PDA

View Full Version : Boosting up and tuning the CA18det, please help.

The Forsaken
03-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Ok, this is my first time on the forum. And i must say that you guys have enough knowledge to make anyone jealous. So here is the deal: I have just bought my self a CA18det, with some nice upgrades: T28 turbo upgrade, equal length racing manifold, turbonettics external waist gate, 470cc injectors, Apexi S-afc, stage 3 act racing clutch kit, huge front mount intercooler, with a 3inch down pipe. Here where I live we can take all emission stuff away. I live on a small island in the Caribbean, called Curacao.
Here is my thing: I would like you guys to help me find out till where I could push this engine, and still being safe, considering all the mods I have. I would like to talk about it also in numbers, like how much HP could I expect if I’m boosting 13, 15, 18 or 20 psi?
I still have to mention that I got a set of forged pistons, that still need to be installed. What can I expect when I install the pistons???? What psi and how much HP?

Right now I’m running only 6 psi, I still need to buy a boost controller. So when I do this I would like to know how much boost to set in to.

I have seen so much of the SR vs CA and I made my mind. And what other mods can I do to have a better performance? I thought about Changing the cams?

Thx.

Neejay
03-17-2006, 07:50 AM
Nicoclub has a CA forum with some knowledgeful people specifically for the CA.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zeroforum?id=126