PDA

View Full Version : SR Power Steering Bracket Question.

bryce with a y
03-15-2006, 11:28 PM
hey got a quick question, recently bought a SR motor, and had no power steering items what so ever...

and i am wondering, since i have almost all the components to put a power steering system back in,

do KA tensinar brackets work on sr pumps??

cause that all i really need to complete my setup.
also i have heard that you can use the entire DOHC KA powersteering unit on a sr, is this true??

also if anyone has a spare one, or knows where i can get one that would be much apresiated.

thankS!

fastforward
03-16-2006, 10:10 AM
just get a bracket for a 1990 sentra ser

bryce with a y
03-16-2006, 08:03 PM
hmm so that works with the rwd sr??

emopunk96
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Im confused too what is needed? If you have all the ka(sohc and dohc same?) then all you need is the sentra bracket and your fine?

thanks
-nick

Ineedparts
03-13-2008, 10:44 PM
I need help with this also. I thought that the ka bracket would bolt up to sr block, it does not. It looks like it could, if you use the bolt that holds engine mount on. Anyone know if this is possible or do I need to get the 90 sentra ser one?

sac
03-13-2008, 10:50 PM
as they have said. use the ser one.

burnsauto
03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
theres a few different combinations you can use. se-r bracket with a ka pump (if you cant fine an sr one for a good price) just use the sr pulley.

personally, im running an s13 sr bracket, with an s14 sr pump + adjuster assembly... not a perfect fit, but after a little modification the adjuster works just fine.

Ineedparts
04-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I am in desperate need of help with this. So if I understand this correctly I need the bracket from a 90 sentra ser?? Now that is a 1.6 engine right?? And do I then also need to get a different pulley for the pump?? I went to a junkyard that said they had the bracket, when I got there he was about to pull it off a ka24de fwd. Now this bracket was on the wrong side of the engine and looked like it would not work. I went to auto zone to try and look at a pic of it on their sweet z net system but they couldnt pull one up. Their z net system did not give an option for ser model. Please will someone chime in and give me the full low down on what I need to do and get. If anyone has these parts and want to give them up that would also be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

burnsauto
04-01-2008, 03:05 PM
I am in desperate need of help with this. So if I understand this correctly I need the bracket from a 90 sentra ser?? Now that is a 1.6 engine right?? And do I then also need to get a different pulley for the pump?? I went to a junkyard that said they had the bracket, when I got there he was about to pull it off a ka24de fwd. Now this bracket was on the wrong side of the engine and looked like it would not work. I went to auto zone to try and look at a pic of it on their sweet z net system but they couldnt pull one up. Their z net system did not give an option for ser model. Please will someone chime in and give me the full low down on what I need to do and get. If anyone has these parts and want to give them up that would also be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

the se-r has the SR20DE, non turbo. That bracket will fit. A pump will work off a DOHC KA24DE, but the pulley and tensioner assembly are needed off an SR20DET pump.

If you need them, I have the pulley and tensioner assembly off an SR20DET.

Ineedparts
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
so will any year sr20de bracket work?

Ineedparts
04-01-2008, 05:23 PM
went back to auto zone and the sweet z net and according to z net 91 is the first year for the sr20 in the sentra, So I need a 91?? And if so will other years work also, thanks