PDA

View Full Version : fuel issue?

kingmoochr
03-15-2006, 11:13 PM
my nissan has run rich for as long as i owned it. 1 year ago - new injectors. last few months - code 45 - leaking injectors...

wtf??

so i just finished replacing the orings for the injector necks and got a new fpr. solved cel but still runs like booboo. so im looking and i notice somehting. heres the fuel layout:

2 hardlines into engine bay to soft lines. the filter is installed on one of the soft lines. they run back together to hard lines, pass around the intake manifold, and go back to soft. here one goes into the regulator (you would think this would be the feed) and one goes back to hard, runs the length of the fuel rail, and curves into the rail (you would think this is the return)

heres where the ??? comes in. the filtered line runs into the hard line that runs the length of the rail, which is what i believe should be the return. if we treat the filter as the fuel starting point it travels directly from the filter into the rail, into the INJECTORS, and THEN into the regulator, which feeds back out of the engine bay.

i know is a pressurized system, but logic (well my logic) would dictate that you go from filter to reg to inj to return.

drifter808
03-15-2006, 11:52 PM
on my SR it goes filter,rail and injectors,regulator,return. pretty sure its the same on a KA. so i think your lines are correct.

fastforward
03-16-2006, 10:06 AM
filter is the feed, regulator is the return. the fpr regulates how much fuel returns to the tank thus setting the pressure in the rail.

neverlift
03-16-2006, 10:37 AM
thanks, this might help save me in the future, \
mad sense now good job fast