PDA

View Full Version : Greddy turbo timer problem

sliEighty
03-11-2006, 09:41 PM
i just got a greddy turbo timer for my sr20 swapped 240 and i hooked everything up except the e-break... when the key is in the on position it turns on so you can set the time... once you start the car it says off and turns off same thing when you turn off the car... could the turbo timer be messed up or something i did... or with having the sr20det will the extra grey wire be needed to used?

SpeedMonkeyInc
03-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Its hard to make sense of your post.

So the unit powers up when you turn the key to the "on" position, but when you turn the engine on the turbo timer switches off? What happens when you turn off the car?

irritatedmax
03-12-2006, 05:45 AM
i have the same problem on my ka-t setup. i have the e-brake wired up, but not the other grey wire which is only used for something that was only available in japan (i think). i bought a timer wiring harness for my s14 to just make it a easy plug and play deal, but the unit turns off when i try to actually start the car but has power in the on position.

i know a while back i stumbled accross a thread that said that the wiring harness that i bought need one more wire spliced in and had a nice little write up about it, but now that i need the thread i cant find it. if anyone can find the thread and post a link or just solve my/our problem i would really appreciate it.

thanks (not trying to thread-jack).