PDA

View Full Version : sr20det problems

boostin_sil80
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I just helped my friend swap his sr20det into his s13. it ran fine for about 4 days than all of a sudden it just went to sh*t. it started to misfire and it seemed like everytime we ran it it got worse.Then it got soo bad that it wouldn't even start. we checked everything... coil packs, spark plugs, switched the ecu, fuel pump, fuel filter, etc... and come to find out the cam angle sensor was bent...okay got a new one the car starts up fine but it still misses when the accelerator is pressed about 1/4 . At idle the exhaust starts to pop every now and then. AND the engine also seems a little hotter than usual. and yes we replced the spark plugs and checked the timing...HELP!!!wtf

nrg
03-09-2006, 09:14 PM
it's your wiring. from the coil pack. something is grounding out, i had that problem.
check maf wires too.

boostin_sil80
03-10-2006, 01:25 PM
ok we checked the wiring and everything is fine. hmm..when he purchased the engine it didn't come with a fuel pressure regulator so we bought a nismo adjustable one. we fooled around with it but it still does it. its hard to say if the car is misfiring or detonating. because when you rev the engine in neutral it doesn't do it as bad. but i notice if you barely press the accelerator it starts to pop..ok were gonna go check for boost leaks (I've never had problems with the Ca18det) lol....jk vince

nrg
03-10-2006, 04:40 PM
spark plug gap. it should be at .028

boostin_sil80
03-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I already set the gap. I tightened the hot pipe cupplers and the car ran a lot better and it only does it some times when he's really getting on it. My friend is gonna let us borrow his boost leak tester... so hopefully it's just a leak.