PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal pressure goes up and down

kouki_s14
03-05-2006, 11:50 PM
i searched and couldn't really find anyone with the same problem
so when my car is cold my clutch pedal is really soft and i have to push the pedal all the way to the floor for it to engage smoothly and not grind. Then as i drove around and the motor warmed up the clutch line, so i assume, the pedal got stiff and it caught near the top of the travel. been like this for some time now.
i think hmmm, there must be air in the line somewhere, so i finally have the time and i proceed to bleeding the clutch to get the air out. bleeding was done and nothing, pedal is mushy and yet again must be pushed to the floor to get into gear, i am absolutely sure there is no air in the line, since i bled it 20 times. i drove it around to try and warm up the line and see if the heat would firm up the pedal like it did before. i didnt drive too much, but it seemed like it helped move the catching point up, but i cant be sure. i will have to see tomorrow when im less tired. i dont understand why there is no pressure until it warms up, and bleeding it did not help. it was working fine right before i bled it, nice and firm. so im assuming the MC and SC are fine.
anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

also i dont have a clutch dampener since my car was auto before
the clutch hardline is new from dealer and from hardline to slave is a stainless steel clutch line

thanks for any help

henry

kouki_s14
03-06-2006, 03:17 PM
anyone have ideas?

krustindumm
03-06-2006, 11:06 PM
master or slave cylinder may be leaking.

Pull the dustboot back on the slave and look for fluid, if there is none, it's probably the master cylinder.

kouki_s14
03-07-2006, 12:33 AM
master or slave cylinder may be leaking.

Pull the dustboot back on the slave and look for fluid, if there is none, it's probably the master cylinder.

i thought that but it when i drove it today after 1/2 hr or so of driving it got firm and caught at the top again. i cant seem to figure it out.
i thought maybe since its warmer it made the seals expand and therefore got firmer, but then i realized that it might be leaking when the seals are colder.
so yet again i cant explain why this is happening
thanks for your help though, i may just go out and buy a new MC

henry

spirit
03-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Did you find your problem? I have the same damn problem, tho when its real cold (like below 50F) and my clutch is to the floor, I get rubbing like noise as well. Just had a bran new Exedy stage one clutch installed too.

DJ_Sunrise
04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
i had that problem before as well.. it turned out to be one of three things.. i honestly cant remember which one tho... clutch slave, master, or just needed to be bled.. do all three, not too expensive and it will ensure reliability.

kouki_s14
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
thread is a year old guys, and yes i fixed the problem i just bought all new stuff. i was tired of dealing with it.