PDA

View Full Version : SR problems

SR20d2fourT
03-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Well guys, my friend just got done installing his SR20DET redtop into his s13. Thing is, it cranks over and everything but wants to die- then eventually does. He says the timing is correct, TPS is fine and a bunch of other things look to be in place (he looks at mine for referance). Whats wierd is when he sprays throttle body cleaner in it and starts it up, its fine for a bit then wants to die then does. Any clues as to why it would do this or why its dying for that matter? I've searched and didnt find anything that suited our situation. Thanks in advance :)

slider2828
03-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Pull the wire to your CAS and then pull each spark plug one at a time and see if fuel is traveling in there. If you smell or see fuel then ground the tip of each spark plug and see if you get spark in each one. See also if your plugs are fouled in any way. If fouled, make sure you clean them. Did you also see if you changed the fuel pump cause if it is the original fuel pump from the car, I would trash that POS as well. Good Luck

NIK90s13
03-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Agreed on the fuel pump, the original will not run the SR, you need a bigger one.

Team Rootbeer
03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
is he spraying the tb cleaner in just the throttle body? DO NOT spray the MAF w/ it......try unplugging the maf, then seeing if it will idle, just to rule out having a bad maf sensor....also, check for vaccum leaks