PDA

View Full Version : probably a really stupid question (injectors)

vicko
02-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Ok i searched and searched and i'm probably going to get flamed for this...
So i've been blowing white smoke out of my exhaust and i read that its most likely the injector o-rings, so while replacing them i accidentally broke the orange thing on the end of one of my injectors. Is it ok to run like that until i get a new injector or will I still have the same (or worse) problems?

breakindrifts
02-27-2006, 02:00 AM
The pintle cap? Yeah you will need it, just get it from someone who services injectors. Should be less than a buck.

aznpoopy
02-27-2006, 09:15 AM
hahah... i hate the ones with four pronged ends at the tip... they always get broken somehow. i think i'm running an injector that's missing a prong.

as long as the cap is still there and holding the seal in place, you can get away with it. if you can, definitely go and replace it. it's so cheap and easy there's hardly any justification not to.

knate
02-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Ok i searched and searched and i'm probably going to get flamed for this...
So i've been blowing white smoke out of my exhaust and i read that its most likely the injector o-rings, so while replacing them i accidentally broke the orange thing on the end of one of my injectors. Is it ok to run like that until i get a new injector or will I still have the same (or worse) problems?

After you get your injector fixed, you're going to want to check to see if your water/oil are mixing. Are you having temperature problems at all? Typically.. black smoke=rich, blue smoke=burning oil, white smoke=head gasket, red smoke=fancy tires, and green smoke=you're smoking something.

Do a compression test or have one done for you, I don't think your injectors are your problem.

aznpoopy
02-27-2006, 12:50 PM
actually white smoke does indicate a blown o-ring.

don't ask me why it's white. i don't know. on other cars, yes... it's black.

at any rate, if you see alot of thin white smoke, and the smoke smells like gas, and your oil is washed thin with gas, then you probably have a bad injector o-ring.