PDA

View Full Version : Dash Light/tail Light Fuse Keeps Blowing, dam electrical

ESone3
02-25-2006, 12:41 PM
okay, so i get these tail lights and they didn't come with harnesses so I had to use my old blub harness and ghetto rig it.

anyway it was working fine for a few weeks then all of a sudden the night time taillights along with my interior dash lights no longer work. I unplugged everything in the back (where i did all the wiring) and still keeps blowing the fuse after I turn on the night time lights (acc, lights, whatever you want to call them). Anyone can help figure it out, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks

g6civcx
02-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Check grounds.

1968Oldsman
02-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Check grounds.

Ditto i betcha it's a ground or wires chaffed

VitaminT
02-25-2006, 07:09 PM
You aren't by chance using a jdm cluster harness are you? I used one for a very short time and it would pop taillight/cluster fuses and even got the fuse box hot around the fuse.

JigokuZ
02-25-2006, 08:41 PM
You didn't install a new radio lately have you?

DriftKouki
02-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Same thing happen to me but this was after I tried getting my alarm fixed. I still need to get this fixed cause I can't drive at night. Im too scared of getting a ticket.

Phlip
02-25-2006, 09:23 PM
You didn't install a new radio lately have you?
:stupid: Same thing happened to me with my S14 after replacing my head unit and putting a changer in it. Russ (R240NA) checked my wiring of the radio and all my underhood fusible links. The deck was slightly wrong (he knew it was the orange wire before anyone had turned a screw) and one of the fusible links was blown.
Check and make sure your radio is wired right and check all underhood fuses/fusible links.

sblack13
02-25-2006, 09:28 PM
i would check the wiring on your new tail lights. I had this same problem, no one knew the remedy. So i went over everything related to dash lights and tail lamps. I found out that i messed up the wiring on one of the jdm hump signals. Check your wiring.

ESone3
02-26-2006, 07:17 AM
thanks for the suggestion guys.

I don't think its either the taillights or the radio. Both actually work when the fuse is blow so it leads me to think it something else. My guess it is something to do with a ground.

If anyone can think of any fuseable links I could check? I have the S14 FSM, but I think thats different then the S13.

Max_PSi
02-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Are you sure about all the wiring you did? Not knocking you bro of course, I know sometimes with any conversion there are extra wires that don't make any sense. Its easy to mix one of them up.

JigokuZ
02-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Well... If you wired the radio ground wrong... it'll blow the fuse and your radio will keep working...

ESone3
02-27-2006, 08:18 PM
problem solved, it was chafing wires by the clutch pedal.