PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Bought cut harness

Realnez
02-22-2006, 12:21 PM
I just got my engine and parts all back form the shop and noticed MY DOHC harness got cut at the white connector. Now what do I do? I tried looking at the SOHC harness to see if I could just cut the connector and match up the colors but the colors are different. If you dont know what connector Im talking about its the one thats behind the glove box that goes to your gauge cluster. If anyone can help that would be good cuz I need the help ASAP. There are 16 wires going to the connector On the SOHC hanress and theres only 13 on the DOHC harness.

Realnez
02-22-2006, 12:42 PM
colors of cut wires:
black, yellow w/ green , blue w/ black , green w/ white, yellow w/ red and purple w/ white sodered on to it, green w/ black, orange, green w/ red , red, green w/ yellow, blue, green.

Colors of wires missing from SOHC Connector
grey w/ blue stripe, red w/ yellow stripe, light green, red w/ green stripe, and grey

Maeda
02-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Why did the shop cut your harness?

Which harness is it?

Realnez
02-22-2006, 12:53 PM
I dont know what shop, I bought Engine tranny and harness threw a forum. Im guessing they didn't have the common sence to LOOK ABOVE and see there is only a clip there. The ka24de engine harness has been cut. I have a ka24e uncut harness I just pulled from my car. Doing a DOHC swap in my 89 s13

Dousan_PG
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
save the headache and get another motor harness.
done!

projectRDM
02-22-2006, 01:19 PM
It posts like this that make me wonder how mankind has ever evolved.

You have a SOHC chassis receiving a DOHC engine, correct?

The DOHC dash plug does not plug into the SOHC dash harness, that's probably why they cut it off since it's not needed. Tahe the SOHC harness, cut the dash plug off of it and wire it into the DOHC harness, that's what you'd have to do anyway for the swap, same as an SR, RB, CA, etc. Use the colors as written up in any wiring guide for the above engines. You don't need the rest.

orange- start signal
yellow/green- VSS
yellow/red- tach
blue/black- water temp
blue/green- A/C
black- ground

Realnez
02-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Ok, so wire up :
orange- start signal
yellow/green- VSS
yellow/red- tach
blue/black- water temp
blue/green- A/C
black- ground

And the rest are for nothing? On my DOHC harness why is purple sodered onto my yellow/red? Is there any other colors I should match up?