PDA

View Full Version : Bushing Review Question

Chillaxed 240sx
02-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Within the next two weeks I plan on replacing all of the bushings in my car. The car will still be seeing road time, and the constant buzzing sound from urethane bushings just annoys the hell out of me (rode in another car with them). So my bushings will be rubber.

My question is this: What brand are you using and how do you like them and about what price did you get them for? Energy Suspension is about the top of my list at the moment simply because I have heard they make a great product for a great price, but I have heard the Nismos are stiffer but still streetable. I need some information on this before I go ahead and make a purchase.

spdfreek0o
02-22-2006, 09:43 AM
I thought energy suspension only made polyurethane bushings. If your looking for OE style rubber bushings, go with moog. One of the best aftermarket OE style suspension parts manufacturers.

1Via!
02-22-2006, 09:58 AM
I have whiteline polyurethane bushings in my links. They are fairly expensive, but they have served me well as I replace my rear links. They give comprable but slightly less rigidity and tightness than adjustable pillowball pieces

Chillaxed 240sx
02-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Okay, I just double checked the Hyper Flex kit and it is a urethane kit.

New question: For those of you that use this kit, how do you like it? I can get this kit for $120 retail and then I get an additional $50 off from the shop I am buying from (coupon). Can anyone help me out?

Jung918
02-22-2006, 10:35 AM
I have them installed on my car but I haven't gotten to drive the car really so I can't really give a review. I can say that they were hell to install. Luckly I had access to a sawzall and a torch.

1Via!
02-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Get that, thats a damn good deal, and it is of passable quality. You'll enjoy it.

projectRDM
02-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Urethane bushings do not make noise if properly lubricated. That being said, the HyperFlex kit does not include every bushing needed, and comes with a few like the sway bar bushings that are only usable on the OE bars.
Go to Courtesy's site, they have a listing of the specific bushings available from ES, buy only the ones you need, much easier.

Chillaxed 240sx
02-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Well I've changed my mind and I'll be buying the Nismo kit. I just can't justify getting a set of urethane bushings for my car at this point.