PDA

View Full Version : S14 Oilpan question

nyquil
02-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Hello all, for the past month my zenki has been leaving nifty little droplets/ small puddles of oil for me. Me and my roommate are pretty sure that its the rtv or sealant around the pan. After reading threw a few threads I found this as one of the more common methods of removal.

"Remove the front Sway bar, and front crossmember while on jackstands."

and then you should be able to slide/wiggle the pan off?
Only 2 other questions are:

-wether this method of removal is for the s13 or s14? or does it not make a difference on either car?

-and is there a quicker/simpler way to remove it?

We have all our basic handtools here as well as a small jack and 2 stands, no lifts or anything of that sort.

NI_YON_Zenki
02-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Nah, not really. it pertains to both applications, 13 & 14. You just have to abide by the obvious. .. .unless you have the time to break the engine off the mounts, lift the block then get under there & take the bolts off & pull it, sad to say, theres no eaier way to do this. .. .you'll also have to look out for those two rear plates that connect the block to the tranny just to the rear of the oil pan, you'll have to try & avoid these as well.

Kragens or autozone carry oil pan gaskets, but the sealant should do fine, get the black if you don't like obvious blue

projectRDM
02-22-2006, 03:20 AM
Oilpan is the same for all DEs, so is removal. It's really only about 20 minutes worth of work if you follow the guidelines we've discussed daily for the last 30 years.

aznpoopy
02-22-2006, 07:42 AM
unbolt the motor mounts and jack it by the bellhousing till the pan clears the pick up

or lower the front crossmember per the FSM instructions and support it with a jack.

orion::S14
02-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Before you go and do all that work...when was the last time you replaced the front main seal? That's a MUCH more likely cuplprit.

Second thing I'd check would be the oil pressure sending unit.

Then the pan.

And has that oil pan ever been off the car? If not, I'll bet it's not the pan gasket.

Just a heads up.

- Brian

nyquil
02-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Appreciate the responses guys
Ill probably attempt it this weekend, hopefully results go good.

After im done reading 30 years of pointless forum posts
:blah: