PDA

View Full Version : 240sx problems

RedLiner
02-21-2006, 03:58 PM
i just got this 90' 240sx (with a 92' dual cam swap) last week over in tampa and now im starting to notice all the problems it has.......

The seat belt is one of those that r supposed to move back when u turn the car on, and it doesnt work, i checked the fuses........any ideas on what i should do?

The tachometer doesnt read anything, the needle doesnt move.....the guy that sold me the car gave me a gauge cluster, he told me that the cluster was broken and thats y it didnt show my RPMs; so i changed the cluster and it didnt work, the tachometer didnt move...... anything i should do/check/buy?

The motor is leaking a little oil, some guy in my neighborhood told me that the gasquets were broken..... were can i take the car for this and how much do u think its going to b??

everytime i brake i hear a little squiking noise and after that i hear a little *crack*..... were can i get my brakes replaced/fixed???? any idea on the price? <---- got a small budget

any advice/info/help is apreshiated

Yuri
02-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Here is some advice/info/help:
Since this is your first time on here, it's understandable that you may be in the dark as to how Zilvia works.
When you have questions like this, before posting a new thread, use the Search button in the tool bar. This function will most likely give you the answers you seek, and in your case, your problems have been covered many times, with numerous solutions given.
Try searching, you'll love it. If you spend a reasonable effort searching and don't find answers, only then should you start a new thread.
Good luck!

Shawn_of_the_Dead
02-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Seat belt problem ----> Take it to Nissan, they warranty safety equip. and should fix it.

Tachometer problem ----> See if someone local can let you test their working guage in your car...if it works you know that you had a bunk guage and just to replace it.

Oil leak problem. -----> Get under there when it is parked and look where it drips onto the ground. Now trace that to above and see if you can tell where it actually drips from. This will give us and you a better idea of what it might be. It could be a main seal, oil pan gasket, or even valve cover gasket....just depends on where it is leaking from. Also, make sure it is oil, 240's seem to have leaky power steering lines about 90% of the time.

Brake squeak problem ----> Fix the brakes yourself. You will save money and actually LEARN something about your car. This procedure can be found on many 240sx fanatic sites, or even by searching google. This is not hard, and I would consider it a level 2 repair. Very easy with basic tools. The hardest part for a newb is compressing the rear calipers and you can figure out what I mean by searching.

Like stated already though....if your having a problem, chances are someone else has already had the same problem and found a fix for it. If you search and still do not find and helpful info then ask for sure....but search a little first. :D

RedLiner
02-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Here is some advice/info/help:
Since this is your first time on here, it's understandable that you may be in the dark as to how Zilvia works.
When you have questions like this, before posting a new thread, use the Search button in the tool bar. This function will most likely give you the answers you seek, and in your case, your problems have been covered many times, with numerous solutions given.
Try searching, you'll love it. If you spend a reasonable effort searching and don't find answers, only then should you start a new thread.
Good luck!oo sry bout that......next time ill make sure its not a re-post, and thanks for the info:wavey:impactred & Sheazy0219

Yuri
02-22-2006, 10:06 AM
In terms of power steering, you will probably be leaking if the lines weren't switched from the SOHC style. (I had this happen to me)