PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start after doing timing

Xandy Boosts
02-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Yesterday I changed my timing to stock (because it was off)

today, my car will not start
it sounds like it usually sounds when you try to start it, but it just wont turn over

weird thing is last night, the car was driving/starting fine, and this was AFTER i changed the timing too.

I've ruled out battery, alternator, starter issues because i've tried jump starting and it still doesn't start.

Here's what I think I did wrong when I did my timing though. When i was adjusting it, i did everything right by pulling the tps, warming it up, etc. The problem was, when adjusting it, i didnt turn my idle down to 650, i left it at about 1000 rpm because I thought it would be okay. is that what may be causing my car not to start up?

How would I go about changing my timing to stock without it being on? If i can turn my crank to TDC, how would i adjust it to stock, or how can i set it so that it'll start again? ANY help would be greatly appreciated...THANKS!

Silvia240sxxx
07-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Having the timing a little off of the base timing shoulnd not stop your car from starting up. I don't think that's the problem if you didn't set your timing right on. If it is the timing that is WAY off..you can try turning the dizzy a lil bit either way to try to get it started..but again I don't think thats the problem.

Are you getting spark at each spark plug??? Have you checked that? That's the first thing to always check.