PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Coolant

m0rex
02-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Last night we had like -15 degree weather. I was driving up to a party and noticed that the heater wasent getting any warmer. I thought something with the heater went out. I kept driving and 3/4 of the way there the tempeture gauge started to rise up well i was wtf its really cold outside.

Then i realized that i had forgotten to buy coolant when i replaced my water pump a while ago but i remember adding a bit of coolant but about 1/7 only. This was when i got there otherwise i wouldnt of droven it.

I never let the gauge go up too high maybe once. I kept on turning the car on and off and coasting it most of the way there for those 5 min that it took me to get there.

After i left well i guess the water thawed out and the gauge stayed normal i was really drunk but im guessing thats what happen from what my friend said.

So my question is.. what are the chances that my ka might have cracked or something during my 20 minute trip. Sorry for the essay. I know, i dont want to hear how stupid i am because i think i already know that :hsdance: .

1mns13
02-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Sounds like you tried to make the best of the situation. I doubt anything cracked. I would make sure to put a 50/50 mix in the system. Make sure to get all the air out when you refill.