PDA

View Full Version : motor came with automatic throttle body and tps, just order manual tps?

Enjin
02-19-2006, 02:17 PM
I ordered a motorset from osaka. it was basically an automatic motor with a manual transmission and mt harness, etc.

so of course it came with an automatic throttle body and automatic tps and they will not send me a manual one. so my question is, should I just purchase a 5 speed sr tps and it will mate up to the automatic throttle body?

thanks

drifter808
02-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Do you need to replace it? my engine has the automatic throttle body and tps and it works fine. You shouldn't run into any problems.

Enjin
02-19-2006, 11:17 PM
well I bought one from a guy on here just to be sure.

I mean...

it IS a sensor that came on the motor.

so I assume that it is important.

It runs fine without it (minus proper idle)

I would just feel better with it connected, as I am sure it deals with a/f ratio right?

boosteds13
02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Never heard of the TPS/throttle body being different...

drifter808
02-19-2006, 11:32 PM
it wont give you a crappy idle. all it has is a six wire plug and i think some of them would go to the overdrive feature on the tranny. I haven't ran into any problems at all so i think you just wasted you money on that one. Everything will plug in fine too.

Flybert
02-20-2006, 02:32 AM
His harness is the incorrect harness. He can't plug his harness into that TPS that he has. He needs to get a manual TB with the TPS. You should be able to find one for $50 or less on here.

Slip&Sliden 240
02-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Just use the TPS plugs from your KA harness and TPS. All you need are three of the six wires. I believe they are the green, white, and black. I can check later, I had the same problem.