PDA

View Full Version : dohc injectors into sohc

Richard
02-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey, 1st post. Been a long time browser, and searching has covered everything i've needed to know except this. I'm rebuilding my engine (KA24e) and it just so happens that my someone (with no insurance or drivers license) ran into and totaled my best friends (SUPER CLEAN :wtc:) DOHC. Now I thought that the DOHC injectors arent a direct drop in for the SOHC, but I might as well make sure if I could save some money (he just got brand new injectors too). So long story aside, will the ka24de injectors drop right into the ka24e with no problems or issues? Thanks in advance!

infinitexsound
02-16-2006, 09:20 PM
no de are side feed.... sohc are top feed, if i remember correctly... why not just take his whole motor setup since hes already parting out the car....

BigVinnie
02-16-2006, 09:37 PM
You can't use the DOHC injectors on the SOHC due to the fact that it is side feed injection, SOHC is TOP Feed.
You can use top feed injection from the CA18de/det, or just get some new SOHC KAE injectors. Some L series used Top Feed as well.
CA18de injectors are 260cc, and KA24e injectors are 270cc, so you might have some problems there..........

Richard
02-16-2006, 10:13 PM
cool, thanks guys. thats what i figured, just wanted to see if it was doable. couldnt take his motor set because the insurance company is taking his car, so everything i take, i have to replace with something. at least i can get away with his exhaust, seats and coilovers:naughty:

HyperTek
02-17-2006, 01:05 PM
get rx7 fc injectors =D

krustindumm
02-17-2006, 04:20 PM
1) install DE in yours
2) install E in his
3) ???
4) win

weekend project.

Jonnie Fraz
02-17-2006, 05:14 PM
1) install DE in yours
2) install E in his
3) ???
4) win

weekend project.
Or buy back his car from the inshurance company, they usally sell them super cheap, take the motor and part the rest and make some money.

nissanberto
02-13-2007, 03:52 PM
ok i want to know more on this topic.... so the DOHC injectors will not work??? what if i also grabbed jsut the fuel rail? or will it not work on the SOHC??? i need to know now because i have a SOHC with leaking injectors and i need new ones, but i have a ka24de in the back and i was wondering if i could use the whole fuel system or somehting??? any suggestions?

projectRDM
02-13-2007, 04:58 PM
No.

A quick look at both rails will tell you that. It's possible to machine the rail and make new mounts to fit the SOHC intake manifold, but at that point you've spent way too much for very little gain anyway.

s13gold
02-13-2007, 05:03 PM
just take the whole de.

nissanberto
02-13-2007, 05:07 PM
i would take the whole de, but i dont have moeny right now, since the de is in pieces, its a long story,, well i found some new injectors for about 75 bucks each,,, so i just got those, kuz i need to get denver this week..........long story.. but thanks for the help, i jsut didnt have time to compare them... im taking off right now to get them, install them, and take off...
thanks-
-berto