PDA

View Full Version : chassis electrical help!!!!!!!!!!

lilaznjeff
02-16-2006, 09:18 AM
i have a 89 base model chassis with a sr20det in the car. one day when i decided that im going to drive this car, i realize that it dont start, i payed more attention to it, notice that im not getting power to my ecu or my dash, so i check the fuse box in the engine bay , fuse was ok, replace the relay, replace it. i realize that i will not start, i tested the fuse slot for the ecu, notice that fuse slot for the ecu is not getting power. i checked the fuse under the driver side and i also check the relay under the driver side, any other possiblity, please help thanks
:smash:

the head
02-16-2006, 09:53 AM
sounds like you forgot to hook all of the power leads to the battery there are three the main wire and a 2 cond plug hooked to the side

lilaznjeff
02-17-2006, 09:36 PM
is there another relay inside the interior, becaues when i put in the keys the radio turns on but, other than that all the interior light does not work. when i try to crank it. i chased the wire from the ecu slot i knowtice that i goes to the relay and there is a wire that attach to it which is brown, i believe it runs to motor harness.
please help

HyperTek
02-17-2006, 10:09 PM
does ur battery have a full charge? sounds like something minor and thankfully not mechanical... A volt gauge is a good investment for a modded car becuase you would know right away if you where getting power.

lilaznjeff
02-18-2006, 04:58 PM
i have power going through the battery. i can start the car by putting the wire in to another fuse slot.
the problem is i want to start the with the key, not by popping the hood everytime.

projectRDM
02-18-2006, 05:20 PM
I've read all three of your posts and I'm still confused. Are you trying to type in a foreign langauge?

lilaznjeff
02-19-2006, 02:29 AM
ok basically my car starts, it runs, the problem is im not getting power to the ecu, i check the the fuse slot its not getting power in the fuse slot on the passager side engine bay fuse box, the only way i can have power to the ecu is by putting a wire in the fuse slot in to another fuse slot. then i will be able to start the car. if i leave the wire in another slot, the power on the ecu will stay 12v constain.

finesses240
02-19-2006, 02:50 AM
did you check your wiring behind the battery location? There is wires behind there that supply power to the ecu. Check those, then go from there.

jdmsilvia909
02-19-2006, 07:50 AM
u need a wiring diagram to figure out whats going on here..see if u can find a wiring diagram cause without it u won't know where the power is travling

lilaznjeff
02-19-2006, 12:33 PM
i knowtice that the slot for the ecu power goes in to the main engine bay harness, i checked driver sides relay box, and replaced it all. does theecu power goes to the driver side kick panel, does anyone have a wiring diagram,
please help thanks

DMC
03-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Im not sure if this is what your looking for, but i hope it helps.

EDIT: picture wont work, on he fuse box behind the drivers side kick panel, check the fuse that the second up from the bottom right corner.