PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problems Help!

Hasnotiresleft
02-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok im down to my final problem before i can get back on the road. Please help me out here.

I just did the auto to 5 speed Swap

CenterForce Clutch
Nissan OEM Flywheel
New Master Cyl
New Slave Cyl
Steel Braided Clutch Line with Dampner Removed.
DriveShaft Shop Driveshaft

I bled the slave until i had no more air coming out.

Now the problem is The clutch wont disengage.

When the car is off it can be put into gear, but you cant while the car is running. I put the car on jackstands, i can get it into first with some convincing, but when i press the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, the tires still spin. It seems like the slave cyl pin isnt putting enough pressure on the Clutch fork for the clutch to disengage. I tried to adjust the Master Cyl Stud on the pedal, which resulted in a stiffer pedal but still the same problem.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, any help would greatly be appeciated.

mRclARK1
02-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I would just try bleeding the whole system again first. Sounds like it may not be moving enough fluid to fully disengage. Give it a try and go from there.

Indolent
02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
extended slave cylinder rod could help if all else fails, i know they sell them for other cars in the market, never researched em' for a 240, but you could always make one yourself.

1mns13
02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I would make sure the slave cylinder rod is moving.

Hasnotiresleft
02-15-2006, 07:15 AM
Yeah the rod is definitely moving. And ive thought about getting a longer one. I just dont know if that would affacet the operation of the clutch. Im gonna try and gravity bleed today. Ill update.

Siizzzoooo
02-15-2006, 08:35 AM
IB throwout bearing

could be a couple of things, the TOB could have gotten stuck at the end of the input shaft (during reinstallation of tranny) and won't return to its home position or 2, the clip on the TOB is backwards and is not operating correctly

Hasnotiresleft
02-15-2006, 12:23 PM
OK bled the system again. even reverse bled it. There should be no air in the lines unless im doing somthing wrong.

After a few hours of Troubleshooting i decided to see if it would drive. I cut the car off, put it in gear and start it, it lurches and drives. The Clutch engages immediately, With no pedal input or very little pedal at all. I can get it to go in every gear (I have to fight it through every one). When im slowing down (Downshifting or Brakes) its hard to get it back into second and first.

I can get it to go all the way to 5th. 3rd seems to be the easiest gear to get to.

Reverse is the same as first. I have to cut the car off , put it in reverse and then itll lurch backwards to be able to move it. Then from reverse i cant get it to go to any other gear.

Once i shift it, the transmission feels fine. Its just the shifting thats the problem.

HELP! :(

Hasnotiresleft
02-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Ahh i love it when things go right. I Adjusted the pedal , and just to experiment i went to look at another slave cyl. rod at a local parts house. The one i had was too short, by like a cm. (Boxed Wrong). Problem Solved! Now im grinning from ear to ear :rawk: :rawk: