PDA

View Full Version : auto to manual swap or engine swap?

BRSTYLE240SX
05-21-2002, 11:29 AM
would it be worth it to swap my ka24 auto with another ka24 but, manual? suppose they both have the same ammount of miles.. around 120? in a 92 coupe?? or would it be more worth it to just swap the tranny? or are both ideas stupid and its just better to swap into a sr20? i would really like to know price ranges for all of those 3 procedures! i dont worry about labor charges, there are none for me! because me and step dad do it! thank you!

drift freaq
05-21-2002, 09:28 PM
OK , you posted pretty much the same question in two different posts. First off look in Faq section the whole auto to manual conversion issue is covered by me. Second off you do not need to swap a whole engine to do a transmission swap. Why don't you look around the Forum some more and try and read the Faq's before asking the questions you may not need to even ask the question. Also please have the patience and time to wait for people to answer your questions before making multiple posts.

BEISSEN
05-22-2002, 08:17 AM
Why are you going to put a ka24e into a 92 coupe when the 92 was a ka24de if you want swap out the ka24e then do a ka24de then ok don the manual swap plus you can get a good manual tranny and engine for a good price.But if you are swapping a de out for another that is still good then go do the sr swap or save the money and get a turbo kit.