PDA

View Full Version : sr20det what parts to replace or check ?

bobbys13
02-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi im new to this board

i have a redtop here , love this motor , for now, the stock power is enough for me, just let me know what parts i should replace to do a well tuneup?
should i replace turbo lines , water pump .....things like those

I really want to know , i like to have peace of mind !

thanks

ps. i currently own this car for 4 months now , only thing i had to replace was the stock fuel pump! the engine run really strong

ALTRNTV
02-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Spark plugs, oil, tranny fluid, you can change the turbo lines to some nice Taka lines if you'd like. Did you change the fuel pump to a Walbro, or something more efficient?

bobbys13
02-05-2006, 06:43 PM
the previous owner did change the spark plug and oils every 2000km, so ill keep that way. i dont have a walbro yet but it know its the first thing to consider with a SR

thank for reply man :bow:

ALTRNTV
02-05-2006, 06:47 PM
What kind of oil are you putting in and how many miles on the motor?

bobbys13
02-05-2006, 06:56 PM
im putting 10w30 oil and i dont exactly know how miles, in the range of 70K

i did a 10 hours trip without problems so most part looks goods

g6civcx
02-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Spark plugs, oil, tranny fluid, you can change the turbo lines to some nice Taka lines if you'd like. Did you change the fuel pump to a Walbro, or something more efficient?

+ air filter, fuel filter, oil & filter, power steering fluid, diff fluid, coolant, brake fluid, and all rubber hoses and belts since most likely your motor sat around for a while in a junkyard somewhere.

If you have more time, clean up all the wiring. Fix all shorts and bad grounds. Check all fuses and relays. Relocate the driver side engine harness if you haven't already done so. Check ECU wiring. Check for vacuum leak and boost leak. Alignment and visual inspection of the rest of the car.

All these things should help your motor run well.

That's all I can think off at the top of my head.

bobbys13
02-06-2006, 04:35 AM
wow thats a pretty complete list

thanks

g6civcx
02-06-2006, 08:33 AM
wow thats a pretty complete list

thanks

Sure thing, boss. I don't know about Canada but if you can get BG services, they are very safe and very good for your car. They offer cleaning and flushing services for just about every component on the car. Look up BG Services in a search engine and see if they have stuff for you in Canada.

Pressure test the cooling system while you're at it and make sure your heater hoses are good. Sometimes they leak.

Check out the SR FAQ at the top of the forum. It has some good info for you.