PDA

View Full Version : Help, sticky steering after nardi install

crazy9ceguy
02-05-2006, 02:35 AM
ok so after i install the steering wheel, the steering was very sticky, meanng if u turn to the right, it will not go back to neutral easily. my rack and pinion and pump are all ok, no leaks. this is on a 95 s14. also when i signal right or left, it doesnt click back to neutral after i finish the turn, any help is appreciated. its a nardi classic steerin wheel with HKB hub.

ReLevent1
02-05-2006, 02:55 AM
also when i signal right or left, it doesnt click back to neutral after i finish the turn, any help is appreciated. its a nardi classic steerin wheel with HKB hub.
thats becuase the hub doesnt have the little notches like the stock stearing wheel which hits a little clicker in the column to release the signal.

ramblux
02-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Did you use the correct hub for it? As far as I know, only the HKB S14-specific hub will work correctly. It includes the correct horn and signal locations, and even includes the tool to remove the airbag.

If you used the S13 hub it's going to take a lot of work to get it to work right.

crazy9ceguy
02-05-2006, 09:49 AM
i think its s14, im pretty sure, i bought it from RRR in gardena. It was working perfectly, steers good, then i drove it 20 minutes later to my friends house to try and remove the hub to straighten it, after much tugging and pulling it wouldnt come off, so we just remove the 6 bolts and turned the wheel and itwas straight, then after that when i turn the wheel for example 45 or 90 degrees it would have to turn it back to 0 degrees by myself.