PDA

View Full Version : Advan wheel help

drivens13
02-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows what metal the rim is made of (not the center cection)like is it a alloy or full aluminum.Need to know to get the rim part re-anodized and the guy said he could burn through it if he doesnt know about the metal.

NI_YON_Zenki
02-02-2006, 10:46 PM
_I believe the "Lip" is constructed of cast aluminum same as the Gram Light Series. .. .

drivens13
02-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah since its a two piece rim part i figured the inner part was cast and the outer was something else because its more polished even on the inside.Anyone know how to confirm this as theyre website is japanese ofcoarse?

A Spec Products
02-03-2006, 07:25 PM
ah niyon_zenki, you're right if you have the OLD gram lights hahaha jk

for 2006 the new gram light 57 pro and 57 s pro is redesigned, new features included a ribbed barrel and stainless steel outer lip (versus polished)

downside is that the price is more expensive now :(

drivens13: which rim specifically were you talking about?

phreze
02-03-2006, 09:50 PM
How do you know it costs more if they haven't relased the pricing :P

But yeah I was just going to tell him about the stainless steel lip(jacket) they use now.

drivens13
02-04-2006, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=A Spec Products]ah niyon_zenki, you're right if you have the OLD gram lights hahaha jk

for 2006 the new gram light 57 pro and 57 s pro is redesigned, new features included a ribbed barrel and stainless steel outer lip (versus polished)

downside is that the price is more expensive now :(

drivens13: which rim specifically were you talking about?[/QUO
Oh,sorry guys i'm talking about the Advan Oni wheel.