PDA

View Full Version : Megan Racing Coilovers are NOT Apex'i N1 ExV coilovers: true story

Siizzzoooo
01-31-2006, 08:20 PM
I previously ran Megan Racing coilovers on my S14. I liked them, they were smooth, soft, and height adjustable; perfect for daily driving.

Megan Racing Coilovers $850 shipped Vs. Apex'i ExV Coilovers $1080 shipped

$330 dollar difference!

As we all know, theres all this hearsay about the Megans and Apex'i, as well as many others, being the same exact coilover, but renamed. Yes, yes, we all know they both have almost exact specs, 32 way adj, 8k,6k spring rates, 44mm piston...etc..

Well, just for shits and giggles, I decided to buy the Apex'i just to SEE if there was any truth or if I was just throwing away money.

Anyways, here's the review

Arrival: First impressions
The ExV coilovers are significantly heavier. Good sign for me :)

Install:
Just as easy as any other coilover, no problems at all.

First drive:
Provided that both coilovers have the same spring rates,

-the ExVs are significantly stiffer than the Megans!
-Dampening is more solid and rebound is excellent
-Hugs turns with significantly less body roll than the Megans

Logan @ Aspec previously stated that they are valved totally different than the Megans, which is apperent here.

So if you want to put it like this, yes they look the same, but internally they are different.

Hopefully you guys found this informative, and add this coilover as another good buy.

I've driven on KTS coilovers and I would have to say that they absolutely are up to par with them.

Overall I am VERY satisfied with my purchase.

I know this is brief, but I can answer any questions you guys may have.

Nachtmensch
01-31-2006, 08:30 PM
good info :thumbsup:

punxva
01-31-2006, 08:33 PM
bout damn time some1 did a test on these knock-offs, because thats what megans seem to be.

richardxfeng
01-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Good Job!

Thank you!!

KwKouki
01-31-2006, 09:26 PM
I think the argument between apexi/megan is similar to the mercedes/chrysler crossfire. Pretty much the same build, but not exactly the same car.

S14DB
01-31-2006, 09:57 PM
So, how wet do the springs get with all the dampening?

HyperTek
01-31-2006, 10:19 PM
good testing. Now it is really considered that they are not the same. How did that rumor come along in the first place? How worn where the megans tho? maybe the new apexi's were really fresh they didnt have time to be broken in yet, which could explain the difference in feel?

WILDACEX187
01-31-2006, 10:40 PM
how do they go over bumps on the lowest dampening? do they have helper springs? i've had tein SS coils for almost 2 years now and love them but just want to get some input on the apex.

Siizzzoooo
02-01-2006, 08:44 AM
good testing. Now it is really considered that they are not the same. How did that rumor come along in the first place? How worn where the megans tho? maybe the new apexi's were really fresh they didnt have time to be broken in yet, which could explain the difference in feel?

I had the megans since brand new, up until about 10k miles. The coilovers felt as solid as day 1.

Today, with the Apex'i coilovers, 1k miles later, still feel as solid as Day 1

I ran 20/20 all around for daily driving on the Megans, same case here.

I will turn down the dampening for more testing, but rest assured, it feels VERY different from the Megans without a doubt.

TheSparo
02-01-2006, 10:39 AM
still daily driveable easily?

Siizzzoooo
02-01-2006, 12:52 PM
on the scale of 1-32 since they're 32 way adjustable; 1 being the softest setting and 32 being the hardest setting, some people may say 20/20 is harsh, but i think its good and tight for my daily spirited driving and commute.

I drive about 75-100 miles a day total.

and yes, its is VERY DAILY drivable

rcsmith01
02-01-2006, 01:07 PM
You can't even compare the two companies. Megan Racing is some importer from China and they just bought coilovers from a factory in China who supposedly has the specs to a good coilover system.

Then you have Apexi who is a million dollar company from Japan who tests all their products at Twin Ring Motegi who has a vast race and drifting history. Their stuff might not be made in Japan but Tawaiian, but ultimately apexi would have strict q/a over the products. Most people don't know it but Tawaiian produces some of the top shit in the world, and China just produces shit.

Which one is worth the money? Something that has actual R&D behind it, or something that has pretty colors, good marketing and god knows where they came up with the specs from.

Personally I wouldn't spend more than $500 on anything that isn't from a reputable company, because in the end your just making some fool rich who didn't do shit in the first place except place the order.

S13 Charlie
02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
You can't even compare the two companies. Megan Racing is some importer from China and they just bought coilovers from a factory in China who supposedly has the specs to a good coilover system.

Then you have Apexi who is a million dollar company from Japan who tests all their products at Twin Ring Motegi who has a vast race and drifting history. Their stuff might not be made in Japan but Tawaiian, but ultimately apexi would have strict q/a over the products. Most people don't know it but Tawaiian produces some of the top shit in the world, and China just produces shit.
Which one is worth the money? Something that has actual R&D behind it, or something that has pretty colors, good marketing and god knows where they came up with the specs from.

Personally I wouldn't spend more than $500 on anything that isn't from a reputable company, because in the end your just making some fool rich who didn't do shit in the first place except place the order.

Fyi, Megan Racing coilvers are produced in Taiwan. And from the looks of the review, Siiizoo seemed to like the MR coilovers and had nothing but good things to say about them in 10k miles of driving. I have a set that I can't wait to install on my S13 coupe, because I know that they'll perform to the level that I require much better than my shock/spring combo.

Also, for what it's worth: $1080 - $850 = $230.

cheers,
C

rcsmith01
02-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Your kyb/agx setup is probably better than the megans.

S13 Charlie
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
hmmm, uh, ok. If you want them they're for sale..

s14kouki416
02-01-2006, 09:55 PM
just wondering where did you get them for 1080 shipped?

Siizzzoooo
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
it was MY price..lol

I think they sell for more like $1150-1200, am I right?

originalsin
02-01-2006, 10:13 PM
i thought it was the apexi n1's?

s14kouki416
02-01-2006, 10:26 PM
haha nm i found them for 1049 shipped on www.intensepower.com.

BigBoizSilvia
02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
i got the mr's for the s14 for about 7 to 8 months now about 8 to 10k miles on them and they are holding great.. easy adjustablity on the height and spring load and its pretty stiff and takes corners great on 15 to 20 and arent that bad on daily driving at 32.. body roll has definitely decreased and with st sways, it feels like ur on rails when taking turns.. I definitely give them a thumbs up and have bought many of their other products and they will take care of you with their 1yr warranty.. for instance my boost gauge when off was at 4 to 5 psi.. i sent it back to them used and they gave me a brand new one. i also have their afpr, flex downpipe, dump o2 pipe, strut and tie bars, oil catch can, and oil pressure guage.. no problems so far

Bryants95240sx
02-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah i rode in Sizzo's old car when he had the megans and they did seem soft compared to my KTS.

SoSideways
02-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Here's a thought.

For all you MR coilover hater crybabies, how bout you think about those coilovers for a second before you deem them unworthy?

MR STREET coilovers = setup softer for street
MR track coilovers = setup stiffer for tracks, and comes with 12/10 springs

Put 8/6 springs on MR track coilovers.

What happens then?

That's what I thought.

Var
02-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Can you custom order the 8/6 springs with the track shocks?

Siizzzoooo
02-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Here's a thought.

For all you MR coilover hater crybabies, how bout you think about those coilovers for a second before you deem them unworthy?

What happens then?

That's what I thought.

no one said they were shit...just a comparison and analysis from my experience.

These Apex'i coilovers are semi street and semi track, just as the Megan Street series. So essentially they are in the same product bracket

by the time u buy springs, and buy the coilovers, you'd be spending close to the same amount anyway

slideways2004
02-02-2006, 06:21 PM
to the orignal poster: are you saying KTS feel the best out of these 3? how does kts feel compared to megan streets?

Siizzzoooo
02-02-2006, 08:23 PM
well, to be honest, they both feel very solid, but I'm not too experienced with KTS, but from my butt-o-meter they KTS and Apex'i coilovers feel comparable

KTS is definately a step or TWO above the Megans Streets without a doubt.

its hard to say which is better between the KTS and Apex'i, because there are so many factors and critics that demand shock dyno's, long term, track use...etc..

If I were to rate the each of the coilovers on overfall performance based on, MY NEEDS...let me repeat...MY NEEDS. This means my daily driving and spirited driving. This will see LITTLE track use, but lots of curvy TN roads.

on a scale of 1-10
Megan HIGH 6, maybe 7
Apex'i HIGH 8
KTS HIGH 8

the only thing I can say I would improve on its maybe an EDFC type adjustability, but thats only exlusive to Tien and Tanabe now

take this as you will

:cool:

EchoOfSilence
02-02-2006, 10:29 PM
So, how wet do the springs get with all the dampening?
:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Slam
02-02-2006, 10:44 PM

True japanese products typically have more R&D and thats for customers that are willing to pay the premium.
I wouldn't stereotype everything out of china is crap, it just so happens that there is a market for parts that are more economical and the quality is good enough for many enthusiast's needs.

I own a set of JIC FLT-A2's and they were pricey, but with my other 240, I am willing to try a set of megans for the money with the decent reviews its been getting.

Just my opinion..

SoSideways
02-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Can you custom order the 8/6 springs with the track shocks?

I emailed Megan Racing about that a couple of months ago, and they said that they plan on having that service available to customers sometime this year.

no one said they were shit...just a comparison and analysis from my experience.

These Apex'i coilovers are semi street and semi track, just as the Megan Street series. So essentially they are in the same product bracket

by the time u buy springs, and buy the coilovers, you'd be spending close to the same amount anyway

I wasn't directing my post towards you, but a lot of the guys on here that have experienced them say they don't like them cause they are too soft, and some people on here just go by what they've read. Those are the people I was making my observation to.

But yeah, after that, you might be up there in the pricing as the Apexi N1 ExV coilovers, but you'll also probably end up with a set of shocks that are a bit stiffer than the Apexi ones, which in turn would probably make the hybrid MR coilovers a bit better for track.

I originally was going to go MR Track series with the 8/6 springs, but now that the Stance coilovers have come out, I am going to get those instead (after reading some reviews and shock dynos of course, but from what I've read so far they seem to be quite good).

zenkei3
02-03-2006, 09:37 PM
I agree with this thread. Riding in an S14 with Megan Coilovers and an S13 with Apexi coilovers = an incredibly different ride especially in terms of comfort on the street.

SoSideways
02-03-2006, 10:57 PM
I agree with this thread. Riding in an S14 with Megan Coilovers and an S13 with Apexi coilovers = an incredibly different ride especially in terms of comfort on the street.

You sound familiar... which one of the FL drift kids are you? lol

Anyways, thing is, S14 chasis is probably stiffer than the S13 chasis, so comparing coilovers on 2 different chasis is kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

Now, if it was the same car, but different coilovers, then that's more of a direct comparison.

zenkei3
02-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Yes a direct comparison would be much better, however the two chassis are very similar. I can see how if I were to say that the S13 is more bouncy then the weight difference would be the culprit. When comparing an S13 with SilkRoad and the S14 SilkRoad coilovers, the S13 will be a harder ride. With some logical thinking, an S13 is usually a rougher ride than the S14. This can tell you that if the S14 Megan coilovers ride rougher than the S13 Apexi, then my statement that the Apexi coilovers are a better coilover than the Megan.

In your analogy, its more like comparing green apples to red apples. :)

SoSideways
02-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes a direct comparison would be much better, however the two chassis are very similar. I can see how if I were to say that the S13 is more bouncy then the weight difference would be the culprit. When comparing an S13 with SilkRoad and the S14 SilkRoad coilovers, the S13 will be a harder ride. With some logical thinking, an S13 is usually a rougher ride than the S14. This can tell you that if the S14 Megan coilovers ride rougher than the S13 Apexi, then my statement that the Apexi coilovers are a better coilover than the Megan.

In your analogy, its more like comparing green apples to red apples. :)

Ah it's Ray!

Hey, it's Data! Sup man!

Yeah, I guess if you compare it like that, it's like green apples to red apples.

But I'd still like a red apples to red apples, or green apples to green apples comparison :wiggle:

xagna
02-05-2006, 04:52 PM
How does temperature affect dampening performance of a shock?

ThatGuy
02-05-2006, 04:57 PM
How does temperature affect dampening performance of a shock?

Oil viscosity breaks down at higher temps. Gases have a tendancy to change pressure levels depending on temperature as well. That should cover oil filled, and gas charged dampeners, and how temperature relates.

xagna
02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Oil viscosity breaks down at higher temps. Gases have a tendancy to change pressure levels depending on temperature as well. That should cover oil filled, and gas charged dampeners, and how temperature relates.

I asked that question because my MR coilovers don't feel lively lately. Particularly rebound is a lot slower than it used be in the summer, in all settings. Setting 32's rebound used to be pretty quick. Going over railroad crossings used to be pain but not any more.

"i got the mr's for the s14 for about 7 to 8 months now about 8 to 10k miles on them and they are holding great.. easy adjustablity on the height and spring load and its pretty stiff and takes corners great on 15 to 20 and arent that bad on daily driving at 32.. body roll has definitely decreased and with st sways, it feels like ur on rails when taking turns.."

My MR coilovers feels really sloppy at 1 setting. Body roll is a lot less but still there is. I had a friend to take a 90 degree corner at 25 mph around my block and I saw the chassis at the corner's outside dropping an inch. Haven't seen this much body roll on my friend's tein super drift.

Ian
02-05-2006, 05:52 PM
I think that people have mixed feelings on coilovers mainly due to lack of experience and differing suspension setups.

My Megans have been great to me so far. On my S14, w/ stock sway bars, I have VERY LITTLE body roll. Even in comparison to my friend's S13 w/ TANABE sway bars and SILK ROAD coilovers, I have less. I've rode in his car and he's rode in mine, neither of us have much to say about eachother's coilovers. They both feel pretty much the same to me. I personally feel that I have much to learn about coilovers still and lots of knowledge to gain, but I can't say that I hate my Megans. Especially for how much they cost.

glitched
10-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Ive just been searching and doing research, and found this old thread, and I though I would post this Email I found while doing said research:

From: [email protected] <[email protected]> Mailed-By: http://www.bcec.com.tw

To: [email protected]
Date: Oct 16, 2005 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: Coil-Over techinical Inquiry
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Trash this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?

Dear Mr. King;

Thank you for your interest in BC Racing I'll be glad to answer your questions. We've had numerous e-mails in regards to the Apexi N1 EVX kit and Megan Racing kit both the Apexi and Megan kit utilize the same design, features, and internals that we have on our personal line the VH model. Their have been some speculation that Apexi kit utilize a different type of internal system, I can assure you thats not true the Apexi kit utilizes the same monotube valving system as our VH line and as well as the Megan Racing, Buddy Club version. We can not disclose any nformation regarding the contract of each company as it goes against our privacy policy. Please refer to our website http://www.bcec.com.tw/function/function.html to get a better idea of how our kits are designed and functions. If there is any more questions please let us know and we'll be glad to help you.

BC-Racing Customer ServiceNo.
5,Lane 2,Sec 1,Zhong Xing Rd,Tali City,Taichung Hsien 412, Taiwan.
TEL:886-4-2496-5721

Siizzzoooo
10-04-2006, 08:12 PM
this was a testimonial by ME, since I have owned both, Apex'i ExV is far superior to the Megan.

case closed, go home

are you going to believe someone on the other side of the earth, or someone who has real world experience...

glitched
10-04-2006, 09:47 PM
well If that person is from the company that actually manufactures the coils for the different companies...

Even though BC's word is far more valuable than a vendors' word, I have also found that undergroundmotorsports.com claims they are also rebadged.

But this email confirms from the manufacturing company that they are practically identical.

Chrischeezer
10-05-2006, 04:36 AM
i have mr coilovers, a friend of mine has the n1 set, both s13's
-the MR coilovers are great for the price, their high quality and I would take them over the N1's
-the N1's rebound A LOT better and seem to respond to the dampener adjustments more.

i would get the MR because im not made of money. i have seen cheep coilovers and megan racing is far from cheep.
gota give it to megan racing.... its a good coilover, (but not better then apexi)

skylinekin
10-05-2006, 12:23 PM
this info is really helpful, just wondering, whats better for a person on a budget, K-Sport, or MR street, on a S13, ive got cusco comp-s right now, but the rears need a rebuild so looking for options.

Ian
10-05-2006, 12:39 PM
K-Sport is hot garbage

MR's are way better IMO

pogiewun
10-05-2006, 12:49 PM
very informative thread guys! thanks. i myself have a set of mr coilover sport dampers and i love em. i did want to get the apex n1 sport dampers originally. maybe in the future when im ballin ill get them. but the mr's will do for now.

Ian
10-05-2006, 01:19 PM
The Apexi's aren't that much more expensive really. If you're going to step up...Step up for a reason.

Stance coilovers are really nice for their price. Or if you wanna be a real baller, go for something high dollar like Zeal.

glitched
10-05-2006, 01:56 PM
from my research I have developed this opinion:

ksport and D2s are comparable (ksports 700 shipped is TOO cheap for me)
step up to MR and apexi exv are comparable
step up to KTS and stance are comparable
step up to silk roads

obviously there are more options out there and more research, and not to mention more opinions. I just formed this from researching peoples opinions and experiences. not by actually hands on. but I just bought my MR's this morning... along with front and rear tanabe upper strut bars.

IMPerfection
12-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Here's a thought.

What happens then?

EVERYTHING would be DAMPENED!!!!! SOPPING WET, EVEN?!!

MegasquirtCA
12-10-2006, 08:13 AM
I guess the point of this thread was none, a guy compares used coilovers to brand spanking new coilovers. Its called wear people especially something as used as suspension components are not gonna be the same when they were new. So the response from BC the manufacture of Apexi, Megan, etc coilover says their the same I would rather believe them, than the thread starter. Thank god humans are unreliable so is the information they dispose so no this thread brings nothing to the megan and apexi coilover argument.

I'm sure if the thread starter took 2 new apexi and megan coilovers he wouldn't know what to conclude other than I spent more on this so this obviously is gonna be the better choice.

articdragon192
12-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Seems to me he had his MRs since they were new.

markyboi
12-10-2006, 06:41 PM
yup...he said he had the mr new..look on top of the page.. i think

Siizzzoooo
12-20-2006, 05:03 PM
somehow he missed the part on when I bought the Megan coilovers that were on my black S14:ugh:

not sure how you can't find a better comparison from one owner who has had two DIFFERENT coilovers setups on two DIFFERENT S14s

did i mention that I have more than one s14?

:jerkit:

yusuke1923
12-28-2006, 11:16 PM
This thread is AWESOME! Thanks for the Start Siizzoooo!!

irax
12-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Ive just been searching and doing research, and found this old thread, and I though I would post this Email I found while doing said research:

From: [email protected] <[email protected]> Mailed-By: http://www.bcec.com.tw

To: [email protected]
Date: Oct 16, 2005 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: Coil-Over techinical Inquiry
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Trash this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?

Dear Mr. King;

Thank you for your interest in BC Racing I'll be glad to answer your questions. We've had numerous e-mails in regards to the Apexi N1 EVX kit and Megan Racing kit both the Apexi and Megan kit utilize the same design, features, and internals that we have on our personal line the VH model. Their have been some speculation that Apexi kit utilize a different type of internal system, I can assure you thats not true the Apexi kit utilizes the same monotube valving system as our VH line and as well as the Megan Racing, Buddy Club version. We can not disclose any nformation regarding the contract of each company as it goes against our privacy policy. Please refer to our website http://www.bcec.com.tw/function/function.html to get a better idea of how our kits are designed and functions. If there is any more questions please let us know and we'll be glad to help you.

BC-Racing Customer ServiceNo.
5,Lane 2,Sec 1,Zhong Xing Rd,Tali City,Taichung Hsien 412, Taiwan.
TEL:886-4-2496-5721

This is very vauge. All cars utilize the same design, does not mean they are the same. If you have ever dealt with these forign manufactures on product quality and specs. you know that each 'brand' has spicifics. And for him to say that 'they all use the same system' means, they know this email might be published where it will harm them. Because Megan pays the company to make coilovers just like the Apex-i ones, but once Apex-i finds out that their coilover design are being rebadged it would cause truble. So the company makes each one slightly different so that all contracts are held up and no one gets hurt. The quality is all the same but the actual specs are different. In a way it's all the same ,as in you get the same major features like dual ride hight adjustability, etc etc.. Support a company that makes you feel more confidant driving their product and helps you sleep at night.

Ruby240
12-29-2006, 01:17 AM
I guess the point of this thread was none, a guy compares used coilovers to brand spanking new coilovers. Its called wear people especially something as used as suspension components are not gonna be the same when they were new. So the response from BC the manufacture of Apexi, Megan, etc coilover says their the same I would rather believe them, than the thread starter. Thank god humans are unreliable so is the information they dispose so no this thread brings nothing to the megan and apexi coilover argument.

I'm sure if the thread starter took 2 new apexi and megan coilovers he wouldn't know what to conclude other than I spent more on this so this obviously is gonna be the better choice.

Sizzo has been around these cars longer than you proably have been out of diapers. Really and truly, if you would have read his posts in their entirity you would see that it is HIS comparision of the two different CO's. You can either take the opinion he stated or take the opinion of the guy who can't even write the english language, and then throughly shut the fuck up.

You would also note that he never said the MR's were bad.

SoSideways
12-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Siizzzoooo bought both the Megan coilovers and the Apex'i ones brand new. So the ride comparison were between brand new coilovers from either company. He said so himself.

lazierhobo
12-29-2006, 01:32 PM
have you guys had any experience with any of the HKS coilovers? especially the dampener? just wondering how they might compare with the Apex'i stuff

MuayThaiBoi
12-29-2006, 02:14 PM
for one thing..the exv comes outta the same factory as megan. "taiwan" thats why the exv is the cheapest line of apexi coilovers. megan dont even have any race cars. only thing they have are drift cars. im not on hear to bash on megan but everyone has their coilovers they like and i hate the megans.

CoasTek240
03-29-2007, 07:38 AM
im going with either stance or KTS....i can get the KTS for just under 1100 shipped and same with the Stance. im not sure which one has the one up but i think im going with KTS bc they have been around longer and offer rebuilds...

umsports
03-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Okay Guys, I will pipe in.

They are the SAME coilovers. Bor-Chuann (Taiwan) produces the same coilovers for both Apexi and Megan.

There is NO difference, besides different stickers being slapped on at their factory.

I think the difference was psychological, but nothing more.

I dont understand why people can't accept the fact that a factory produces parts for other manufacturers.

I will take it one step further, and tell you that Bor-Chuann produces coilovers for more Japanese companies than just Apexi. (Food for thought.)

They are considered to be the top quality coilover manufacturer in Taiwan. (Although I have another company I think ranks equally.)

The valving is different on the Megan Track models, but Bor-Chuann has recommended them for race use only, as they are ultra stiff.

Just a few weeks ago, I had a customer ask to return his track models, as he said they were killing his back driving around the pot hole infested Tennessee roads. He went to the streets, and is ultra happy now.

Gotta run, but good to see you on here Sizzoo.

umsports
03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Now that I think about it, I tell you what.....I also carry the MUCH DIFFERENT AND BETTER (wink, wink) Apexi coilovers as well, and I'll deposit the extra $230 in my bank account.

I could use some new upgrades on my RB26 240SX.

cnile51
03-29-2007, 09:38 AM
megan racing= ss autochrome= obx= xs power= all the same company.....

you get what you pay for....

-Nas

umsports
03-29-2007, 10:02 AM
megan racing= ss autochrome= obx= xs power= all the same company.....

you get what you pay for....

-Nas

Unfortunately that is not true.

The metal company that produces for Megan does not produce for any of the other companies you listed.

I know the marketing manager quite well of the factory in China, and SHE may be doing some special order Skyline GTR Parts for us on the side.

sbanzer123
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
so if you want to get rid of your old megans pm me. ill take them off your hands.

umsports
03-29-2007, 10:18 AM
so if you want to get rid of your old megans pm me. ill take them off your hands.

Sell to him, and order the Apexi from me..:bigok:

DP_Michelle G
03-29-2007, 10:49 AM
yep the megans, apexi and so on are made bc racing. bc just released there new model witch are way better then then apexi's

Mangudai
04-06-2007, 07:12 PM
thing is, S14 chasis is probably stiffer than the S13 chasis, so comparing coilovers on 2 different chasis is kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

Really? I thought the S13 chassis was stiffer.

ZenkiCam
06-22-2007, 10:27 PM
eh..... on the site that was posted earlier in the thread, i rechecked and.... they are saying that the MR track series and street series are discontinued... anyone have any input on this, i mean if there discontinued screw em.... i dont want to have probs and not be able to fix them or something but you know how that goes

heres the site...

http://www.intensepower.com/suspension14.html

Lordrandall
06-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Really? I thought the S13 chassis was stiffer.

No it is not.

DP_Michelle G
06-23-2007, 10:38 AM
eh..... on the site that was posted earlier in the thread, i rechecked and.... they are saying that the MR track series and street series are discontinued... anyone have any input on this, i mean if there discontinued screw em.... i dont want to have probs and not be able to fix them or something but you know how that goes

heres the site...

http://www.intensepower.com/suspension14.html

Yea I was told the samething I think the reason is because the company that makes them for megan discontinued the model they use. And has now switched to a new design which i think is way better for the price you pay.

check my other post in this thread or read my review on the design

JDS Performance
06-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I ran the Megan streets on my Zenki - for the price awsome deal!
For DD and on the softest setting a bit to harsh for me - for a coilover I think the softest setting should feel like stock and hardest be for hardcore race setup.

I have heard that Stance coilovers are just like this - never tested them myself - but they will be on my list for future upgrades.
Soft setting - like stock
hard setting - race ready

But I paid $600 for my Megans - so you cant beat that with a stick!
I sold them though - and now running AGX/H&R sports
Which is best for someone like me. As I dont do any form of racing - just DDing it here!

floodo1
06-23-2007, 11:08 AM
UM, are you sure that they are the same valving and merely a differnet sticker?

I think everyone here is forgetting that the same exact shock with different valving will handle differently. I mean this is why you can take say your Koni yellows and have them revalved, and then have a different feel.

so just because MR and Apexi have the exact same physical design (internals) doesnt mean that they will perform the same.

my guess is that UM gets a better margin on MR and wants to push them for that reason :) or maybe not