PDA

View Full Version : It's just not good.

Dorifto89
01-31-2006, 04:48 PM
*I've searched my little ass off and have found nothing.*

Recently I just installed a Greddy FMIC kit on the redtop. However after doing so, there have been a host of odd noises from the engine that have me a bit concerned. (Modifications to engine include-FMIC, Type-RS BOV kit, new airfilter, dp-exhaust.)

1) There seems to be a squeal going into higher rpms(4500-redline). We've isolated it to the two rubber pipes coming off the hotside of the intercooler or the turbo to manifold gasket. This sound has been worrying me for about a month now. Any other ideas?

2) At about 4000 rpms, holding it constant there is a higher than engine pitch EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH sound. It sounds somewhat like something is loose but it's coming from the middle of everything. I've never heard this noise before.

Please guys I really need help. I'm in fear for my motor and it's been giving me a shitload of stress. It seems that nobody else knows anything(nissan) so I figure why not risk it here. If there are any SR gurus who want to take a ride with me, fuck it doesn't matter to me we can go get dinner or something and figure out whats wrong.

Dorifto89
02-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I need some fucking help, please. I have no idea what I can or should do. I'm not educated in engines enough to diagnose whatever is happening so there isn't much I can do myself. The garage I used to work at told me to go to a "high performance shop". I've called Autornd before and if they can't figure out a vlsd problem I had I doubt they have the time to figure out whats wrong with my car. Other than that I don't know of any damn high performance shops in the Bay Area.

If anyone has any suggestions at all besides to "go search" then please, I need some assistance.

trsilvias13
02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
new bov? might be loose maybe? also my friend had this problem on his dsm like this.. all he did was take off his intercooler and reinstalled it.. problem sort of went away. Then we found it it was this turbo elbow (from turbo to hotpipe) now. then we just fix the whole problem by upgrading turbo, new piping, fmic, and so forth.

Irukandji
02-02-2006, 06:24 PM
im guessing the gaskets from the manifold to the turbo and turbo elblow. If those aren't it, atleast you'd be preventing it from happening in the future by replacing it now.

Pepperoni
02-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Does it sound anything like this?
http://www.arachnetdesigns.com/boostleak.wmv

If so, it's probably your turbo gaskets

-Aure

Oh and where in norcal are you?

Irukandji
02-02-2006, 09:02 PM
^ He's in Orinda-Lafayette Area.

Dorifto89
02-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Does it sound anything like this?
http://www.arachnetdesigns.com/boostleak.wmv

If so, it's probably your turbo gaskets

-Aure

Oh and where in norcal are you?

No, nothing much like that, but thank's so much for trying. It's kind of a "you have to hear it" sort of deal. That's why I'm calling on and and al SR gurus to help out. We can make a :w00t: out of it.

estrada42
02-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I keep telling you to come by after work. Actually, when you came by today, I was sitting in my car at lunch. You know the shops hours, so swing by. Maybe an extra set of ears will help you come up with a better description.

Dorifto89
02-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah sorry Ed I actually fell asleep at my house after I came down that one time. I might come down tomorrow and then ask Jeff if I can work again because I really wanna make fun of Brians friend.

estrada42
02-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Thats all right. Maybe I can take a look at it the next time I'm over at your place. You know. Doing your mom.

BigVinnie
02-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a couple of problems...... I would of stopped by, but I am about to go to Anthony's house in an hour and help him with his car. I would stop by but it is Super Bowl sunday, I might find sometime this week to help trouble shoot....... It's way to hard to fix problems on the internet.....

Dorifto89
02-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah for sure. Ben and another 240 guy are coming to my house today at about 130-2 (yeah super bowl sunday) to install a 2 way. I asked ben to call nemo as well to see if he would want to check out my car problems. Feel free to drop by. My garage will be open so we can go in and out to check out the game and I think we'll bbq a bit in my driveway or deck I don't know.

slider2828
02-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Well if you still haven't figured that out, I pass by Orinda on my way to my remote work site on Thursday. Lemme know!. Just pm me.