PDA

View Full Version : Help fouling spark plug 2 only

victor corpus
01-28-2006, 12:01 PM
I drove my 89 240sx to work and was running fine and then when I got off work when I started my car it was running rough.I smelled the fumes that it was running rich so I said maybe something got wet so I drove it home for 50 miles and it still runned the same.
So I stopped and got some neww plugs and when I replace it number 2 was wet(gas).I test drove it again and it was running the same.Since I had a spare engine I replace all the spark plug wires and it still the same.Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

aznpoopy
01-28-2006, 12:06 PM
bad #2 injector or bad #2 injector inner o-ring

dumps extra fuel into cylinder #2

your spark plug gets carbon fouled (all black) relatively quickly.

victor corpus
01-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks I will try To get the injector from my spare.Sorry if I sound stupid but I would imagine the inner o-ring is together w/ the injectors?

aznpoopy
01-28-2006, 12:18 PM
its just a rubber ring that sits on the injector. there are two... inner and outer. outer keeps fuel from leaking onto you engine. inner keeps fuel from leaking into your engine. you can get a o-ring repair kit from your local pepboys/autozone/kragen etc. each kit will have a set of o-rings for one injector.

after you've pulled the injector, you basically cut the old ones off and carefully slip the new ones on. it's as simple as that.

when you are re-installing the injector into the fuel rail... be careful. they are very sensitive to improper installation. lube the o-rings with alot of motor oil and press it in firmly but gently with your hand only. twist it in a circular motion as you press down on it. you should feel it 'snap' into place.

since you have some spare injectors (you sure they work, right?), i would buy an o-ring kit, put the o-rings on a spare injector and install the spare. that way you eliminate the possibility of bad injector and bad o-ring all at once.

victor corpus
01-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Double thanks!

aznpoopy
01-28-2006, 02:04 PM
no problem... good luck and let us know how it goes.

victor corpus
01-30-2006, 07:56 AM
I did what you ask me to do and it work!I was about to dump my old engine now maybe I should hold on it for a while.Once again thank you very much for your help.