PDA

View Full Version : Idle help

Aldus
01-27-2006, 08:26 PM
I have a 93se that I am currently working on to drop the dohc engine in my 90 fastback. At first the car would not rev over 2.5k and would idle around 1-1.1k. So I figure ok easy enough, and get a new maf.

So I install the new maf today and now the car dies if I dont give it gas. The car will rev over 2.5k with ease and the maf came off of a working car, so I dont think thats the problem. Sounds like a vacuum leak but Ive looked everywhere I can think off and cant find the leak (if there is one).

So what else could be causing my car to die ?

punxva
01-27-2006, 08:43 PM
well, there could be a number of things, the plug to the maf might be loose, vacuum leaks, did you spray a mixture of soap and water and see if anything bubbled? Check your TPS. BTW did you unplugg the battery for about 15 mins and let the ECU reset itself, if not that probably is your problem. BTW this has been covered about a million times, not to be an asshole, if none of these is the problem, ill think of some more common 240 idle issue causers. Cause theres alot lol, 240s were made to idle like shit from the factory... :rolleyes:

Aldus
01-27-2006, 08:51 PM
well, there could be a number of things, the plug to the maf might be loose, vacuum leaks, did you spray a mixture of soap and water and see if anything bubbled? Check your TPS. BTW did you unplugg the battery for about 15 mins and let the ECU reset itself, if not that probably is your problem. BTW this has been covered about a million times, not to be an asshole, if none of these is the problem, ill think of some more common 240 idle issue causers. Cause theres alot lol, 240s were made to idle like shit from the factory... :rolleyes:

I didnt unplug the battery. I hate my life. Going to try that now.

punxva
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
lol, hope thats it, usually when you mess with the maf, you should always unplug the battery. I know it sounds dumb, but thats usually everyones mistake when then first start working on cars, i make a habit of unplugging my battery almost everytime i work on my car.

Aldus
01-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Well, I didnt think it would be that easy. Same problem. Ill do the other suggestions tomorrow morning. Thanks.