PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust help?

SnakeKack
01-25-2006, 10:14 PM
I recently got my air intake and now I am looking into exhaust.

I was thinking apexi but I heard they are loud. I don't really want loud I want to keep it quiet(not stock quiet but you know what I mean), but when I gun it I want it to sound good (like my intake which you can't really hear at idle or low rpms until I gun it and some people ask me if its a V-8 after they hear it, which I think is wierd.).

I had an idea to cut the exhaust from behind the cat and repipe it to get rid of the smaller muffler, and end it with a Flowmaster muffler to have my own custom Flowmaster exhaust. I just don't know how it would sound. What do you guys think?

I absolutley don't want the fart can noise (which I know is kinda hard to prevent with a 4 cylinder). So does anyone know of any exhaust sytems or mufflers that might suit me, or I may be interested in? Thanks :)

g6civcx
01-25-2006, 10:27 PM
RS-R ExMag fits the bill. Not too loud and has a quiet rumble at idle, yet is throaty when under throttle.

Be warned though. This is a very popular piece for reasons stated above and may be on back order.

Tenchuu
01-25-2006, 10:31 PM
I have the GT II and with the silencer it is quiet (veary quite with 2 cats in , fairly quiet fith the downppipe cat only, and sounds like the world is ending with no cats and the silencer out.) I like it.

P4rD0nM3
01-26-2006, 07:05 AM
I have a RS*R GT II. NO Silencer...NO Cats...makes my car sound angry everyday.

NSDCA
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
i have a custom exhaust. 3inch piping with a magnaflow w/ dual 3in tips. it sounds really deep, not annoying like hondas.

oh yeah. its also for sale. check the sale forum. or send me a message if youre intrested.

NemeGuero
01-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Custom exhaust.. 3" resonator, high-flow catco cat, N1 muffler.. sounds sexy to me.

180InProgress
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
3" Motoria exhaust I got from SSautochrome on Ebay. I paid $225.00 shipped to my door. It's got a low rumble at idle, no fart can sound, On open throttle it sounds like a v8, light weight stainless steel, quality welds, angled out a bit and pretty straight. Plus my fave part, it's made in South Korea... representing my moms side of the family :bigok:
The only prob, the exhaust mounts right up against the tow hook.... get a cheap tubing bender, heat it up with a torch/heat gun and slowly bend the exhuast hook(it's hollow) until it hangs down from the tow hook... but this could be just my prob since I have Nismo rubber exhaust mounts.
Then, happy driving

2-4-0
01-27-2006, 12:31 AM
I got APEXI' GT Spec Catback 3.74", No Cat just the resonator on the exhaust.

Its really loud so keep that outta your options