09-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Stockbridge, GA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
| | Clipping Point RD.6 "Fight for the Title"
Clipping Point RD.6 "Fight for the Title"
Time/Date: Sunday, November 20 · 8:00am - 6:00pm
Location: Watermelon Capitol Speedway, Cordele, GA. Ext. 104 on I-75 south Farmers Market Rd.
Created By: Jose Lopez-Cruz, Uriah Cox, Clipping Point
More InfoClipping Point is bringing you thier last event of the year. Cliiping Point's Round 6 " Fight for the Title" will be held November 20th. For this last event we will be bringing you a Competition event. Clipping Point has been holding Practice events since May, and now its time to see who stands where at Watermelon Capitol Speedway. Watermelon Capitol Speedway is located in Cordele GA on ext.104 off I-75 South less than a quater ...mile to the right, Farmers Market Rd. Make sure to sign up as soon as you can, the Competition cap is 12 TANDEM drivers. Although this is a comprtition event we WILL still have single runs as practice (this means if you just want to come out and have single runs you can this also inculdes Tandem runners). All other drivers just need a Helmet and Approved Tech Inspection.
We want to make it a partial swap meet. If you have parts and want to set up and sale your new and used parts in a designated area where they will be seen by many then we are selling spots and you can set up your table for $30.
*** - Comp. Drivers - ***
- Comp. drivers do not need a cage, or fire suit just regular approved helmet.
- Practice session with other comp. drivers in the morning, 2 qualifing runs after.
- Rules for Comp. will be as similar as Formula Drift rules as we can get.
$45 ***(this is comprtition AND single runs)***
$55***(Prices go up after November 6th. After 10am on November 20th pices go up to $65 per driver so please pre-register to get a great deal )***
Payments can be made to paypal.
- firstname.lastname@example.org -
Or you can set a time and date to meet us.
If you have any questions feel free to ask:
Uriah Cox: (404)-781-7002
Jose Lopez: (478)-230-2378
7:00am- Staff arrival
8:00am- Gates open to public
9:30am- Drivers meet
10:00-10:30am- Practice session
(This is Practice Sessions for Comp. Drivers. Single runners will run with this group)
1:00pm- End of practice session
2:00pm- Start of Comp.
4:00-5:00pm- Paid drivers run
6:00pm- Gates close
Tech Inspection! Please read carefully.
1) Battery securely mounted (This means no zip ties, bungee cords or ratcheting tie downs. Any auto parts store has the cross bar and 'J' bolts necessary to mount a battery for a minimal price.)
2) Positive battery cable end covered (Again, parts stores sell these. They are cheap insurance against burning your car to the ground due to a shorted battery)
3) All lug nuts and studs present
4) No major fluid leaks (Slight fluid residue is acceptable)
5) We do NOT require the use of aftermarket 4, 5, or 6 point restraints, the factory-designed seat belts are perfectly acceptable at this level of racing. Beginning this event, we will be advising you if your harness configuration is acceptable. For future events, if you choose to use harnesses, they must be mounted in a safe manner. Shoulder belts must be either mounted to or pass over a harness bar/roll cage. All anchor points must be reinforced, using the factory bolt holes for the original seat belts is acceptable. No harnesses will be mounted on rear strut bars/seat pillar bars.
Non-conforming harnesses must be removed from the vehicle to pass tech.
Again, this rule will NOT be implemented for RD 5, but we will begin to enforce it in all future rounds.
6) All entries are subject to the tech inspector's discretion. If he/she feels that a vehicle is unsafe to enter the event despite having passed the above checks, you will not be allowed to race until the item(s) in question are corrected.