Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:15 AM   #1
Kviper52
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kviper52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Stock>”Drift”>Show(My S14 Progression)

Hello Zilvia, I finally feel like the car is coming together to where it can warrant a build thread. Ive had numerous S-Chassis’ but this is the one I’ve kept and loved the most. I’ve had this Zenki (Selena) for 4+ years but haven’t driven it but 3 months in that entire time. So I’m still sorting through pictures and want to tell the story behind each step so bear with me, my first real build/thread.

First brought it home back in 2014 super stock (minus rice exhaust and painted taillights),factory five speed, ln1 concord grey SE.

Took it to a drift event 3 days later (was just helping) but tried to make a few runs, didn’t go well. So I went got some markers and made sure everyone knew that it was the stockness and open diff that is making me suck lmao. I let a local drive it and we managed to get this decent pic

Next phase during my next work break haha. Boring start I know but wait for itttt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars and Their story:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=657376
Kviper52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
Future240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Approved for now. will monitor to see if it meets criteria
My food, mead, beer, liqour and wine blog
http://eatdrinkmanwife.blogspot.com/
Stop by read and article and comment.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
Kviper52
Premium Member

Ok, took an early lunch so I could post more haha

That night after the drift event I met a bunch of guys who convinced me to let them weld my diff that night. Was a good time meeting folks I’ve known and hung out with to this day.

Then I started getting random parts, got rear coils which made me rake but I rocked f for a while,

Got front coils, side skirts, accord rear lip

Got a real Kouki wing a jdm silvia grille and badges to go with the skirts and a greddy front lip to tie it all together

Then got a grip royal wheels and qr set up

So just some boring basic stuff. Then I decided after no track or drifting really, I would NEED an SR to drift and that my perfectly healthy sub 150k KA and 5 speed wouldn’t cut it. I had (still only barely) no idea what I was doing. But I traded a 1967 C10 that I got for a song for the full swap fresh from a type x in Japan.

At some point I decided to throw some headlight wrap on it for kicks and giggles while it was still mid swap

I also bought a Carbon fiber fixed back seat, a Cusco bolt in full cage and crow racing purple 5 pt harness. I still had the intention of drifting this thing at that point

After my attempt to install and wire the engine, I got it to start and sound like it was running on a few cylinders. So I sent it to a semi local shop who put a fuel pump and did some wiring and gave it back saying that’s all it needed.
Pic from getting it back and in battles I picked up

It would run ok, and then one day I took it out to run it after a couple weeks, and it wouldn’t start. Put gas in it, tried roll,battery all the things I knew to do. starting nothing. So I was pretty defeated and I let the car sit for a year and a half.

Gonna make another comment to add to the saga with more pics

My Cars and Their story:

Last edited by Kviper52; 05-01-2018 at 09:34 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
Kviper52
Premium Member

So it sat in the garage waiting for stuff to happen, and I ended up moving so I moved the car to my parents house to store it. I decided before it goes there, it should detour and go by another shop to see what’s up. I went crazy with stickers and switched to z33 anniversary wheels also somewhere in the mix. Stickers prolly cuz of boredom with the car and only thing to do with it lol

Got it back from this shop, with the fix being a different fuel pump and battery, got a battery box welded in and an optima and a new aeromotive fuel pump as well as tucking my fender harness. And I drove it home. Thought everything was great except I noticed that the temp would rise to way over hot pretty quickly and stay there. Buddies and I tried and tried to bleed the system, I threw on an oem t-stat, water pump, everything. It freaked me out and I didn’t know what I was doing wrong so I parked it to avoid any injury for another 1.5years look at all that dust haha

So I started buying random parts starting with Weds Kranze LXZs

^car hadn’t moved in a year in that pic.

Very rare: JDM OEM s14 Silvia 3rd brake light

Very rare: oem optional s14 rear shade, quarter window louvers, illuminated door sills, interior lighting, and an authentic illuminated plate from Japan.

It was at this point I was like “this car doesn’t even run, and now I have all these nice parts for it,” along with knowing concord grey is a rare color I didn’t want to wreck this thing so plans started slowly changing from it being a “drift” car to maybe a collection of rare parts and make it into a functional show car of sorts.

Lunch break is over, next chapter when I take 15 later.

My Cars and Their story:

Last edited by Kviper52; 05-01-2018 at 07:24 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
afishysilvia
V-H8

Trader Rating: (16)
afishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
All these hot boi parts making my pants grow
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #6
Kviper52
Premium Member

Still sitting at my parents house, I got a better job and bought a house in Florida (wife works there), and worked full time in SC, so I didn't get to see the car much. BUTTT I got a taste for ARC parts and my mission turned to start hunting them down.

ARC Cooling panel, radiator cap, oil cap, coil pack cover, induction box, and shift knob

Picked up some blue lens ganadors

And this nissan purple emergency flashing lamp. Rare and I thought would be super cool with the purple car haha

Sorry Zilvia and mods, I’m at the office posting so can only do it short bursts, due to time. More coming next break I take.

My Cars and Their story:
Old 04-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
Future240
Super Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
That purple light is a part I've never seen.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
EFITTZY
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude you have a ton of super cool jdm tyte pieces. Def in for updates
Old 04-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #9
afishysilvia
V-H8

afishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud ofafishysilvia has much to be proud of
Im waiting for the dildo shift knob to appear
Old 04-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #10
Kviper52
Premium Member

Just got home from work let’s see if I can complete my progress up to now on this post. So I was collecting all these parts and the ARC coil pack cover is for a notchtop but I have a blacktop. So I did what any reasonable person would do and decided t was time for a hybrid valve cover. So I sent it to Royalty Performance in Atlanta

This is them picking it up, it looked like a barn find lmao

While it was over there I picked up a set of euro glass lenses from someone on here I forgot. (Got the ganadors and arc box from dynastyofmalice, and the coilpack cover from Bernie, and the cooking panel from alanroz on here)

Royalty did the hybrid valve cover fixed the cooling issue and I got a steal on a full aem gauge set up including a wideband failsafe/ boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, and water temp gauge. First was fabbed up straight then after I asked about it he was able to make the bezels face the driver, super cool.

Bezels facing me!

My hybrid valve cover

Jk here it is for real

Powder coated

They also fixed wiring issues that the first shop that had it had done, was grounded wrong almost burnt the car down.

And they also hooked me up with a stellar deal on a set of powder coated z32 brakes all around with working ebrake with new z1 rotors and performance pads.

My Cars and Their story:

Last edited by Kviper52; 05-01-2018 at 07:24 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 03:20 PM   #11
afishysilvia
V-H8

You got lenses from me? Are you sure? I dont ever recall selling you anything...
Old 04-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #12
Kviper52
Premium Member

Stock>”Drift”>Show(My S14 Progression)

I picked up a red dual cam slicktop manual window coupe, factory 5 speed for a pretty decent deal and thissssss is now the intended drift car. Got it with eBay coils and rep wheels on it, I traded a supercharged Previa I had for cash, 2 sets of wheels and a set of good tires for my LXZs. The wheels that I got are 3 pc, 17 in ssr Linea club sport vip, gonna throw em on the coupe.

And immediately scored a welded diff so I slapped it in

Wheeeelllsssss

Alright back on topic

The guys at Royalty did an AMAZING job and I got the car back a week ago, had to work in Columbia Sc so didn’t get to do much or enjoy it till this past weekend when I got to drive it and play out in the street.

Here are some pics from when I got it back with some buddies:

There was a meet on Sunday at the varsity in Atlanta. There used to be hugeee meets there 5-6 years ago till it all got shut down... so I wanted to attend the rebirth in the car I haven’t driven on the highway in almost 4 years. So a buddy of mine came over and we slapped all the ARC parts we could on, and the ganadors. But first the second ever car wash she had lol.

Also washed my “tow rig”

It too was neglected while the zenki was down

Got the everything on cept the oem jdm optional parts, the purple light, headlight lenses, and the ARC arc airbox. The airbox won’t fit without modification to my intercooler piping or box itself any input is welcomed on that front.

The car felt great and pulled hard all the way downtown to the meet. Met up with some friends there and rolled out with some locals I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time.

I think we are all caught up. The car is going to body work, then paint. And in 2 weeks I’ll be back home to start putting in all the other stuff and figuring out wiring for the light up stuff. The next stage is gonna be killer, feel free to comment, critique, whatever. y’all

My Cars and Their story:

Last edited by Kviper52; 05-01-2018 at 06:59 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 05:31 PM   #13
Kviper52
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
You got lenses from me? Are you sure? I dont ever recall selling you anything...

Did you used to live in the st Pete area in Florida? I swear I bought these from someone with the same or eerily similar zilvia handle

My Cars and Their story:
Old 04-30-2018, 07:42 PM   #14
afishysilvia
V-H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kviper52 View Post
Did you used to live in the st Pete area in Florida? I swear I bought these from someone with the same or eerily similar zilvia handle

No sir, California native my whole life. Either way nice build, you def have been busy getting those rare parts. I see you
Old 05-01-2018, 06:56 AM   #15
Kviper52
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
No sir, California native my whole life. Either way nice build, you def have been busy getting those rare parts. I see you
My bad, someone has a really similar username then lol, sorry.. editing now. But thanks!

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #16
Kviper52
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
That purple light is a part I've never seen.
I saw it on a rare parts thread on fb and ever since was dying to have it, one came up on ebay of all places and i got lucky enough to buy it.

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-01-2018, 08:04 AM   #17
tuzzio
Premium Member

tuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud oftuzzio has much to be proud of
how are you going to have so many cool tasteful parts and those awful headlight and marker light overlays? Get that ricer-vaping bullshit outta here
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #18
Kviper52
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
how are you going to have so many cool tasteful parts and those awful headlight and marker light overlays? Get that ricer-vaping bullshit outta here
I have the euro glass lenses, so the next stage will be clean glass headlights, pull the clean glass from my shell and preserve my stickered glass as wall art. body and paint it concord grey with the grey "aero," slap the Weds on and figure out wiring to the lighting to the OEM stuff, and install a single din and wire up some speakers. Got some things left to do, but thought it was cool as it sits for a build thread haha. I 100% agree with you though, I was 21 lmao

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-01-2018, 09:58 AM   #19
Future240
Super Moderator

That meet seems legit. I need to stop slacking and get this spare KA I have in my S14.