Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
nissan240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
nissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
any good place to take a girl out to eat in LBC area for v-day

i want to take my girl out to eat for v-day but i really dont know any good restaurant out there. im not from LB either, so i am kinda bummed! any good ideas to help me out? i may consider oc area too.
nissan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 02:56 AM   #2
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
what's your budget? Are you looking for something like fine dining, or any good restaurant?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #3
nissan240
Zilvia Addict

nissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to all
both fine dining and good restaurant. i really have no budget as long its not 100 dollars for desert. i am willing to spend up to about $250-350ish
Old 02-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #4
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
well, theres tons of fine dining in LBC..

I recommend Skyroom in Long Beach... hella romantic The Sky Room - Long Beach, California

or for a real nice 5+ course meal, theres Delius on cherry ave.

but good luck finding reservations ANYWHERE... its already wednesday
Old 02-10-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I don't think it's such a great idea to splurge on anything expensive on Valentine's
(or almost any other holiday event).
Good restaurants usually make stuff in bulk & don't do their best that day.
service isn't that great as restaurants are super-crowded.

Just hit the local Sizzler & call it a night imo.
Take the girl out at a nicer spot another day.

Honestly I've yet to have a good meal in Long Beach.
There's actually a lot of decent Japanese places in close-by Torrance.
If you like Izakayas, Musha is fairly solid.
The concept is also more refreshing than some generic corny candle-light dinner.

Musha
Neighborhood: Torrance
1725 W Carson St
Ste B
Torrance, CA 90501
(310) 787-7344
http://www.yelp.com/biz/musha-restaurant-torrance
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
in long beach...my favorite place to eat is believe it or not at yard house...however...if you are going to impress....there is only one place in OC.

ORANGE HILL

2 people should cost around 130 ish. (could already be booked...better start calling!)

fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
widebodyseven
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
widebodyseven is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^^^
That looks like a nice place
widebodyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
my wife and I look for nice places to eat.....orange hill "looks" amazing...the drive there is beautiful....free valet.....very nice resteraunt...if you pay more than that for a meal...you are getting ripped for sure. If you want quiet romantic....I eat at a italian place in orange called

RENATA'S.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Twinchy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Twinchy is making a name for him/her selfTwinchy is making a name for him/her selfTwinchy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Twinchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
in long beach...my favorite place to eat is believe it or not at yard house...however...if you are going to impress....there is only one place in OC.

ORANGE HILL

2 people should cost around 130 ish. (could already be booked...better start calling!)

i went to orange hill last year.. not for vday though.. very nice spot. food was bomb too.
Twinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
The section titled REGIONAL is there for a reason
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
nissan240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
well, theres tons of fine dining in LBC..

I recommend Skyroom in Long Beach... hella romantic The Sky Room - Long Beach, California

or for a real nice 5+ course meal, theres Delius on cherry ave.

but good luck finding reservations ANYWHERE... its already wednesday

the sky room looks awesome. i'll have to try that one out! thanks adrians_s13
Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
mcdonalds....jk keep it simple, chilis or something

Quote:

ORANGE HILL

thank you, this place is fuckin legit

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
nissan240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

ORANGE HILL

this place looks great. but my gf dont eat seafood, an not really into steak. and they have only 1 to zero variety of salads, pasta, game meat(lamb, elk, etc) or asian type dishes
Old 02-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
regional section
Old 02-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #15
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

I dont eat seafood...but I love steak, and I can honestly tell you...their crab cakes are amazing...and I hate fucking crab cakes lol....sounds like you should be doing a benihana thing! lol....they have chicken.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #16
The Island
Zilvia Junkie

The Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant futureThe Island has a brilliant future
i went to orange hill last year with my girl for VDay and took my GS dumped on 19s. i didn't have a choice but to valet my car...the dude scraped my bumper BAD -_-. the food was "aight" and the portions were small, but you don't really go to orange hill for the food, you go for the view. the view was legit.
The Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
1five10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Check out Sir Winston's on the Queen Mary....Strolling on the deck after dinner would guarantee you some booty.....lol
Old 02-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #18
marcencar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
marcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to marcencar
Quote:

ORANGE HILL

^

Love this place!

But like someone else mentioned, finding a place now is going to be tough.

Last year I went to Sevilla in LB with reservations set on the day of valentines day. Its a Spanish restaurant that had flamenco dancing.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #19
wylin
Zilvia Addict

wylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud of
wingstop or cafe bixby neither will be crowded
Old 02-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #20
dpak
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dpak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
mcdonalds....jk keep it simple, chilis or something
do it! mcdonalds!
but take utensils, cloth napkins, wine glasses, and a table cloth!! XD
unless she's super high maintenance.. :/

coupe <3
dpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #21
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I took fckillerbee's wife to that restaurant first. Just for the record. He stayed home and took care of my kids, I mean his kids.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #22
nissan240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1five10 View Post
Check out Sir Winston's on the Queen Mary....Strolling on the deck after dinner would guarantee you some booty.....lol
i dont really care about the "BOOTY" i know i am goona get booty already .... we've been dating since the ice age! just want to try something new and romantic is all.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #23
cali_love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
cali_love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Green Field Churrascaria Long Beach

brazilian foods
Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
GluedMyNuts
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
GluedMyNuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Olive Garden for all you can eat pasta!
GluedMyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #25
Silvette
Zilvia Member

Silvette is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with the Sky Room in LBC, real nice place to take the GF
Silvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #26
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Alondra hot wings.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #27
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
i am willing to spend up to about $250-350ish
jesus for that much you could get some jewelry or something
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote