Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
Bagdeez
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Bagdeez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 Silvia front headlight wire up?? Need help first time

So i finally bought my first Silvia front end with dual projectors. I'm looking to sell them and buy a nice set of bricks. I have an 1989 240sx coupe that I'm swapping it on to. My question is do my factory light sockets and harness plug right in?? Do I have to buy a different wiring harness?? I like to be as clean and oem as possible. But I want done right. There's a gentleman selling a harness for aprohevtors that he's willing to sell and I'm curious do I buy it and will they work with the bricks to or do my factory wiring and sockets all fit in place and work properly?? Any help would be much appreciated I just want to know what I've got to do before tearing the front end on and being clueless. I could figure it out I just want it done right! Thank you for any hrlp
Bagdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #2
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Plug and play

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:47 AM   #3
Bagdeez
Leaky Injector

my factory sockets and harness works for the silvia front end?? thank you for the help and giuding me in the right direction.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:01 AM   #4
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
3 prong square plug goes straight into the harness end that plugged into the stock sealed beams.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #5
Bagdeez
Leaky Injector

So make sure the bricks I buy have the 3 prong square plug in the socket already??
Old 04-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagdeez View Post
So make sure the bricks I buy have the 3 prong square plug in the socket already??
that most likely WONT happen. ive only ever seen a handful of bricks with the OE pigtail harness. you will probably have to make a conversion harness for them to work properly.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:03 AM   #7
Bagdeez
Leaky Injector

can you buy a harness?? theres a guy with a harness in the items for sale section and he has a harness for the projectors he had wired up. he just wasnt sure if the bricks plug in like the projectors do. id buy it if i need a harness fro them to make things simpler and more reliable then my wiring skills lol
Old 04-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
trust me, you WONT find an OE bricks harness... like i said, ive only ever seen a handful of complete brick harnesses in my 15 years of building these cars.

build your own, its really not hard! go to the junkyard or autozone, find the same 3 pin MALE Nissan headlight plug (its a standard H4 male plug btw), then find 2 2 pin female connectors and start wiring. its NOT difficult at all, just takes a little patience. if you want it to look tits, get yourself some heatshrink wrap and micro zipties.

EDIT: after 30 seconds of searching via Google... http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=594668 Send him a PM or email. Seems he makes them from scratch.

larger image of the kit sold above...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #9
Bagdeez
Leaky Injector

Okay thank you for all your help. Loooks like I'm gonna have to make my own which I don't think should be that bad. I really appreciate all the help. Sucks that it's hard to find that harness but oh elk. I just want things done right. Really appreciate all the help