Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:20 AM   #31
jbcm12

Trader Rating: (0)
jbcm12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I continued to battle with motivation to keep the car as the quarter panel and alignment was giving me issues. Ended up sourcing a straight subframe and rear knuckles to make sure everything was straight, while also picking up Energy subframe bushings and all the parts for the rear Z32 ebrake assembly since I would be working in that area anyways.

jbcm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2018, 04:24 AM   #32
jbcm12

At this point the car was finally driving straight so I decided to go through with the build and get some seat time. Picked up some goodies from Street Faction and a Vertex steering wheel from fellow member WavyZenki.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:33 AM   #33
jbcm12

On the way into the gym after work one night I caught my driver side fender at a bad angle and the wheel tore up the fender lip. Part that sucks was that I had been driving like this for weeks without any issues and the fender roller was sitting in my garage. Out of impulse I picked up some Origin Labo front fenders from Wolfreign, but after realizing that fiberglass wasn't a quick fix I exchanged the fenders for a Origin Labo type 2 hood.

Around the same time I found a deal on some Takata harnesses so I picked them up along with an eBay harness bar.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:49 AM   #34
jbcm12

Picked up a flawless set of fenders from one of those resellers from Malaysia, before I put em on I rolled the fenders so I wouldn't bacon these as well. The OEM hood latch was sketch so I picked up Aero Latches and GKtech ganador reps. Also somewhere in between I picked up OEM foglights from @S14_joser.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #35
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Really cool you fixed the car.

How do you like the fortunes? A friend of mine picked up a set a few months ago and he was not impressed at all. I didn't overly care for them either. Seemed really bouncy, even with swifts. He runs soft spring rates cause he drags the car, but they're only a step below mine. I've also heard from a friend who is a fortune dealer they've gone downhill recently and he almost doesn't recommend them to people anymore.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:17 AM   #36
jbcm12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Really cool you fixed the car.

How do you like the fortunes? A friend of mine picked up a set a few months ago and he was not impressed at all. I didn't overly care for them either. Seemed really bouncy, even with swifts. He runs soft spring rates cause he drags the car, but they're only a step below mine. I've also heard from a friend who is a fortune dealer they've gone downhill recently and he almost doesn't recommend them to people anymore.
The car isn't perfect but I'm very happy with where its gone and been through. Honestly I don't know what a good set of coilovers feels like. Other than the S14 I drive the STI around and its super comfy. Driving the S14 sucks as far as being bouncy and I'm at a 10k/12k spring rate. Honestly believe I just don't know how to properly setup my suspension yet but I'm not complaining because on flat ground the S14 is great and the car is also super low. Bay Area roads tend to be rocky at times tho.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #37
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Adjust your preload on the springs. You should be able to spin them on the perches.

Don't compress them with the locking collars.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #38
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Adjust your preload on the springs. You should be able to spin them on the perches.

This. even with 10k/12k it should not bounce much. You might have the preload cranked.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #39
jbcm12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
This. even with 10k/12k it should not bounce much. You might have the preload cranked.
I adjusted them to fortune auto's recommendations but ima play with it more when the car is running again.

Got the door panels welded, switches moved to the center console and Prestige Metal Coatings did threw some powder down for me.

Not very long after I ordered my cage and started to part ways with the heel plates, harness bar and still trying to sell the door panels.

While everything was out, we took some time to clean up and get the interior grey. With the cage we're trying to keep most the plastic so we only painted what will be seen.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:59 PM   #40
jbcm12

Car sat for a while waiting for parts. Scored on free shipping so I swooped up two new front bumpers. Redid the rear bushings with solid subframe bushings this time from PBM. Oh and I picked up new wheels.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:07 PM   #41
jbcm12

So this is the most up to date post. Car is in pieces as I'm waiting for the roll cage to come in from Australia. Fuse box harness is in Japan being redone, we pulled the harness and cut the tubs for clearance, to protect the harness and to clean up the engine bay. Ordering a Villains extended lca to help with the front wheel fitment and even out camber a bit. Home Depot is having an online sale on Milwaukee tools so I picked up a 1/2 inch impact gun and picked up another headlight to replace the cracked glass on my passenger side.