Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #91
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Mid year recap:

Aero arrived, didn't go to Abo Moon Event, Crashed the R32, Not driving FB3, and I bought my old 180sx back.

Here are some pictures.

Repairs and paint are still going on with the R32. The 180sx now has Z32 brakes and the TE's from the R32. Probably won't do body work on the 180sx for a while so the quarter panels will look horrible for a long time. Sorry in advance.

Last edited by JIMB0; 08-08-2017 at 07:13 AM..
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2017, 11:43 AM   #92
DayTex

Trader Rating: (0)
DayTex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post

Repairs and paint are still going on with the R32. The 180sx now has Z32 brakes and the TE's from the R32. Probably won't do body work on the 180sx for a while so the quarter panels will look horrible for a long time. Sorry in advance.
congrats on saving your s13 from that stance kid, good luck with it.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #93
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Mid year recap:

Aero arrived, didn't go to Abo Moon Event, Crashed the R32, Not driving FB3, and I bought my old 180sx back.
Ayyy my man! I remember it from a few years back...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #94
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Aye that's when I first finished it. Needed better tire sizing back then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #95
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Late To The Party By A Whole Generation

So not much has really happened until lately. Went to Final Bout 3 and had a blast.

https://jyw0rld.wordpress.com/2017/0...al-final-bout/

Painting the car has been pretty much on and off. I was going to sell the car then keep it, I was going to try to fix the quarter panel then I was just going to add the over fenders. I was going to use stock metal fenders then I got vented fenders. Then i ordered a BN Sports hood. I moved from 17" all around to 17/18 stagger. Its been a cluster fuck of changing ideas and how the car will turn out but I'm stick with what I got now and just trying to finish the car. This is the car as of right now. Hood arrives probably Jan/Feb so thats when the car will be finished.

Also in this time of not having the car and what I have witnessed with other R32 sedans, I decided to swap to a SR20. I did the math and Im hoping to almost break even with selling all the RB20 stuff that i have. I scooped up a S13 Blacktop SR from a local importer. Motor seemed stock with a ARC oil pan. I was really banking on an aftermarket clutch with the motor but it was just a burnt stock clutch.

The importer gave me a "30 days start up warrenty" so i have 30 days AFTER i get the motor starter that if anything goes wrong, then I can return it so i wasnt too worried about checking out the motor in much detail when I was inspecting it at the importer. It had great compression and looked to be all there so I took it. I dropped the motor off at my work so I could tinker with it every so often and not have to go to my garage after work. I cracked open the valve cover and found these...

HKS CAMS!!!!!! Pretty stoked on these. 256 cams so the motor wasnt all that stock!

I removed all the accessories and cleaned up the motor. I ordered a complete gasket kit but didnt want to removed the intake manifold since I thought I could get it cleaned pretty well.

After degreasing it and cleaning it up, i wasnt too happy so I decided to paint the block and intake manifold. All of the bracket I sand blasted and repainted black. The PS pulley was dented so I ordered a pulley set and got those installed. Water pump seems to be new so I dropped in a Nismo Thermostat.

As for power, the TD06 was really tempting but I stuck with a S15 BB turbo, Power FC and 550CC STi Injectors. Shooting for 300HP and keep things reliable. Since Im drifting this car in Texas, cooling is my main concern. Oil cooler with the Tomei N2 oil block paired with the GREX Thermostatic oil filter relocation should help oil temps stay cooler. S14/15 oil pick up was also upgraded. Koyo Radiator will be ordered and probably a RB25 fan or maybe a GK tech one.

Found a good deal on a PBM Cobra Downpipe here on Zilvia so i snagged it up.

Still needing to get a few little things like replacing the rear main seal, clutch, turbo lines and intake. Should have some cool updates over the next couple of months when the car returns from paint, removing the RB and installing the SR.

Last edited by JIMB0; 11-15-2017 at 12:49 PM..
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #96
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
new pictures aren't working for me
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #97
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looks awesome my dude. Can't wait to see it all come together!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #98
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
so it’s gonna be ready for super d nye right? only thing i’d suggest is switching out that pan for moroso. coming along nicely!
Old 11-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #99
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
new pictures aren't working for me
fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Looks awesome my dude. Can't wait to see it all come together!
thanks dadmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
so it’s gonna be ready for super d nye right? only thing i’d suggest is switching out that pan for moroso. coming along nicely!
maybe ready for super D spring matsuri?
Old 02-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #100
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Got the car back from paint on Sunday.

As soon as the car got to the garage, I tested on the aero and took a step back...

Got a lot of work ahead of me. The engine bay is stripped and ready for cleaning. Need to put in all the door trim and seals. Paint the engine bay and install the SR.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:17 AM   #101
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
King of 2018

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #102
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
HELL YEAH!!! gotta install a pump and hose for putting out fires too!
Old 02-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #103
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Please bring this car to USAIR this year
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #104
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Love that you're keeping the SR simple, i'm missing mine bad.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #105
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Love this car!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #106
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of

This is a great look my man!

Old 02-02-2018, 12:14 AM   #107
FKNGRSY
Leaky Injector

FKNGRSY is an unknown quantity at this point
Paint looks so good! Love that red with the bronze TE's.
FKNGRSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #108
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Another S13 Hatch came up for sale so I had to scoop it up.

1 owner
74k miles

Going to transfer everything over from the white car to this car. Then I don’t have to do much body work. I think I might pick up another pair of TE’s, chuki sides and put on my rear valances. Swap the KA24DE, 4.6 gears and have a simple car that has some pep. But I gotta finish the R32 before I can start this project.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #109
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

So my s13 plan didn’t go as planned. I decided to part it out and use the money to mod my house that I just bought.

I crushed the white hatch because I didn’t want anyone to ever build it and I sold the red one for WAY more than what I paid for it.

My BN Sport hood finally arrived but I haven’t gotten time to drop it off at paint since we have been moving.

Got the garage floor epoxied and painted since CamryOnBronze told me to do it.

Time for pictures.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #110
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

House mods are the BEST mods!

Old 04-30-2018, 12:44 PM   #111
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Looks great my friend. Congrats on the house!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #112
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my heart dropped when i read you crushed the white hatch
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #113
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Subbed for updates! Keep it up
Old 07-23-2018, 06:36 AM   #114
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Here is a 3 month update.

Got the SR20 tuned and got the hood painted. Had to redo the overfenders since they were cut correctly to allow the wheels to fit properly.

Had my friend Justin (RurouniMidnight) took some pictures of the car that I’ll probably post on my blog so I don’t cluster up this page.

Drifting this weekend then hopefully have a couple practice days before I head off to SuperD in September.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:01 AM   #115
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
justin ain’t no damn photographer... but i like
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:10 AM   #116
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Looks amazing!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #117
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
justin ain’t no damn photographer... but i like
LMAO but he has a camera so I dont have to use my Iphone all the time
Old 07-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #118
deolio
Post Whore!

did the firemen whip out their hoses and try to extinguish the fire before realizing it's a car?
Old 07-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #119
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I guess I dont know the whole history on the white car, but why was it crushed?
Old 07-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #120
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Didnt know this was getting SR swapped! Ive kinda been playing with the idea of doing it to mine but I’ve never had good luck with SRs and my NEO has plenty of potential. Car looks so good though!