Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:13 AM   #31
rgnhd
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rgnhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The reason it doesn't have that. From my understanding. Is because on Japan that don't have that on their motors. Here in America. Especially in places like California where you have an inspection you have to have all that. I'm in Oklahoma where I can drive a car that just went through a tornado on the street so I'm not to worried about it.
rgnhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #32
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
the thing with jdm engines is it's pretty much a hit and a miss. sometimes you get really lucky and others you get the short end of the stick..
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #33
s13 drifta
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (105)
s13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
the thing with jdm engines is it's pretty much a hit and a miss. sometimes you get really lucky and others you get the short end of the stick..
They do compression test in a video or in front of you if you pick up in person. You also get a 30 day start up warranty. This all helps out, but you never know.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #34
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
it honestly sounds like if youre a fuckhead and dont make them compression test, and leak down youre gonna get fucked. with that being said i think i may roll the dice with them considering every single place anyone says has bad reviews somewhere.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #35
rgnhd
Leaky Injector

I'm for sure making them do a compression test. that is a must if they want me handing them money. So hopefully it all goes good.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #36
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

I'm talking people buying over the web like myself, cause im sorry i will not pay over 1300 for a CA swap. not happening. call my stingy or a cheap fuck but importers that want like 1800 are retarded since i could buy an SR with upgrades locally for 500 more. But im not going to since i know what i want.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #37
rgnhd
Leaky Injector

I don't blame you. I wouldn't pay more than $800 for a ca18. There's not enough demand for them although I would totally do one myself if they were cheaper.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #38
DallasTXjdm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
DallasTXjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
anymore input on these guys? thinking of ordering a CA swap from them for my.. well I won't spoil it but anyway. any more good reviews from these guys? EDIT: what's this on their site about the crank sensor, EGR (even though i don't care about EGR since alabama doesn't have emissions) and the CAS not coming with the motor and that id have to swap them out from my existing motor. I mean I know I'm a noob but that just doesn't sound right to me.
I purchased several engines (SRs/RBs/2Js) from David at JDM Engine corp and had absolutely no issues. He is a standup guy to do business with and I will continue to go to him.
DallasTXjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #39
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

did your purchases come with sensors that they "leave out" or whatever? EDIT: did you order online or in person?

Last edited by vJilly; 11-20-2014 at 11:30 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #40
rgnhd
Leaky Injector

I just picked up my rb20 from them this saturday. David was extremely nice. Made sure we were well taken care of. They did a compression test right in front of me. My only complaint was that I couldn't watch them set the motor up so i dont know if they put oil in the cylinders or not. The compression numbers were normal so i dont think that they did. The engine was fairly clean until i pulled the intake off. the ports seemed pretty dirty inside the head. Hopefully its just residue from it sitting for a little while. The oil also was clean in the engine which is nothing major just something nice. Hopefully it will run once i get it in the car.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:53 AM   #41
rgnhd
Leaky Injector

Just to update this thread. After finally getting it in the car it started up first try. I haven't been able to actually drive it, just up and down the street. I'm pretty sure the oil seals on the turbo is bad as the turbo is smoking really bad. But I need to do more testing to figure that out. Other than that everything seems fine.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #42
JDMENGINEUSA

JDMENGINEUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the good reviews folks!!
JDMENGINEUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #43
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
These people(jdm engines corp) sold me a rod knock sr a couple years ago,

though I suppose its my fault for not putting it in within 30 day warranty, it was still kinda a bitch because I was 17 and had worked all summer for the money.
Looking back now,
I don't think its possible to just rely on their word when it comes to jdm engines. You gotta plan on rebuilding it if it doesn't work.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #44
ihiryu
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ihiryu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
These people(jdm engines corp) sold me a rod knock sr a couple years ago,

though I suppose its my fault for not putting it in within 30 day warranty, it was still kinda a bitch because I was 17 and had worked all summer for the money.
Looking back now,
I don't think its possible to just rely on their word when it comes to jdm engines. You gotta plan on rebuilding it if it doesn't work.
I helped put in a motor that bought one from JDM Engine Corp. Motor had rod knock right off the bat. He blamed it on the oil pan, but it had no dents in it, wouldn't offer a refund or anything. The guy that bought it was SOL. Nothing he could do, so he had to get a few credit cards to buy another SR. He ended up buying from ALN in Irving, and Allen (Alan?) was great about it. I bought my RB20 from Allen, and a friend of mine picked up a 3SGTE from him as well. All of them were in great shape. My RB20 had a bad ignitor, but there was no way he would have known that.
ihiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #45
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
I purchased an RB25 engine from them. All I needed was a long block but they wouldn't sell me one without manifolds and they gave me a good deal on a complete one with uncut harness. It was like $1100 shipped for the complete RB25DET series 2 engine (No trans). It was the best deal I could find. I figured I would just sell the extra stuff and make some money back. It came with an oil relocation kit which was already on the engine.

They compression tested it and sent me numerous pictures. Everything looked good. I'll admit it wasn't the best looking RB I've seen but it was going to get freshened up anyways.

After I received it, I found that a few components like the TPS and dipstick were broken. I emailed them about it and this was their response:

Quote:
Hi,
we only sell you the engine head & block which we offer warranty and all accessories and sensors come for free, if they work fine if they don't then you need to buy them from part places, this is the warranty for all our customers.

Thank You!

David
I find it wierd that a company would say something like that since electrical components are necesary for proper function but since I already had those parts on spares I didn't make a fuss.

I drove the engine hard for a year in my track car and finally overboosted one day breaking the piston ringland in cylinder 1. Drove it a whole event on low compression too.