Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MunsonAuto
LSx S13 builds, turbo LSx vert, drifty stuff

What's up everyone!? This is Tanner Munson, I'm a drifter/car builder dude from the east coast. I just had 7 teeth removed (5 wisdom and two canines that were still baby teeth somehow) and have been wicked bored the past few days (bed rest style stuff) so I'm gonna post up a lengthy, picture heavy build thread kinda thing. I'll also use it to post up updates and announcements that are on my website too, kinda like another blog/social media outlet if you will.

I've got a website and fan page and it would really help me out if y'all could take a minute and check out the site and/or "Like" my fan page!
Tanner Munson Drifting
Tanner Munson Drifting | Facebook

Anyways, on to the build/pics and stuff, I'll start from the beginning of my drifting days (some of the videos are really bad and I sucked back then, but everyone starts somewhere, check out my more recent stuff for cool driving) and follow up until now. These first two pics are where things sit right now, attention grabbers to keep you interested until the end if you will haha.

Start of everything!
Picked up this thing back in highschool...looked like this when i got it

fixed it up a bit, painted it 2002 Subaru blue black mica, painted stock wheels, blah blah

V8 swapped it for my senior project back before V8 S13's were all over (around spring of 2008)...i wanted a clean fun street car...it was kinda cool then, and the only one in Vermont, which isn't saying much because Vermont is tiny and behind the times but I felt cool. Started off as a 5.3l, ls1 intake manifold, jeep grand cherokee power steering pump because i'm not an idiot, 4l60e automatic because i ran out of money and was 17, etc etc. Did a ton of research on the swap before doing it, made the mounts and exhaust and everything at our shop. Being that it was a big 4l60e and our first potato potato LSx S13 swap our mounts were pretty far forward and the stock hood wouldn't clear the DBW truck throttle body...so we cut a big rectangle out of the hood and put a cowl on it and it's stayed ever since. Lets heat out, lets me not run hood spacers, and it's different.
Looked like this...

Fall of 2008 I picked up a T56 and a LS6 clutch. Put the car away for the winter. Got rear ended spring of 2009, found Russ (Carbomb) on some New England 240/drifting forum, got some parts from Russ, fixed the car in a day...and he talked me into trying drifting. Bought some stance GR+'s, sentra wheels, and some tires.

Did my first "event" before the coilovers, skidpad thinger in canada, made this video and thought i was cool....i wasn't...dont watch the whole vid, it's just embarrasing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGmdmIJpGEg

sentra wheels and coilovers on

oh yeah, i put some recaro DC2's and nitrous in it too hahah

Went down to NH and did 2 events on sentra wheels and crap tires at this place called Star Speedway. it was wicked cool, 50 bucks, drive all night, do whatever you want, it was fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkuwRRzP5QM

Decided to go 5 lug, bought 6 mb battles, z32 brake setup, several maxxis ma-z1's, ichiba hubs and some other stuff. car looked cooler. Oh, I fried the LS6 clutch fast and picked up a Monster stg 3 jobby too.

Drifted at Star one more time, found out about Clubloose and built my car up over the winter of 2009/2010 in prep for A-group. I dabbled in used cars a bit, made some money, found a killer deal on a 2002 LS1, bought some #243 heads, Texas Speed MS3 cam, PRC Platinum spring kit, pushrods, had the car caged and had the exhaust & drivers side header redone by a badass local rally car guy (Kales Custom - Rally - Auto Customization - Metal Fabrication), got a seat & harnesses, all that jazz. Braced all my factory arms, my fabricator buddy made a sweet "powerbrace" knockoff, subframe bushings, drift stuff. Cleaned up all the wiring, re-routed stuff, changed around fan setups, fuel line stuff, just went over everything.

Cage came out awesome

the exhaust was awesome too

Went back to the skidpad thing in canada real early in 2010 to shakedown the new motor and cage and stuff and to just drive more.

Got on board with Clubloose and drove the 6.5hrs to e-town for spring moves...was one of a few people to pass tech lol...i remember Petty saying something like, "finally, a car that's actually built right", it made me happy. Drove in C group for the first session of the day, then got bumped to B group, made one run on the B course and broke a tie rod. It was the first event of the year and everyone was not prepared and didn't have any spares so I was done for the day early.

HTML Code:
<object width="398" height="299"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=11224326&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=11224326&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="398" height="299"></embed></object>
I then went to the first D-UP! drifting event and was progressing really fast and getting the hang of things, everyone kept telling me cool stuff so I kept driving. A buddy with a local motorcycle shop/partout business/wrecked vehicle place kinda sponsored me and helped me with entry fees. Since we have a full auto shop at home and that's what dad and i do for work we used our connections with wholesale tire places to get a good deal on maxxis ma-z1's for the year.

I did a ton of driving in 2010, every clubloose roadcourse event, the Ryan Tuerck/Tony Angelo clinic, XDC NJ, a few NH/driftspot events and some skidpad stuff. Highlights are going to my second clubloose event, east coast bash, and Petty putting me in A group right away and finding me a fire suit for the weekend, shit was wicked rad. Qualified 17th at xdc nj (my first comp scenario), drove a lot, had a ton of fun, and learned how badass drifting is and how awesome [s]everyone[/s] the majority of people involved in it are.

Picked up PBM arms for the hatch, got an alignment, more wheels and that was about it...just drove all year and got used to the car and learned how to drive. Everyone made fun of me for my stock steering wheel though

NH event

East coast bash

Miro and I hit a couple times at freedom moves so i bought chaser aero, painted it stupid white and other dumb things. I did trade my father a S13 coupe for a LS2 though...more on that later.

Badass tire guy hahha

made some knuckles (gotten some more angle out of it since then)

Blew up the LS1 at the second D-UP! event, I railed that thing off the limiter all the time and it was fucking awesome (see vids below). I had a few events left, put my old original 5.3l back in and it sucked real bad. put the LS2 back together stock and threw it in to finish up the season, i wanted to build it up but oh well.

Vids from 2010, kinda chronological order
Monticello D-Up shakedown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFVxY85Imp0

2010 East Coast Bash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJS-cUJvzo

2010 XDC NJ qualifying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uug6v22vZ-o

Clubloose Hotmoves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8plRmtKXus

My first wall tap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVkMILt387c

Exterior view of said wall tap

Jersey Streets 2010 recap vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6lXPcPdgTQ
Old 03-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
memphis180sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
awsome!!!!!!!!
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

MunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enough
Car looked like this at the start of winter, 2010

Started building a fresh LS2. The motor I got came out of a motorcycle, but the owner dropped the thing, pinned the throttle, and took out all 8 rod bearings like a boss. Rebuilt the motor with LY6 (suburban) crank and rodsthat had less than 50miles on them (armored car shop takes brand new vehicles from GM, puts forged stuff in and sells the old stuff), LS2 pistons, LS1 lifters, stock cam, ported polished #243 LS6 heads w/ sodium valves, PRC spring kit, etc etc.

Improved Racing baffle

Started to do off-season stuff, remove wiring, batter relocation, cut more off the 1/4 panels, etc etc

Got on board with Stance Suspension for 2011! I can't say enough about how happy I've been with Stance and their product. Swapped around springs and some other drift racer things.

Built my dog this cool snow fort/tower thing

Judy Jetson shift knob

Getting ready for some awesome rattle can paint.

All rattle canned, primer, base coat, clear...the clear sucked and took two of us to lay it on and keep it wet so it would dry evenly, but we managed.

Had this skidplate cut/bent up, 6061-T6 aluminum

All done, looking decent before vinyl

Skidplate mounted

Old 03-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

For 2011, I was making the jump from grassroots stuff to mainly competition driving. Being that I was trying to gain more partners and take things seriously, we took our street car (LS1 & 4l60e 69k original mile super clean coupe) and started to make it a back up car in case I wrecked the hatch, that way we wouldn't miss any events.

Pulling it in the shop to start stripping it down

Then the coupe was off to get caged

First coat of paint

Origin overs

painted this car all legit. subaru blue black mica

So the coupe was pretty much done for a back up car at this point...the cage was done and it was prepped for if we had to take a week and swap everything from my current competition car to this one.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

So yeah, built that back up car, drove the gold hatch for a bit

Wrecked it super hard at XDC Orlando
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EzSSZONLHY

Long drive home from Orlando to Vermont...got the mess home, tore it down, swapped good stuff into the back up car, did more drift skids.

Wheel tried to bite my feet

Twisted the firewall/trans tunnel

Before heading out to NJMP to shake the back up car down

It used to look nice

Car had some mad weird hopping/shaking on right hand drifts...turned out to be a bent knuckle and bent traction arm

Went to XDC Hyperfest, finished 8th or something

East coast bash happened

painted my wheels white

XDC charlotte

HTL round 2/Clubloose Hot Moves, 2nd place at HTL

First DMCC event, first "legit" podium, third place, felt cool

shop dog

more dmcc stuff

Some Clubloose event

Painted the sides of the cowl...freedom moves/htl round 3, first place finish

Mr.Delicious needs a hawtdawg

More dmcc

Peep brad's trapper keeper
Old 03-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
HieuHundreds

HieuHundreds is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly I think the rattle can paint job looks amazing, need more details on the materials and what color that is !

Cool build not really feelin the hood scoop though but whatever floats ya boat.

Also this might be a noob question but what exactly is that skid plate for ?
HieuHundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

Eor hanging like a bawwss

Went to FD irwindale, got super pumped for next season

Got a new back up car

Cut the cage out of my old hatch to eventually put it in the vert

Old hatch

Build type stuff, yeah! After 2011 season, I was lucky enough to be chosen as a member of the 2012 ASD Mob program. The guys at ASD are incredible and I am super proud to be apart of such an awesome team. Also for 2012 I've got a lot of great new partners on board and I am ecstatic to be able to represent such great companies. Please take a minute or two to head over to my partners page (Partners/Sponsors) and show them all some love! With 2012 shaping up to be incredible it was time to build another back up car and rebuild the comp car.

Also built/swapped this 1969 LS1 swapped Jaguar E-Type over last year/winter and stuff, I did some fab stuff on it, I hate this car.

Comp car stuff:
Start of the rebuild

LS2 all torn down

Test fitting Sikky stuff

time to remove the heater core and stuff

Welded some stuff

Swapping valve sprangs

Wiring stuffs

Ford style starter wiring
[img width=720 height=405]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/429165_266279136775243_212380202165137_612867_4997 09460_n.jpg[/img]

Gauge panel/setup

Built an exhaust

Got George's sick dual caliper kit

Sikky oil filter relocation kit and bracket i made

Overflow for the overflow...DMCC Rules

Heatshield Products is on board for 2012 to help keep my under hood temps in check! This stuff is super awesome, they also hooked me up with some "Lava Mat", no more melted shoes for me!

Comp car is pretty much done. Finishing up some wiring and lighting, gotta strip the vinyl off, buff it, then revinyl the car. Dyno date on the 19th then it's off to Clubloose on the 31st for Opening Moves.

Burnout vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqRkBuij4QE
Old 03-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
ls2champ

ls2champ is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking the same thing! That paint job looked awesome !

Did you guys use regular rattle can tips?
ls2champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieuHundreds View Post
Honestly I think the rattle can paint job looks amazing, need more details on the materials and what color that is !

Cool build not really feelin the hood scoop though but whatever floats ya boat.

Also this might be a noob question but what exactly is that skid plate for ?
The rattle can was all Rustoleum product. We used their red primer, followed by the "Gold Metallic" paint, and topped with their "Crystal Clear". The gold is a really transparent color so it's best laid down over a darker base coat. It took us almost 15 cans to get that much gold/metallic shine out of it. I would suggest trying it over a black primer if you're gonna give it a shot.

The skidplate is just to protect the oil pan and front subframe/crossmember from any offtrack excursions I might have. Some tracks have some gnarly drop-offs from the track to the grass/rumble strips haha, just trying to keep things safe!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #10
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls2champ View Post
I was thinking the same thing! That paint job looked awesome !

Did you guys use regular rattle can tips?
Thanks! Yeah, we used the traditional spray can tips, we did use the Rustoleum handle/trigger things though; but the can tip was whatever came on the can.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

Convertible turbo V8 backup/street car build! I've always wanted to do a turbo potato potato LSx...finally said hell with it and devised a plan.

Bought this truck in Illinois

Got home with it Thursday, Friday afternoon the 4.8L was out and my backup race motor (LS6) was in and running Saturday afternoon

Picked up this turbo from a buddy with intentions of putting it on said truck...that's on the back burner due to drifting

Devised plan was sweet daily driver truck with race motor, 4.8l truck motor in vert backup car with turbo and other obnoxious stuff. Grabbed a Masterpower T70 turbo for the vert!

LS6 cam for vert

Turbo goodies

Box of Texas Speed & Perf goods

Took this stock silverado y-pipe flange and made a turbo flange/collector

Shipped the T56 off to Rick at RKT56 (Precision Built Drivetrains | RKT56.com) to have it built. I had my first T56 rebuilt at RKT56 during the middle of the 2010 season and it has been absolutely flawless since then. RKT56 is on board in supporting me this season and they've done another amazing job on my latest T56 for the Vert! If any of you out there are looking to have a T56, T6060, etc rebuilt or built, contact RKT56 (Precision Built Drivetrains | RKT56.com)!

4.8l on the stand before I tore it down

Started swapping valvesprings with the intention of doing springs, oil pump and cam swap

Pulled the next plug and this ran out

Pulled the paper towels out of the intake and exhaust ports and started poking around...motor came out of my truck, got wrapped up and put in a dry corner of the shop...I still can't figure out how it got this much water in it, even the bad headgaskets shouldn't have cause this much..oh well.

Found this retainer clip of some sort that was in there since whoever did the headgaskets on this motor before I got it

Popped the heads off...gross

Other bank...previous owner had headgaskets done...they used some of the cheapest gaskets and bolts I've ever seen....super lame. Only drove the truck with this motor for three days, coolant dropped a little, but not enough to be alarming in those three days, never overheated...weird.

Valves pulled

Bottom end was still good and fresh looking

After attempting to clean the 4.8l heads and valves to no avail (valves were all pitted and corroded) I decided to just throw on a set of #241 LS1 heads and new GM gaskets and bolts and all that jazz. The only downfall is this drops my compression from stock 4.8l, 9.5:1 to 8.8:1. This is better for boost obviously, but I'm worried about the motor being a bit more of a dog out of boost due to the 4.8l's shorter stroke...only time will tell, I think it'll still be fun regardless, but we'll see.

Motor and turbo mockup

Bracket/flangey collector jobbie made

Hoodstack? Yay or nay? Thoughts?

Only rust on the vert was from where the previous owner let a bad/leaking battery sit and it rotted out the battery tray. So I cut the rust free battery tray from my hatch out and sectioned it into the vert.

Engine bay prepped

All paint done with rattle cans
Basecoat

First coat

Clear

Dried and in some sunlight

Turbo manifold collectors

Passenger side collector and flange/merge pipe thinger

Built trans back from RKT56

Crossover pipe and drivers side collector tacked
Old 03-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

Intercooler goodies

Early truck blocks didn't have the threads/provision for a LS1/fbody alternator, so I got to drilling and tapping!

Crossover pipe clearances

Passenger side manifold tacked/mocked up

Welded up

That's pretty much it for now...crossover pipe and drivers side manifold is all welded up. Crossover pipe is it's own piece, v-bands on each end so removal of everything should be rather simple. Next up is intercooler plumbing then it's onto wiring and chassis/interior prep stuff.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks for checking out my thread/website/fanpage and showing support!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
good lord

" and to think.....these forum's...nearly got Munsoned"

love it.
munson310 is my email addy.
sorry. Had to.

Welcome and thats a helluva good 2 posts
Old 03-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Love the build!
Keep it up.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
igot2fortiesOE
Zilvia Member

igot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to beholdigot2fortiesOE is a splendid one to behold
OMG. just went from went through the whole post. I WANT MORE! one word. AWESOME! great work. That definitely boosted my motivation. Thank you for that. Now keep'em coming.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #16
shaggy0778
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
shaggy0778 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
What kind of paint did you use on that engine bay? looks sick!
shaggy0778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
oOI WEST IOo

oOI WEST IOo is an unknown quantity at this point
im moist
oOI WEST IOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
fallen_51

Trader Rating: (3)
fallen_51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is amazing !!!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
Vitzio240sx
Leaky Injector

Vitzio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow speechless. This is one of the best build thread i have ever seen. I specially like the fact that you gave us a photographic timeline of your drifting career, all the way from where you started to where you are now, and those photographs make it come to life. Good job dude
Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
Buriantsu
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Buriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond reputeBuriantsu has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Buriantsu
Sickness!!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
Mardo
Leaky Injector

Mardo is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. I am speechless.
Mardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
Metal Angel
Leaky Injector

Metal Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't care how many cylinders or turbos your car has, FIVE wisdom teeth? That's rad!!!
Metal Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

The backup car engine bay paint is another Rustoleum product. I've only been able to find it at one local Lowes so I'm assuming it's something new-ish. The can reads Rustoleum Colorshift and that's about it haha. Lowe's only had two colors, the purple/blue that I ended up using and a green/red as well.

Hahah, 5 wisdom teeth sucks! 3 of the 5 were impacted pretty good so my jaw is aching pretty good, but nothing unbearable by any means. My family has a history of excess wisdom teeth...my sister had 4 removed several years ago, then a while back dentists found 2 more and had to remove those.

Thanks for the kinds words dudes! Fans and support like you guys really helps keep this fun! I should have some more updates in the next couple days. While I've been down this weekend due to these teeth my father's put in some work and on getting the front end of the comp car reassembled and the new manual up/down stock light setup done. I was able to get out there and remove most of last years vinyl and start eyeballing placement of this years stuff before I had to take some more pain meds and get back to Forza haha. Pics to come soon!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #24
Pantaloons
Leaky Injector

Pantaloons is an unknown quantity at this point
can I sketch you?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #25
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

Do you like luxury?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #26
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantaloons View Post
can I sketch you?
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
this shit is viral
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #28
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

^^That's the goal Lindsey BROhan!

Some updates y'all!
Couple quick pictures of the turbo vert crossover pipe/manifold parts

Over my weekend of decommission dad got the front end back on the competition car and the manual headlight adjusters all done up. I got most of last years vinyl off and left some that I'm gonna try and re-use for this season.

Top 10mm adjuster nut. Spinning this nut raises or lowers the light assembly.

The threaded rod spins through this fixed (height wise, it pivots as the light goes up/down) adjuster nut, thus drawing the light down or pushing it up.

Quick interior pic. I've still gotta coat the floors, install my new aluminum door panels and line the drivers side with Heatshield Products "Lava Mat" to keep from burning my new shoes, but this shows you the switchez on switchez setup and the awesome ASD hydro E-brake assembly I'm running. I had a chance to give the new e-brake setup a quick test today and let me tell you, this setup GRABS! I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality of both ASD's e-brake assembly and George Marstanovic's dual caliper setup. These two combined is garaunteed to give you the perfect hydro e-brake you've dreamed of!

I also got a call from the local freight yard today; my first order of Falken Tires had arrived! I cannot express enough how ecstatic I am to be on board with Falken Tire this season. Being that I'd been laying around all weekend due to this damn wisdom teeth removal I said hell with it and off I went in the brodozer to pick up my 20 tires! The guys at the freight yard were very helpful and loaded the pallet right in the back of the truck for me. A couple ratchet straps to secure the load and off I went!

Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
89JDM240sx
Zilvia Member

89JDM240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Ooooooo Mannnnnnn!!! Good stuff!! What color is the bay?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #30
flatout
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
flatout is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
very nice man..cant wait to see the rest off this build or whatever else you post up
flatout is offline   Reply With Quote