Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #511
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
your season is over already? summer just started.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #512
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
ProAm anyway. I didn't do that well in round 1 and round 2 was a 0 so I wont be competing in rounds 3 and 4. I'll finish out the Sonoma series where I am leading in points and I will do a bunch of fun events before I tear the car down in November.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #513
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
ProAm anyway. I didn't do that well in round 1 and round 2 was a 0 so I wont be competing in rounds 3 and 4. I'll finish out the Sonoma series where I am leading in points and I will do a bunch of fun events before I tear the car down in November.
You're a beast. That blows, you going to re-weld it or get another?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #514
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
You're a beast. That blows, you going to re-weld it or get another?
<3

Having it rewelded tonight. Got to get the car ready for this Sunday, Sonoma round 3.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #515
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You gonna go a different route next year engine wise?

Instagram @bankai_r32
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #516
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
You gonna go a different route next year engine wise?
I want a v8 badly, but I don't think I can seriously afford it. I'm at a crossroads.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #517
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

I went with a ton of the same parts as you as well as went sr all because of this build thread lmao. Not riding your dick or anything lmao but ive been modeling my build after yours for the most part. I say stick with the sr all day!

Instagram @bankai_r32
Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #518
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
You might be surprised what it adds up to when you part stuff out. It would be a start anyways.

Sucks about the broken tabs. That's the first time I've seen that. I was like "can that even happen?!?" If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck sometimes.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #519
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I want a v8 badly, but I don't think I can seriously afford it. I'm at a crossroads.
Depending on the 8cyl you want/choose, you can get away with paying very little to actually making money. Any of the aluminum GM blocks will obviously be a bit more expensive, albeit a smarter choice IMO. You can get swap kits for cheap or make your own for even cheaper.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #520
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
I went with a ton of the same parts as you as well as went sr all because of this build thread lmao. Not riding your dick or anything lmao but ive been modeling my build after yours for the most part. I say stick with the sr all day!
To get any more power out of the SR I would need to tear into the motor (cams, bottom end) and that compromises driveability and reliability. It's just time to swap to be competitive.

Quote:
You might be surprised what it adds up to when you part stuff out. It would be a start anyways.

Sucks about the broken tabs. That's the first time I've seen that. I was like "can that even happen?!?" If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck sometimes.
Yea I totaled up my part out and I can get quite a bit from it. I just need to figure out the best route to go when I finally do bite the bullet.

Quote:
Depending on the 8cyl you want/choose, you can get away with paying very little to actually making money. Any of the aluminum GM blocks will obviously be a bit more expensive, albeit a smarter choice IMO. You can get swap kits for cheap or make your own for even cheaper.
This is the problem with these motors is there are a bunch of small steps and every step is just better so I find myself at a VERY expensive motor very quickly lol. Like LS1 isn't enough, t56 sucks... It just gets out of control. Basically if I do go through with this I won't drift my car for ~1 year.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #521
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
This is the problem with these motors is there are a bunch of small steps and every step is just better so I find myself at a VERY expensive motor very quickly lol. Like LS1 isn't enough, t56 sucks... It just gets out of control. Basically if I do go through with this I won't drift my car for ~1 year.
The the F body t56s suck, but the goat is fine and the gearing is perfect, IMO... But I want to dump mine for a 6060 in near future. And ya, LS1 isn't that great, that's why I initially started looking around for an LS2. I got really lucky though; found some hilljack in rural PA who couldn't really operate the internet... He had a full dropout, plus about $3.5k in aftermarket parts on the motor for only $5k, with ecu, pedal, and gauge cluster. Can't even get a full stock LS2 dropout for that. Either way, I did find some full stock LS2s for $6500 or so. CL was my friend there. I'm sure in cali, you'll have a harder time finding nice stuff as it's probably gone in maybe minutes to hours.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #522
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

You said it. You have to be quick. Even LS2 isn't that fast, I keep up with those guys in my SR. If I'm going to do it I don't want to be just a little faster, I want to be like crazy fast. Decisions decisions.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #523
Beejis60
BANNED

Testing The New GM L92 Cylinder Heads - Car Craft Magazine

Do it. They flow better than my aftermarket heads and are half the cost.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #524
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You said it. You have to be quick. Even LS2 isn't that fast, I keep up with those guys in my SR. If I'm going to do it I don't want to be just a little faster, I want to be like crazy fast. Decisions decisions.
I do see myself going with an LS in the future, as Ive always been a Chevy guy and it seems like the logical choice. But I do understand what you mean about making the choice. Its got to be one of the hardest things to do when it comes to your own car lol.

Instagram @bankai_r32
Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #525
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
pull a daigo:
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #526
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

2j does sound rad but this is America. I also don't like the weight. That's what I like most about the LS is that it is lighter than the SR.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #527
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
So I know you like the simplicity of the big cube LSx's, but I think a turbo VQ35 is the ultimate engine as far as weight and power delivery/capability.

You could be super rad and do turbo VH as well.

But I understand the draw of the LS.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #528
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
What are the good pro-am guys there running horsepower wise? It's kind of silly if the pro-am level becomes a horsepower race as well. So much for budget friendly competition. Pro-am should have like a 400hp horsepower cap. Push people to be better drivers instead of turning to more hp so they can out run their competition.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #529
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Decisions like this is why I don't ever want to do competitive drifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
So I know you like the simplicity of the big cube LSx's, but I think a turbo VQ35 is the ultimate engine as far as weight and power delivery/capability.
Turbo VQ35 is soooo right, but it isn't gonna be a swap. The 350z is gonna blow up once prices go below 8-10k and people realize it is more expensive to swap the motor out of the Z than it is to build it in the Z.

Last edited by bc.; 05-22-2013 at 08:29 AM..
bc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #530
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
What are the good pro-am guys there running horsepower wise? It's kind of silly if the pro-am level becomes a horsepower race as well. So much for budget friendly competition. Pro-am should have like a 400hp horsepower cap. Push people to be better drivers instead of turning to more hp so they can out run their competition.
The average hp is in that 400~ range. There are 2 built LS7's and a bunch of LS1's. This is Norcal where we only have 11 cars qualify though lol. Check out Lifeblasters coverage of round 2.

Lifeblasters - Golden Gate Drift round 2

Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #531
Beejis60
BANNED

LS7s are nice and rather expensive, but Dan Benson told me that the stock sleeves in them suck balls.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #532
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I don't know enough about these motors yet. I've got a lot of research to do before making any kind of decision on a swap. I'm still just taking it 1 event at a time. I've got Sonoma Drift series Round 3 this weekend. Money is on the line for that one. $3,000 cash if I win the series.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #533
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
alright that's off of my list of things to buy... guess I'll get a mazworx and call it a day. a real expensive day.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #534
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Lol I love the L92 head article link from 4 years ago. We've been around the block on all budgets... Matt, if you seriously want to talk budget vs benefit, give me a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
alright that's off of my list of things to buy... guess I'll get a mazworx and call it a day. a real expensive day.
Troll! When YOU want to talk about your car, you should call me too bruh.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 05-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #535
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lol I love the L92 head article link from 4 years ago. We've been around the block on all budgets... Matt, if you seriously want to talk budget vs benefit, give me a ring.

Troll! When YOU want to talk about your car, you should call me too bruh.
You know when my motor comes out you are the first one I'm going to call for the replacement.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #536
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Lol I love the L92 head article link [SIZE=""]from 4 years ago.[SIZE] We've been around the block on all budgets... Matt, if you seriously want to talk budget vs benefit, give me a ring.
So? What's the problem with it? I don't follow LS forums or products that much to know if that's laughable or what. I just have my PRC heads and that's that.
You also never got back to me about the 6060 driveshafts anyway
Old 05-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #537
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
So? What's the problem with it? I don't follow LS forums or products that much to know if that's laughable or what. I just have my PRC heads and that's that.
You also never got back to me about the 6060 driveshafts anyway
Did I leave ya hangin? My bad! I should have been more specific, the lol part wasn't that you posted it, but that it was written when L92 heads were "new". Now all the best heads are LS3-based / cathedral port.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #538
Beejis60
BANNED

Umm, I thought the L92/LS3 heads were rectangle port and my POS/LS1/LS2/LS6 heads is/are cathedral port? I'm also like 8 beers to the wind....
Old 05-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #539
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
Umm, I thought the L92/LS3 heads were rectangle port and my POS/LS1/LS2/LS6 heads is/are cathedral port? I'm also like 8 beers to the wind....
Haha you're 8 beers in and correct. Rectangular port is the best bang for the buck since the stock LS3 manifold and 90mm TB flows so damned much, and ported LS3 heads are so cheap with flow numbers that knock out all the old aftermarket stuff.

/threadjack

Old 05-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #540
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Here are some pics from AMDrift.com