Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #1111
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Took the car out to test the new tires and power last Wednesday. The car is crazy fun now. I was able to drop the tire pressure down and with the GTRadial grip (which honestly was impressive) the car was super fast. I really like the nos. I can get the car set and floor it to lunge onto someone's door. It's very potent. Also, once we were done with the full track my bottle was empty so I just ran without it on the skidpad and it was just fine. Best of both worlds.

Destroyed my bumper going to hard which sucks so back to Car n Bike Moto to get more paint work done before Texas.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:36 PM   #1112
jdmsly

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmsly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just read most of this thread and im glad i did, its awesome! Congratz on the podium in FD and thanks for keeping your car low! style is a big part to and FD Is loosing it.
jdmsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:38 AM   #1113
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hey man, got the stickers the other day. Thanks!!!
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #1114
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
FD Texas was MEHHHHH to say the least. That track was really fun but definitely highlighted the grip and power that my car doesn't have.

My qualifying went decent. First run was conservative and landed me in 13th with a 75. 2nd run was looking a lot better, didn't lift from clip one until I was almost into outer zone 3, but I was coming in with WAY more speed than I had before so I got a little scurrd and parked it. It really highlights that in FD you have such little time to find that something extra. 2 points can be 3-4 positions and that can change your whole weekend and championship.

Top 16 I lined up with Trent Beechum. We have been driving together for a few years now. He's a really good driver in a Pro1 Mustang that was driven in previous years by JTP. My chase was scruffy, probably my worst run of the weekend. I entered with decent proximity but when he missed inner clip 1 I wasn't on his line so I got my nose chopped off and lost all momentum. This put me on a terrible line and I lost all proximity. This layout definitely punished you if you make a mistake as it's basically all on power and if you're even a quarter second late you are going to lose. My lead was ok but his chase was on point. He even bumped me at inner clip 1 and kept strong proximity and good line through the whole run. He moved on and ended up 2nd overall.

Needless to say I'm extremely disappointed. While I don't think I have all the car to win events, I do feel like I have the skill to end up on the podium every weekend.

Coming into the final round in Phoenix I'm sitting 8th in points and within a shout of a Pro1 license. Wish me luck!

Here are a couple pics from the event. Thank you to everyone for your messages and support, it really does mean a lot to know that people appreciate a slightly different approach to professional level drifting.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #1115
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Always love the updates, keep it up man! The fact that you're competing at this level in a s13 is just so cool to me!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:36 AM   #1116
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

WE STILL LOVE YOU, MAN
Old 09-26-2016, 12:41 PM   #1117
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Final Pro2 round prep complete and the car is on the rig heading to Phoenix as I write this. Coming into the last round I'm 8th in points and in line to grab that Pro1 license. I plan on leaving it all out there on the track.

Since I had an early exit from competition in Texas I didn't have to order that many tires which is nice. Maybe this will last me through Super D Matsuri in a few weeks!

Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #1118
91stockcoupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
91stockcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just read through a lot of this, I've been seeing you drive at Sonoma since 2014. Sucks about the crash but will you be out at Sonoma on the 12th? Also do you have any of those awesome stickers left!!
91stockcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #1119
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91stockcoupe View Post
Just read through a lot of this, I've been seeing you drive at Sonoma since 2014. Sucks about the crash but will you be out at Sonoma on the 12th? Also do you have any of those awesome stickers left!!
Thanks man! Yes I plan on coming out on the 12th. I'm doing Super D this weekend as well. My car looks like crap but overall it's still in one piece. Even after that crazy crash I only broke the passenger side tie rod.

This year has been crazy. I'm ready to upgrade and set up for a Pro1 season!

Here are some current pics. Just got the girl home.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:36 AM   #1120
EmpyreS13
Zilvia Member

EmpyreS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn man that was a hard crash to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EmpyreS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #1121
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
It was hard to watch from the stands but we were all happy you were okay. Good luck with the repairs!
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #1122
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreS13 View Post
Damn man that was a hard crash to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try being in the car lol. I don't really remember it. I remember driving towards the wall way too fast, then I remember the ambulance. Apparently I waved at people? Kind of crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90
It was hard to watch from the stands but we were all happy you were okay. Good luck with the repairs!
Thanks dude! Already got a new kit. Picking it up this weekend at Irwindale!
Old 10-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #1123
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Did a bunch of fun drifting before tearing the car down and getting it ready for 2017. Super D was amazing, but Wednesday Mehian at Sonoma was something else. I loooove driving an ugly car. I was chucking it pretty damn hard haha. Mechanically the car is still perfect but I need to make some competitive and aesthetic changes. I have a ton of plans for new livery and a totally different body for 2017 which I can't wait to share with everyone. Until then check out these pics and videos!

[/URL]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RFz3BTSsac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBbykwm8gL8
Old 10-18-2016, 12:19 PM   #1124
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Our new website is LIIIIVE! Check it out for exclusive content and updates!

Madrigaliracing.com

Old 10-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #1125
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Speaking of website stuff I just published a mini novel covering my 2016 season. If you have been following my build thread than most of it won't be new to you but still check it out so I get more traffic and maybe someone decides to write be a big sponsorship check for 2017 haha.

Madrigaliracing.com 2016 Recap
Old 10-20-2016, 07:12 AM   #1126
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Nice driving M8.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #1127
drift_student
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
drift_student will become famous soon enoughdrift_student will become famous soon enoughdrift_student will become famous soon enoughdrift_student will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey Matt, huge fan of the build(s) and what you've been able to do in FD!

What cam/valvetrain are you running? And what did you set the rev limiter to?!
drift_student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #1128
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_student View Post
Hey Matt, huge fan of the build(s) and what you've been able to do in FD!

What cam/valvetrain are you running? And what did you set the rev limiter to?!
Thanks man! I wish I knew more details. The car currently revs to 6700 and with these current heads it pulls well all the way. I think I'm going to be updating the cam/head/intake setup for a bit more power soon.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #1129
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

NEW BLOG POST! Winter Jam was unbelievable. Check out my write up!

Winter Jam 2016 Madrigali Racing Write Up

Old 01-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #1130
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So just read through this whole thing over the last two nights of work (not all the pictures show up because our work computers are blocked by proxy) but super fucking rad stuff do.

I'm glad youre enjoying it so much,

I thought I saw your car at No Coast or maybe just you but I guess not. I know Joe Tardiff was there.

Keep attacking it man! Subbing now. Excited to see what your future drifting career holds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:12 AM   #1131
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendaShogun View Post
So just read through this whole thing over the last two nights of work (not all the pictures show up because our work computers are blocked by proxy) but super fucking rad stuff do.

I'm glad youre enjoying it so much,

I thought I saw your car at No Coast or maybe just you but I guess not. I know Joe Tardiff was there.

Keep attacking it man! Subbing now. Excited to see what your future drifting career holds.
Thanks for the kind words. This thread is kind of morphing into my blog on my website so there is a lot more there if you're interested. This year is going to be different. Lots of changed, not all good. I'll have more to say soon.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #1132
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
keep us updated, thanks for sharing
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #1133
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

New blog post is live! Check out the fresh paint and updates to the VQS13 daily driver!

Old 02-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #1134
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Unfortunately I won't be competing in Formula D for 2017. It's not all bad because I'll be able to drive even more now! 700hp fun car! Check out the new blog post!

Formula D is Really Expensive

Old 02-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #1135
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Check out the newest blog post! Diff upgrade on the cheap.

VQS13..... Light at the end of the Tunnel

Old 02-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #1136
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Z axles are a direct replacement when using the Z diff?
Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #1137
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
Z axles are a direct replacement when using the Z diff?
Yea and they match up with the s chassis hubs. So rad.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:37 PM   #1138
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Hell yeah dude. Sounds way easier than what I went through to get the Q45 diff setup with the 3.54 final drive.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #1139
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8fy4gYt37c

This thing runs. Check out the blog post. Many updates.

First Start Video & VQS13 Update
Old 03-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #1140
Deepsouth

Trader Rating: (1)
Deepsouth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very nice!
Deepsouth is offline   Reply With Quote