Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
NISSAN Wire Harness Connector LIST

Question...

I dont think this has been discussed, at least I dont think it has been discussed on Zilvia. Do we have a thread that lists all of the OEM male and female connectors, pins, terminals, etc?

If this has not been discussed before, this should be a good thread where we can accumulate the part numbers and photos, etc...

for example:

MAFS Connector

Who is the OE manufacturer for this connector and what pin does it use.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
I know wiring specialties has most of the connectors, I'm sure you can contact them and see if they will sell them separately.

Also check out these suppliers.

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/ind...9f1eqm8j3b6ci2

http://www.newunitedracetech.com/shop/

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/El...onnectors.html
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Wiring specialties (Yury) already has them listed on his webpage for individual sale.

Though I do like the idea of this thread, It would be very useful.

For those who are not aware - Nissan does not make any of these connectors, nor do they make the pins. I have looked at many of them over the years and I do not see markings that point towards manufacturers, as you can see on may other components.

Hopefully someone has insight here!

EDIT: Hobbs, those are great links - thank you.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Understood.

However what I am looking for is manufacturer sourced parts, not resellers.

Molex, Deutsch, Sumitomo, AMP, etc.

Example of what type of discussion should be in this thread here:
http://www.miataturbo.net/general-mi...t-70034/page4/

It would be a big benefit to the community to list the connector specifications online, and hopefully in one thread.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #5
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
I don't think we have the same....quality of members as MT, not to mention the miata guys don't have a one stop shop for all wiring needs(wiring specialties) if/when they need a replacement harness or connector.

With that said, it would be pretty cool to find some connectors to replace the old sumitomo connectors on our cars with some of the newer and nicer Deutsch weather proof connectors.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #6
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

That miata thread is top notch...'the hell you doin on a miata forum boy?'

Agreed, I don't think this community has the interest in gathering information when one can simply ask and be spoon fed... for the most part. Ill have to keep this in mind and do some digging. Especially since I have been thinking about buying a 'kit' of connectors from Yury to build another harness.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Yep, and I'm not knocking Yury's business in any way... it serves a great purpose for those who want plug-and-play. However, some of us who prefer doing our own work - so its personal, at least it is for me. With that said, still there should be individuals here who want/need to replace specific connectors. It would be nice if we could go public on this info.

I have a bad feeling that this thread isnt going to go anywhere. I guess I'll have to do my own hunting.

At the very minimum, I am sure connectors like the fuel injectors will be a cinch since they are shared with millions of other cars.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Yury has every connector you would need for your nissan and he tells you what they are for, not sure how this is any different than having the OEM supplier PNs. The hunting has been done, collected in a single place that has them for sale. Not much else you can ask for...

http://www.wiringspecialties.com/connectors.html
Old 12-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #9
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Most connectors Nissan used look like Yazaki.

For example,

http://connectors-catalog.sys.yzk.co...list&select=XX

This looks awfully familiar to this...

http://www.wiringspecialties.com/connectore.html

Does it not?

For plugs (SR) like the CAS, coilpacks, ignitor chip, TPS etc... I believe are Sumitomo brand. DL series perhaps.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #10
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Yury has every connector you would need for your nissan and he tells you what they are for, not sure how this is any different than having the OEM supplier PNs. The hunting has been done, collected in a single place that has them for sale. Not much else you can ask for...

This does not show what ixfxi is asking. It states the connectors are OEM Nissan. Yes this is an accurate description, BUT it does not describe who actually manufactured it. By knowing who originally produced it I could go more directly to the source (and probably save money, assuming WS must have a mark up)

So yes the hunting has been done, but the info has not been made public - as that would hurt the business tactic.

Killer is on track, I too believe many come from Sumimoto (as lots of OEM parts are produced by them)...

EDIT: Coil pack? http://prd.sws.co.jp/components/en/d...ber_s=61950009

this page gives many options to sort through...measuring tab size of harness's we already have may be helpful..
http://prd.sws.co.jp/components/en/
Old 12-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #11
ixfxi
Post Whore!

^ Absolutely.

I was going to comment but then said "whatever, I dont think anyone here really gets it." The benefit is that we can buy our own connectors (at whatever volume) and we can crimp direct to them.

WS offers a very important service, they most likely have purchased volumes of these connectors and have them all in stock. Often times, connectors have very lengthy order times. Whats even better is that WS appears to have them mated to the proper colored/tracer wires. This is very convenient as buying wiring with the appropriate color/tracer requires some volume as well.

Not knocking WS in any way, just hoping that some of us can post up this info so that we could buy direct from the big electronic distributors (mouser, allied, etc).
Old 12-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post

I can tell you that he carries MOST of what you would ever need. the ignition coil sub harnesses for CA's as well as RB20 (red tops) are not carried by him. had a friend looking for them in the past.

Haven't looked much in the past for connectors so can't say he does/doesn't have every other item I would ever need as I haven't killed too many others. That said this is something I would be interested in learning more about. Having a way to make a Jumper harness from my RB ignitor plug to the newer style j30 ignitor would be nice information to have. Doing the splicing on the work bench is always nicer than trying to do it in the engine bay w/o having to rip the harness out.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #13
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Ford actually has a calender they put out with all the plugs with part numbers. I would love to see this for Nissan. Let me see if i can compile anything
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #14
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Soooo uhhhhhh. since we're on the subject lol. I actually would like to know where I could buy these pin connectors from a 97/98 kouki. Apparently they are different from the zenki. This is for my zenki -> kouki gauge cluster swap.

I saw stuff online but i'm really confused on all the technicals.

Actually... Can someone explained the difference between sealed and unsealed connectors? I can't find it online... keep getting weird non-related results.

I can't identify what kind of a connector this is:

Last edited by EDacIouSX; 01-29-2015 at 07:02 PM..
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #15
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ferrariowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow, I thought for sure more people would know about nissan techmate.

This is where you can buy OEM connectors, it's for dealers to stock their repair kits, but I'm fairly sure a anyone is allowed to purchase from here. Fair warning, they are quite expensive IMO but if it's the last part to finish a project, it's totally worth it.

It does take a little time to figure out which one you need is correct (there are quite a few connectors that look very similar).

Here is a link to a post of a guy who linked the techmate page, and a pdf will all of the connectors stocked for dealers to restock there wire harness repair kits.
http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/gener...mber-list.html

And the main techmate page.

https://tools.nissantechmate.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx

Took me quite a while to find this page, and while I haven't bought anything from them, it has been quite useful in my search for connectors.

Hope everyone can benefit from this.

-Kyle
ferrariowner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:26 PM   #16
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariowner123 View Post
Wow, I thought for sure more people would know about nissan techmate.

This is where you can buy OEM connectors, it's for dealers to stock their repair kits, but I'm fairly sure a anyone is allowed to purchase from here. Fair warning, they are quite expensive IMO but if it's the last part to finish a project, it's totally worth it.

It does take a little time to figure out which one you need is correct (there are quite a few connectors that look very similar).

Here is a link to a post of a guy who linked the techmate page, and a pdf will all of the connectors stocked for dealers to restock there wire harness repair kits.
http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/gener...mber-list.html

And the main techmate page.

https://tools.nissantechmate.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx

Took me quite a while to find this page, and while I haven't bought anything from them, it has been quite useful in my search for connectors.

Hope everyone can benefit from this.

-Kyle
I still can't find the correct pins/connectors..... But this is a good source for other connectors.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:58 AM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
Can someone explained the difference between sealed and unsealed connectors?
sealed connectors dont allow water in

unsealed connectors allow water in

:-)
Old 01-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #18
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ferrariowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
I still can't find the correct pins/connectors..... But this is a good source for other connectors.
Sorry, I didn't mean for my post to sound so condesendening.

I have found all of the jdm plugs I have tried to find. So it's odd they are not there.

But for what it's worth, my personal experience with the limited clusters I have (pathfinder, nx1600, jdm HUD S14, and something else nissan) they seem to all use the same range of connectors. Like I saw that the s13 and nx1600 share similar plugs, as well as my pathfinder cluster, I don't remember seeing much of a difference on the S14 HUD, I can take peak of you like?

They may be different, but you should be able to go down to a junkyard and be able to get the pin from any similar generation nissan. Total guess but based on what I have seen that would make sense to me.

-Kyle
ferrariowner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #19
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
sealed connectors dont allow water in

unsealed connectors allow water in

:-)
lol, that makes sense, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariowner123 View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean for my post to sound so condesendening.

I have found all of the jdm plugs I have tried to find. So it's odd they are not there.

But for what it's worth, my personal experience with the limited clusters I have (pathfinder, nx1600, jdm HUD S14, and something else nissan) they seem to all use the same range of connectors. Like I saw that the s13 and nx1600 share similar plugs, as well as my pathfinder cluster, I don't remember seeing much of a difference on the S14 HUD, I can take peak of you like?

They may be different, but you should be able to go down to a junkyard and be able to get the pin from any similar generation nissan. Total guess but based on what I have seen that would make sense to me.

-Kyle
I don't think you were condescending, at least I didn't feel like that. I want to order the pins so i can snip off my zenki ones and wire in the oem factory harness to the kouki pins. so i'm basically looking for that metal part i posted in the picture above but new and uncrimped. Could you point me to kouki s14 connectors? that might help me track down the pins for that connector. if it's too much trouble, which it probably is, it's cool.