Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #31
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbroke_kidX View Post

Never during Manji's. There lame.
What??
Manji's are awesome.
They are alot of fun when you are gaining speed and drifting back and forth down a skinny length of cement.
Plus they are the next step in training after figure 8's.
they will really help you with trasitioning.
but they usually come after you have learned to transition, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPDRFT View Post
Transfer -

Slow down then transfer -
Im old.

Whats a transfer?
Like when your skateboarding, and you go from one ramp to another?
transfer.

I call it transition, when the car changes its positioning in a drift.
am i off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
Drift Bible is archaic.
agreed, lol

here.
Run from HTM a long time ago.
looks like i get traction, but pretty sure i was able to get on the ebrake fast enough to keep it out.
SOHC, welded, springs n shocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JwsG0q0j2ls&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JwsG0q0j2ls&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #32
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (13)
foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
hahaha great video Castro. Now where's the Eric Castro Approve stamp at the end of it?
Old 03-31-2010, 01:41 AM   #33
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Soap is right though.
the car setup is everything.

At balcony, at WSIR
way to many variables

Sohc springs shocks vlsd
2nd gear, feint, give it a hell of a clutch kick and stand on it for a bit. it slowly comes out as it locks, and then slight lift to "set"
Or a long ebrake to make sure it stays sideways long enough for the vlsd to lock.

My SOHC with springs and shocks and welded,
3rd gear, big fient and ebrake
(big feint because the springs really body roll and I use that, ebrake because i want to be in drift right away and dont have time to hope that SOHC can power over with a feint in a 3rd gear entry.)

SOHC full suspention and welded.
I can go in the same way with a feint so small that you cant notice, because my coils are so stiff the body roll happens really fast and you dont want to miss it.
Or i can downshift to 2nd and clutch lock it because i am in 2nd at redline before passing the first clip anyways.

Or, I can go 2nd and get a good clutch kick if I am trying to keep up tandem with someone.
The welded makes up the for lack of HP when trying to lock up a 2way quik. The low HP can let you straighten out your 2 way pretty easily in shallow chase angle.
staying in second means i dont have to lift to shift before the transition.

transfer?
ebrake?
pedal?

fucking momentum dude.
The shit will swing you like a pendelum.
right before your car starts to catch and swing back,lift for a sec so the wheels catch, a quik steering in for more angle before letting it spin will flick you the other way, and back on the gas as it comes around.

now every diff reacts differently.
as well as springs or coils.
wheel size
width
tires size
width
stretch or not
camber
type of car.

and i am sure JR uses the ebrake in closing the gap situations.
everyone does.
he may also be a big front braker.
but ebrake has its advantages.
JR also drives a car that has power to start drifting in any gear on a tranny that is far from stock.
most of us need the ebrake with our low HP.

and you can be alot mroe precise on your clipping points with the ebrake.
when you initiate with the ebrake,
you are going directly into a drift
when you clutch kick, it may take a second and you may pass the clip wide or not initiate at all.

dont feint to hard, you might drift the wrong way, like that video of that dude drifting into the people last year.
in compititon drifting, the judges also dont want to see feints.

the ebrake will also take your momentum and make it go sideways instead of forwards.
I have tapped many cones and curbs with my front bumper by ebraking past them.
without the ebrake, i would have driven my front tires right over them.
i also use ti to get up along the side of cars in tandem or to throw my angle wide and drift past the back of cars that spin out in front of me.

this is just off the top of my head, and trying not to let this thread be a total joke.

you need to go to the track and actually drift with some people and ask for help from people that are kicking ass in Low HP cars.
because low HP car drivers end up getting really good at making the most of their drifts and their abilities.
Whoa ... lol any way I was saying straight to the point as in he put his technique out there. I do pretty good w/o but Ive been limited to 3 tracks and

I do go to the track and I have a high & Low Hp car. I auctually drift more w/ my bone n/a sohc. What I need to do is work on my high speed drifts. .

I do take it back tho JR did use the ebrake on a 180 turn but besides that he was just using momentum to transfer.

I hardly ever use the ebrake and eventhough I dont practice high speed drifts as much I still do and all you have to do is have the right speed, angle and have good throttle controll for a car that has decent power. I also see where you are comming from on closing the gap and stretching the drift I guess Im just a little harder on the eng... haha I do pretty good w/o but Ive been limited to 3 tracks and just like you said I need to practice

I know its allot about the car set up and I hope this will provide input into peoples builds cause the better the set up the the more accuraccy obtained.

Thanks for the input eric hopefully ill see you at willowsprings one day. Im moving my events there so I will be able to practice.

Very informative video too

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 AM   #34
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post

I also dig 4-wheel high speed lock ups. Tanner Foust was one of my favorites for these. Come in super hot, weight transfer to get the car sideways, then holding the e-brake and the pedal to lock up all 4 at the same time.

So cool.

Sounds like a pretty difficult but awesome technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keistyle View Post
Usually a small feint with a clutch kick does the trick.
That's how i roll. Atleast until i hook my bmr handbrake up. I'm hoping after i put my rebuilt calipers on that my standard handbrake actually works again. Would love to have both to practice stuff with.

Feint is hands down my favorite thing to do. I blame Mitsuru Hariguchi. Dude was awesome when he had his fc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQGUsoPPgU
@ 00:38
Old 03-31-2010, 02:24 AM   #35
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
^^ yea man holland drift was sick.

Im about to install a hydro ebrake now man fuk the dumb shiz...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:53 AM   #36
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
BTW, z32 ebrake is the jam. I had no problem locking them up at 100mph at buttonwillow for the Hellaflush event. I like it better than hydro.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:33 AM   #37
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

I was out there.. which car did you have there? I have never used a hydro my buddy was the one with the gloria

Old 03-31-2010, 04:01 AM   #38
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
This is me. I was doing 4th gear entries after the competition was done. Early in the day we were doing 3rd gear stuff to practice for the team comp.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #39
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
I also see where you are comming from on closing the gap and stretching the drift I guess Im just a little harder on the eng...
Not to offend you, but if your talking stock KA.
You are not harder on the engine then me, lol.

And technically, if you were harder on the engine, you would be getting even more out of it and prolly want to use the ebrake to keep a drift after a long shallow transition.

I actually ebrake more in my SOHC.

Its because i dont have the power to maintain really long drifts or get the car to step back out when its trying to catch.
Or
Because i lack the power to actually propel myself away from a wall, so as i come in sideways, i need to slow it down so as i am coming around a wall, i dont get in deeper than a little tap.

yeah, come to the track.

Here is a run i did at Balconey years ago.
3rd gear entry with ebrake, shift into 2nd during the transition.
Since i lift to transition, it makes it easy to put the clutch in during that time and shift really fast.
you can see where i am clutch kicking because the car steps out pretty hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6utQQAcAjM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6utQQAcAjM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 AM   #40
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

And technically, if you were harder on the engine, you would be getting even more out of it and prolly want to use the ebrake to keep a drift after a long shallow transition.

Its because i dont have the power to maintain really long drifts or get the car to step back out when its trying to catch.
Or
Because i lack the power to actually propel myself away from a wall, so as i come in sideways, i need to slow it down so as i am coming around a wall, i dont get in deeper than a little tap.

yeah, come to the track.

Since i lift to transition, it makes it easy to put the clutch in during that time and shift really fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6utQQAcAjM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6utQQAcAjM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I saw my car! lol.

Come to 626 event...i teach you secret.

lol....there is sooooooooooooooooooo much different situations involved. Get Forza 3. Learn how to drift differently in the game, it'll help you for real life.

I'm really big on clutch kicking. Balcony, 3rd gear initiation, clutch kit, don't lift till transition, quickly counter, and never lift....any other track is about the same. I only use e-brake for mistakes. I don't have enough power to e-brake initiate....its not worth it.

here is a video compliments of castro.

at 1:10, you can see the "quick" flick of the steering wheel to get the weight to transfer. (stock ka on 18's for the record...anyone can drift)

at 1:38, you can see it at a different angle, doesn't look like a big flick, but it's enough to get the car to slide out, and I used to brake during transition to stable the car, but with time...i don't need to anymore.

vimeo: 626 march madness

and I have driven almost every different type of car and setup, so I have a wide learning range of cars for balcony specific, but I'm sure with certain setups, they will be just as good on other tracks.

and I've had no problem drifting a completely stock SOHC. (i once had someone tell me it couldn't be done in his car)

Last edited by fckillerbee; 04-01-2010 at 09:29 AM..
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #41
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Eric Castro, I need to drive down to Cali and get some driving lessons from you, the master of the SOHC.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #42
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
I was out there.. which car did you have there? I have never used a hydro my buddy was the one with the gloria
You were out there? I saw the Gloria, but not you.

As for techniques, I tend to weight transfer and clutch kick.

But of course it really depends on the track. On the buttonwillow offramp I would hug the inside at the top of third, flick it to the outside and clutch kick as I turned back in. I would use the ebrake and adjust angle if I felt I needed more, then towards the end if I slowed down too much I would shift down to second.

I tend to feel it out on a turn by turn basis. But primarily I like to clutch kick.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #43
GT Motion
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
GT Motion is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
To the OP. IMO Its only weak to use the ebrake when its not nessecary.

For initiating, I almost never use ebrake, some turns that are akward though, like a turn that starts out slow & tight, then becomes wider and faster towards the exit its sometimes more accurate to use the ebrake to initiate then drop the clutch at apex and use your power on the exit line, especially if you don't have a lot of room on entry. Like when rally drivers enter hairpins they kickit out with the handbrake and punch it at apex to save the exit.

Normally though clutch kick is the way to go, it looks great and keeps a lot of speed. During transition it will come naturally when to let off and whip the car around, you would only use the handbrake if you messed up your angle or are coming in really fast to a tight turn and want to hug the apex with the nose going around it. You should also try left foot braking.
GT Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #44
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Haruguchi's rally-quick is IMO the fucking baddest flick out there.

I enjoy it raw, loud, and intense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPGOaG_doQw
Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 PM   #45
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
This is me. I was doing 4th gear entries after the competition was done. Early in the day we were doing 3rd gear stuff to practice for the team comp.

Ahhh ok.. who won any way?? kinda sucked cause the only real visible action was at the left loop.. pretty big for buttonwillow. Ill hit you up nextime theres an event there if you are there

Quote:

Or

yeah, come to the track.

it was kinda a stupid point to begin with because they all have limits but due to budget buttonwillow skid pad is where we go. like 2nd gear tops lol
I have hit some big drifts w/o the ebrake but not out there. it was out at Etown club loose... been a while. I will be transfering to willowsprings cause I need to train on the bigger turns. and I hear springs has a membership where its real cheap now so see you there and we can put description into actuality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
I saw my car! lol.

Come to 626 event...i teach you secret.

lol....there is sooooooooooooooooooo much different situations involved. Get Forza 3. Learn how to drift differently in the game, it'll help you for real life.

I'm really big on clutch kicking. Balcony, 3rd gear initiation, clutch kit, don't lift till transition, quickly counter, and never lift....any other track is about the same. I only use e-brake for mistakes. I don't have enough power to e-brake initiate....its not worth it.

here is a video compliments of castro.

at 1:10, you can see the "quick" flick of the steering wheel to get the weight to transfer. (stock ka on 18's for the record...anyone can drift)

at 1:38, you can see it at a different angle, doesn't look like a big flick, but it's enough to get the car to slide out, and I used to brake during transition to stable the car, but with time...i don't need to anymore.

March Madness on Vimeo

and I have driven almost every different type of car and setup, so I have a wide learning range of cars for balcony specific, but I'm sure with certain setups, they will be just as good on other tracks.

and I've had no problem drifting a completely stock SOHC. (i once had someone tell me it couldn't be done in his car)
I cant wait to get out there. next chance I have I will. Is Gabes14 (screen name) out there often?

thanks fellas

Old 03-31-2010, 02:05 PM   #46
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Ahhh ok.. who won any way?? kinda sucked cause the only real visible action was at the left loop.. pretty big for buttonwillow. Ill hit you up nextime theres an event there if you are there

it was kinda a stupid point to begin with because they all have limits but due to budget buttonwillow skid pad is where we go. like 2nd gear tops lol
I have hit some big drifts w/o the ebrake but not out there. it was out at Etown club loose... been a while. I will be transfering to willowsprings cause I need to train on the bigger turns. and I hear springs has a membership where its real cheap now so see you there and we can put description into actuality...

I cant wait to get out there. next chance I have I will. Is Gabes14 (screen name) out there often?

thanks fellas
I don't know names very well...how about what car does he drive? I'm guess s14, but color, specs.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #47
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

heres the link to his profile

http://zilvia.net/f/members/gabes14.html

Old 03-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #48
Flybert
Post Whore!

Quote:
We ended up winning the comp. Why don't you drive the track? The skid pad can only teach you so much.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #49
turns101
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
turns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turns101
All of these techniques are very simple in a Miata. You guys should try it out some time..
Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #50
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
http://zilvia.net/f/motorsports-skil...west-loop.html

june 4 buttonwillow track day. come on out. practice these techniques.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #51
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
We ended up winning the comp. Why don't you drive the track? The skid pad can only teach you so much.
I know. its not the only spot.... lol but its a place to do it legal. Main track is like 2g's to rent and need insurance. Ive only had 5 events.

Im workin up my way up I hung out with the best...

my pad after Etown formula D in 06 when I lived in jersey/// Damn I miss those days but keeps me motivated.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 PM   #52
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/motorsports-skil...west-loop.html

june 4 buttonwillow track day. come on out. practice these techniqudes.
I will be there Im also tryn to get Bakersfield motivated in the drift scene. Now that I have had a few Im moving my next one to willow springs to change it up. Im still in the process of gettin my s14 together again and Damn times are hard and Im tryn to hussle.

All of the events i put on I have made 0$ because I just want people gain the passion that I do for the sport and realize that its not that easy.

see you there tho

Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 PM   #53
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
awesome, glad to hear.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:59 PM   #54
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
This thread has a lot more information than I thought there would be. haha. Good stuff. Now only if I could read it...
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:25 AM   #55
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

^^ yea it surprised me aswell... this is the beginning of Eric Castros Learn how to drift the "Right" way.. cause Drifting for dummies just wouldnt cut it... and chicken soup for the drifters soul would just be :ghey:

HOLLYWOOD!!

I do like the option vids with the shots of the pedal action.. haha

Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #56
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turns101 View Post
All of these techniques are very simple in a Miata. You guys should try it out some time..
I want to drive a little sparkly car! lol
Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #57
flipnoi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flipnoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
track?

Hey guys,

I'm actually new to drifting, but have always been a fan, WAAAAAY before tokyo drift and all that other nonsense coming from the new "scene". I'm not going to pose and act like I know anything about drifting or act like I actually do, because I dont.

But I've always wanted to hit up a track to LEARN. But I've always been scared because I dont want to get flamed or dissed for being a complete noob. Are people at the track nice/willing to give advice to someone wanting to learn? I'm pretty self conscious about what other people think, but at the same time I want to grow and learn more about what its like to drift. I love spectating, but I actually want to be the one behind the wheel. So I was just wondering what it's like to hit up the track, and the experience drivers have with fellow drivers on the same track. I guess the main point im trying to ask is:
What's the best way to learn this sport. I know you guys are giving advice and techniques, but is it best to just start out at a track and have other drivers help?

Sorry if you think i'm thread jacking, but I didnt want to strat a new thread. Im trying to keep it to the topic of techniques and learning, but everyone mentions the track and I was just interested what track experience is like.

thanks
flipnoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #58
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
The point of track events is to learn, dude. Go out and have fun. Who cares what other people think of your driving. Fun is what it's all about.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #59
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbroke_kidX View Post
Foot brake to transfer. Idk just always done it. Let off the gas tap brake smash back on gas. Never used E brake for anything except extending. Dont really like e brake initiations. Either flick or clutch kicks.
thats what Katsuhiro Ueo does. check the vid out

this should give you a nice idea of what to do in drift/into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHP1c...layer_embedded
chiboy002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #60
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnoi View Post
Hey guys,

I'm actually new to drifting, but have always been a fan, WAAAAAY before tokyo drift and all that other nonsense coming from the new "scene". I'm not going to pose and act like I know anything about drifting or act like I actually do, because I dont.

But I've always wanted to hit up a track to LEARN. But I've always been scared because I dont want to get flamed or dissed for being a complete noob. Are people at the track nice/willing to give advice to someone wanting to learn? I'm pretty self conscious about what other people think, but at the same time I want to grow and learn more about what its like to drift. I love spectating, but I actually want to be the one behind the wheel. So I was just wondering what it's like to hit up the track, and the experience drivers have with fellow drivers on the same track. I guess the main point im trying to ask is:
What's the best way to learn this sport. I know you guys are giving advice and techniques, but is it best to just start out at a track and have other drivers help?

Sorry if you think i'm thread jacking, but I didnt want to strat a new thread. Im trying to keep it to the topic of techniques and learning, but everyone mentions the track and I was just interested what track experience is like.

thanks

you are a perfect candidate to come to a 626 drift event. We have plenty instructors on site, and eric castro and myself are one of the instructors there. We have a lot of seat time, and would love to get you behind a wheel.

Most people are shy, but we aren't, come out to a meet, meet some of the guys, we are all really friendly people.

http://626drift.com/