Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #241
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr

A few pics from this weekend's yr end nissan meet..

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #242
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks great.. well done
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #243
bottlefed97

bottlefed97 is an unknown quantity at this point
The quality of this build is incredible, nice work. I just went through your IG and fell in love... would trade my Z in a heartbeat for this.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:25 AM   #244
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
UPDATE!

finally dynoed...

Got up friday morning and make the 2hr drive to the tuner. Got there changed out my plugs went over the car and strapped her on to the dyno. The tuner Jeff evans he was pretty happy with the setup and how quick the response is with the turbo. He dialed in the 2000cc injectors perfect at idle afrs are right around 14.3-14.8, idle is at 1200 due to the fact that i do not have iacv. Did a few low power pulls off wastegate..

Right off the bat with some minor w.g. creep to 18psi (holding 15psi creeping to 18psi) at redline (7200) care made 430whp.

After realizing i forgot to install a boost solenoid and taking some time to wire one in we were back on the dyno.. We have to stop at 22psi because we were reaching the limit of 93 and my stock cam head -___-. So on a very conservative tune with ALOT more in it final numbers were...

502WHP/428FT/LB.

you can see the power band is very linear. The motor has alot more in it the setup wants to keep going but I seriously need to do some major head work and switch over to e85. The tuner feels like after I do this and switch to a z33 trans we can possibly touch 800whp.

Anyway on to some pics.. BTW can someone post the Vid for me I dont know how.. here is the link:

http://vid1235.photobucket.com/album...ps5r52h3fh.mp4

All and all im very happy with the car and its performance. Its a blast to drive very fun. very easy to control and feels very strong up top. I cant wait to keep going forward with the car.

Some snap chat fun...

http://vid1235.photobucket.com/album...psgogpxpaq.mp4

s14 kouki ka-t

Last edited by turbo2nr; 10-17-2015 at 10:02 AM..
Old 10-17-2015, 09:02 AM   #245
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Awesome results Drew! Not only is the car a beauty she is also a beast. And kuddos for sticking with KA power.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #246
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
Ka-t never die. This car is legend status.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #247
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Great numbers .... men i love the torque of the Ka

What adaptor plate do you have for the ka to vq swap

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:19 AM   #248
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Thanks,

i plan on running the maverick Motorsports adapter.

This winter is going to be very busy with building a head and tending to the transmission.

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 10-19-2015, 06:48 AM   #249
greenmachine300zxtt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
greenmachine300zxtt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sick build, if i have to redo it all over, would have done it your way instead of RB25 route. keep it up.
greenmachine300zxtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #250
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm a little confused with your powerband. Usually ka-t's with a stock head and cams will see a power drop off around 5600 rpms, but yours keeps building after that.

Could it be that intake manifold? Or were you experiencing a continuous boost spike to redline which kept building more hp?

Great looking car/setup as always. My car wants to be like your car when it grows up lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:11 AM   #251
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

^thanks man, I was also pretty shocked to see the car making power up to redline even tho the head is stock. I know I had a tiny mount of creep but i dont think it was enough to keep the power up. If i had to guess I would say it is the effectiveness of the setup. Ither way I cant wait to re-do my head and address my trans and hit the dyno in spring again for an e85 tune and hopefully 700+whp

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 10-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #252
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Those numbers and band are really clean! You should do a write up over at ka-t.org. Everyone there would flip at those numbers.

Any plans for the rear end once you get it up to 700whp? If you look up vrfabrications, they have a ka-t drag setup with 9k rev limit ka24e. I messaged them awhile ago if they can do some headwork like that more my DE and they said no problem. Ka's arent very rev happy motors so a nice little head would do wonders.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #253
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
^thanks man, I was also pretty shocked to see the car making power up to redline even tho the head is stock. I know I had a tiny mount of creep but i dont think it was enough to keep the power up. If i had to guess I would say it is the effectiveness of the setup. Ither way I cant wait to re-do my head and address my trans and hit the dyno in spring again for an e85 tune and hopefully 700+whp
Do you have an aftermarket harmonic balancer, like an ATI super dampener? I know those will eliminate some hp-robbing vibrations that the stock crank likes to generate at higher rpms.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:37 PM   #254
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Only rev'd to 65 that and creep are probably why it didn't drop off although the short piping probably helped. This is the .82 hotside right? I'm curious how my hx40 will compare to this. 264's really made a big difference for me.
Solid numbers, as i told you i'm a huge fan!
Old 10-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #255
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Do you have an aftermarket harmonic balancer, like an ATI super dampener? I know those will eliminate some hp-robbing vibrations that the stock crank likes to generate at higher rpms.
I dont but the motor was balanced to 9k on the stock dampener. I plan to eventually get one as I go further in the build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Only rev'd to 65 that and creep are probably why it didn't drop off although the short piping probably helped. This is the .82 hotside right? I'm curious how my hx40 will compare to this. 264's really made a big difference for me.
Solid numbers, as i told you i'm a huge fan!
Im actually running a twin scroll 1.06 back housing on the turbo, I didnt want to choke it up since Im actually running a 40r wheel in the front, I know my turbo is kind-of a mut. It was custom built by pureturbos. Im curios to see what power it makes once the turbo is actually in efficiency range.

Im thinking about ditching my bc264 for some kelford 272 since I plan to go all out with the head.

Any thoughts on over sized valves for the ka? Is it worth it, I've read a lot of different things. I know with some motors it can lead to more lag.

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 10-21-2015, 07:46 AM   #256
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I dont but the motor was balanced to 9k on the stock dampener. I plan to eventually get one as I go further in the build.

Im actually running a twin scroll 1.06 back housing on the turbo, I didnt want to choke it up since Im actually running a 40r wheel in the front, I know my turbo is kind-of a mut. It was custom built by pureturbos. Im curios to see what power it makes once the turbo is actually in efficiency range.

Im thinking about ditching my bc264 for some kelford 272 since I plan to go all out with the head.

Any thoughts on over sized valves for the ka? Is it worth it, I've read a lot of different things. I know with some motors it can lead to more lag.
Great update on this build thread. That's decent power right there on pump.

FYI I sent you a pm.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:54 PM   #257
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm not surprised that Evans Tuning worked his magic. I've been there a few times and i don't know of anyone that has something bad to say about his work. I'm looking forward to what's next.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:46 AM   #258
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
This car is beautiful like its owner.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #259
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

It was a good season time to put her down for the winter.

hopefully ill be updating with the progress with the built head/ new brakes/ 1.5lsd and new wheels that fit properly.

now a few pics :

My wing is very functional as you can see:

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 03-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #260
mugenjibz

mugenjibz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mugenjibz
In for new wheels that fit properly.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:41 PM   #261
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I know I'm late but how did the rack bushing cause a power steering leak? one of mine is gone (havent gotten to address the issue yet) and leaks like crazy on that side.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:37 PM   #262
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Curious if you could PM me screen shots of your dwell settings and such for the LS coils on your AEM.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #263
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What's going on in the back?

Old 03-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #264
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
I know I'm late but how did the rack bushing cause a power steering leak? one of mine is gone (havent gotten to address the issue yet) and leaks like crazy on that side.
No my leak was caused by a bad o-ring when installing the s.s. line into my rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Curious if you could PM me screen shots of your dwell settings and such for the LS coils on your AEM.
I will try next time i plug it into my computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
What's going on in the back?
Just normal 2jz thangsss

havent made any progress with the car this winter, funny as you get older you have less and less time for hobbies... I barely even drive her anymore.

Hopefully soon ill get back into the swing of things with the car, OR sell her and buy a fd

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 03-22-2016, 09:47 AM   #265
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice....too bad Mikey from M&S is gone but his crew knows their ish when it comes to the 2J.

You hit the nail on the head....turning 32 this year I barely have time to drive the cars. Picked up a Kouki in early Jan and have put about 85 miles on her total lol. Thats what I used to put a day when I had more time.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #266
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

no real updates, except I blew up my ka trans now I need another one
havent had any time for this thing.

s14 kouki ka-t

Last edited by turbo2nr; 07-18-2018 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 AM   #267
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
no real updates, except I blew up my ka trans now I need another one
havent had any time for this thing.

Pictures don’t work, thought you were running a z32 Trans?
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:14 AM   #268
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Still running a Ka trans, but it was at its limit, one hard shift from 2-3rd on 25+psi and 3rd gear deiced it had enough -_-

Not really looking to spend more money into the car as of right now, so going with another stock trans. To get me through the summer, then I can put the car in storage in the winter and address the transmission correctly.

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 05-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #269
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
Still running a Ka trans, but it was at its limit, one hard shift from 2-3rd on 25+psi and 3rd gear deiced it had enough -_-

Not really looking to spend more money into the car as of right now, so going with another stock trans. To get me through the summer, then I can put the car in storage in the winter and address the transmission correctly.

Damn I didn’t know you were on the stock trans

I’ve broken a couple at 400hp

Output shaft that is

But now I went with CD09 & Mavericks plate

Aiming for 800-900hp on new setup
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #270
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

So new version coming soon car is off to the shop for another round of mods, here is whats happening:

Fix transmission
kaaz 1.5 install
Evo/z32 brake setup
painted hood
Uras grill install

and just a good once over the whole car, turned out one of my diff bushings were busted, my engine mounts were loose, and most crazy 1 side axle only had 1 bold let in it, seems like the rest of it vibrated off, very scary.

s14 kouki ka-t

Last edited by turbo2nr; 07-18-2018 at 11:33 AM..