Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
kairojya
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s14 Taking Over This Kouki Project

I've been away from car stuff for quite awhile as I finished up school. In 2008 I had this 1997 240sx:

At the time I couldn't afford to do much more with the car. I became even less interested after having an off along an interstate in the rain:

I also learned an important lesson about trying to buy cheap parts:

I bought an XS Power manifold, recommended to me by a MKIV Supra NA-T owner who used one of them. Well, they make those perfect but the fitment sucks on SR's. The flange was quite a bit off, cylinder #4 runner was hitting a boss on the head, and it was full of slag.

After fucking around it with for a couple days taking it on and off and massaging it to fit, I was a bit frustrated and apparently I took this aggravation out on the turbo oil feed tap on the block while dicking around with the stock hardlines. The result? Developed a common leak from stripping the threads:

Ended up doing one these that became all too familiar:

Acquired a new tool:

Anddd took some portraits of the motor:

I tried some drifting:

Note the quarter panel damage from the interstate slide .

Dyno'd the car at a local supra meet, 205 whp lol

I ended up selling it in 2009 after it sat in my garage for several months. My childhood friend, and avid Nissan enthusiast, picked up the project from me at that point. He daily-drove the car for awhile, and ended up in an unfortunate rear-ending facilitated by a stupid old-fuck ....
kairojya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links