Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-22-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
F1 2022 Thread

Lets start this off properly. . . .

EFFYEW Masi

NOW, hooray for Charles and Carlos for their 1-2 finish last weekend, and congrats to Lewis for making the podium. Crazy to see Haas that far up the field, and it looks like RedBull has a bit of work to be done.

Speculation for next weekend at Jeddah? Will Valteri have another flub at the starting line? Will another honda engine catch fire? (yes i know theyre "RedBull" engines, not "Honda" engines).

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.

Last edited by brndck; 03-23-2022 at 08:15 AM..
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2022, 04:05 PM   #2
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I think Ferrari are going to run away from everyone next weekend. All Ferrari-powered cars will be competitive (despite their drivers).

Red Bull will be taking it easy because I doubt they could do much more than bandaid their electrical issues without causing other problems.

I bet Mercedes will have miraculously found some more speed come Saturday.

Really hoping Mclaren is able to make some leaps and bounds this season, but I can't imagine them getting out of the midfield this season with such a dismal start. Super bummed for Ricciardo, but that's life. I'm sure they'll bounce back next season.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:36 PM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
f1tv is totally worth the subscription, not having to wake up at 2am (just dont go on social media ) , some good documentaries and pre race shows etc =)
Old 03-22-2022, 06:03 PM   #4
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That first race was brilliant. Personally feel it was a poetic outcome, bearing in mind last year's finale.
Happy to see Scuderia being competitive again, and I predict they will maintain that stance for the better part of the season.
RedBull tasted victory last year, and they (by that I mean Maxxy-boy) will probably fight tooth'n'nail for another shiny set of goblets... But Mercedes, is gonna keep on Mercedes-ing. I mean they pulled that hard tire tactic out, and it didn't do them any good, but they still managed to pull through regardless. I'm going to put it out there: Russell is showing to be a much better driver than Bottas, and I won't be surprised to see Russell ahead of Hamilton this year.

I predict next week's outcome to be: Leclerc; Sainz; Hamilton; Verstappen... assuming the redbulls actually make it to the finish line.

But, the real golden driver in my eyes was Magnussen in a Haas, no less! I really hope to see him stay in the top 8 at Jeddah.
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:14 AM   #5
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
yeah that was wild and apparently Redbulls problem is a fuel pump issue with the e10 that was Max's and Checo's problem, Gasly has a power unit problem they think its from the e10 and the temps rising after long runs.. the pumps are apparently spec parts so this could be a issue with all the teams eventually. This year is gonna be great...
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 03:16 PM   #6
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Love the mix up in the grid. Crashtappens tears hydrolocked his engine.

Glad to see ferrari on top (for the moment. At the very least, looking very good).

Hated the 2022 concept car, but its growing on me. Tires seem to suck, have to be super delicate on the out lap. Small window when theyre good. Then quickly drop but stablize to a shitty grip level.

Also, Merc claiming they have the highest drag of the field. So maybe the engine is actually whats saving them?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 04:44 PM   #7
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Also, Merc claiming they have the highest drag of the field. So maybe the engine is actually whats saving them?
Judging by the performance of the other Mercedes-powered cars I'm gonna guess the engine is doing them no favors lol
Old 03-23-2022, 04:57 PM   #8
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
The cars are bigger, heavier, and even look cumbersome in terms of drive ability, but I do love the look. The livery on the Alfa is by far the best on grid. Hoping for a redemption arc for bottas and would love to see the young Schumacher get a podium. The close race fighting looks promising.
The grid will probably get shaken up again after Monaco I hope.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 05:38 PM   #9
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
F1 in Miami & Vegas! Who is attending?
Old 03-29-2022, 12:50 PM   #10
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
F1 in Miami & Vegas! Who is attending?
I tried to get tickets for Miami this year. Sales opened at like 2am and it said it'd be 6 hours until I'd be at the front of the line so I went back to bed. Checked 2 hours later just in case and I had missed my turn and everything had sold out Seeing the resell prices, I'd much rather go see F1 in fuckin Monaco if I'm gonna drop 10k on a weekend

Realistically, Mexico City is probably the best bang-for-the-buck option and it's a much cooler city than fucking Miami or Vegas anyway lol
Old 03-29-2022, 03:08 PM   #11
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
I tried to get tickets for Miami this year. Sales opened at like 2am and it said it'd be 6 hours until I'd be at the front of the line so I went back to bed. Checked 2 hours later just in case and I had missed my turn and everything had sold out Seeing the resell prices, I'd much rather go see F1 in fuckin Monaco if I'm gonna drop 10k on a weekend

Realistically, Mexico City is probably the best bang-for-the-buck option and it's a much cooler city than fucking Miami or Vegas anyway lol
Also, that "miami" track, is not in a very great part of miami LOL. Not exactly close to any tourist destinations and in a heavy residential part of south fl. I'd much rather drop the coin to see it in monaco rather than a washed up stadium that had the parking lot turned into a makeshift track.

I'm curious to see how they are going to handle the volume. Last years GP at COTA was a shitshow after the race broke.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:20 PM   #12
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
I'm curious to see how they are going to handle the volume. Last years GP at COTA was a shitshow after the race broke.
I was planning on hopping on a Bird/Spin/Lime and riding the 20min to/from the airbnb I was gonna book lol driving in/out of that area will definitely be a nightmare that whole week.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:35 PM   #13
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I was planning on hopping on a Bird/Spin/Lime and riding the 20min to/from the airbnb I was gonna book lol driving in/out of that area will definitely be a nightmare that whole week.
Would def be fun. Let's see how racegoers rate that track. The one they were planning for in the area of the port of miami would have been 100x better, logistically and for fans. Buuuuuuut you know how that goes.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:56 PM   #14
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

cali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cali240sxdrifter
hopefully las vegas tickets will be cheaper or able to get a hotel room overlooking the race on the strip.

Garage - 00 S2000, 09 BMW M3 Sedan, 17 Tacoma, 09 BMW Wagon
cali240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:24 PM   #15
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I’m out here rooting for HAAS because K-Mag is back and killing it. Russel out here proving Lewis has lost his touch and Ferrari is back baby!! Let’s go! Good to see checo warming up well with the Redbull.
my 240 broke down..again
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:32 AM   #16
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240boi115 View Post
I?m out here rooting for HAAS because K-Mag is back and killing it. Russel out here proving Lewis has lost his touch and Ferrari is back baby!! Let?s go! Good to see checo warming up well with the Redbull.
Dude how about Bottas!!!! I am with you rooting for K-mag and Haas!!! Totally not a verstap fan.... that guy irks me a bit....
Old 03-31-2022, 04:15 PM   #17
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Totally not a verstap fan.... that guy irks me a bit....
me neither. i hate that guy with a passion. and helmut marko. royal pieces of shit
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:46 PM   #18
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I tried to get tickets for Miami this year. Sales opened at like 2am and it said it'd be 6 hours until I'd be at the front of the line so I went back to bed. Checked 2 hours later just in case a much cooler city than fucking Miami or Vegas anyway lol
Damn I didn't even know they had something in Miami.
Sheesh I'm gonna have to stalk out these Vegas tickets!

Now if only I had some friends to go with.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:30 PM   #19
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My wife had me promise to watch the race this weekend.

I haven't watched F1 in more than a decade. I know no one. This'll be fun.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:38 PM   #20
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
My wife had me promise to watch the race this weekend.

I haven't watched F1 in more than a decade. I know no one. This'll be fun.
Chose a good time to come back to it now that it's not just the Merceds show.

Curious to see if Merceds and McLaren will have been able to make any improvements since the last race or if they'll just be playing catchup all year.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:34 PM   #21
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Mercedes and McLaren had a pretty decent weekend! Hoping to see more Checo podiums this year. Still a lot of racing left but probably safe to say Charles has WDC in the bag
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 03:33 PM   #22
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
Hoping to see more Checo podiums this year.
same. i still can't believe he almost didn't have a seat lol

i just want to see Seb in a competitive car again </3
Old 05-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #23
deolio
Post Whore!

Is this weekend gonna be a shitshow or what
Old 05-04-2022, 01:21 PM   #24
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Is this weekend gonna be a shitshow or what
its gonna be a wild time in the marina for sure

Quote:
Old 05-04-2022, 08:12 PM   #25
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
I've watched the past couple of races and... they're just as boring as I remember.

Yeah, yeah, there's strategy involved but holy hell it's like watching Miatas run 8 and 9 on Big Willow.
Old 05-09-2022, 02:56 PM   #26
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I've watched the past couple of races and... they're just as boring as I remember.

Yeah, yeah, there's strategy involved but holy hell it's like watching Miatas run 8 and 9 on Big Willow.
idk man i thought yesterday was pretty exciting. lots of good midfield battles, bottas was doing really well for the majority of the race. i was hoping charles would be able to pressure max after the safety car restart but it appears the ferraris have tire deg issues. The marina looked amazing

only thing i didn't like was after the vettel and mick crash, TONS of debris left on course and they didn't clean it off. They just said "ah theres only 2 laps left, send it", rather than bring out a safety car and finish the race under a yellow or even a red flag.

o wale.

At least Sainz didn't get shafted this race, both RBR finished, even tho checo was having that weird power loss at the beginning.

did anyone ever hear why zhou DNF'd?

Quote:
Old 05-09-2022, 03:51 PM   #27
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

If they were all like Miami, I'd retract my previous statement. That course was exciting, the racing was good, the strategy was actually fun to watch unfold. Was engaged the whole time because everyone was racing.

Zhou said something about "temp," I think, over the radio but I think there was conversation in the background and I didn't hear it all. F1.com says engine problems and he mentions in an interview that he was asked to cool the engine.

I was trying to watch the tires for issues and I couldn't see what they were seeing. One of the pit stops did show a tire with fairly significant, but narrow, wear band on the innermost tread.
Old 05-09-2022, 05:19 PM   #28
deolio
Post Whore!

I thought for sure RBR would be having a retirement or two based on the practice sessions. I think the tides are turning and Ferrari has lost the edge they had at the start of the season. They gotta figure out their straight line speed and tire wear issues if they wanna cling to that lead.

Glad that hard tire strategy worked out for Russel.

Albon is proving to be deserving of that 2nd chance. Funny how Williams flip-flopped from good quali/bad race pace to good race/bad quali pace from last year.

Not sure if bonehead move of the day goes to Norris or Schumacher, but there sure were a TON of errors made in that race.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:27 PM   #29
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Seeing Checo outbrake himself while attempting to overtake Carlos sucked, but I'm still really happy to see him doing so well with RBR. Carlos finally catching a break and snagging that podium was cool.

The Norris/Gasly incident was dumb. Gasly could have easily stayed more to the right and Norris could have kept to the left. I do understand why Norris wanted to rush back onto the racing line and avoid the dirty part of the track, but come on.

Mick also could have easily avoided that contact with Vettel. It definitely felt like he dive bombed that corner and couldn't slow down in time.

Random question: Has anyone found out if hotels can be booked for the Vegas 2023 race? We're wanting to book something that overlooks the track/strip from the room and figured we'd get something locked in advance.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:43 AM   #30
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Random question: Has anyone found out if hotels can be booked for the Vegas 2023 race? We're wanting to book something that overlooks the track/strip from the room and figured we'd get something locked in advance.
count me in.

the real trick will be, booking a room and GUARANTEEING that it has a view of the race circuit. I have a feeling a lot of ppl are gonna pay stupid amounts for a room, then show up for race weekend, thinking they'll have a view of the track, and find out they can't see shit.

Quote: