Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:29 PM   #91
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
you plan on making that hood fit?

No sir, i was just taking cracks at mustang owners and paisa drift. My friend is out of town for training and had me pick it up at greyhound while he's out.

Quote:
Whatd you use to make such a nice polish for the rails?

Red and white rouge on an 8" buffing wheel

Quote:
did you clean up headlights too?

They are glass

Quote:
are you considering a bashbar for all the roadkill?

I have a bolt on bash bar installed in the pic. It was made to fit with the zenki blinkers. I'm not sure if the entire "cow plow" style bar setup would even fit. I plan to get a skid plate for road kill, however, i haven't yet looked into whether they fit with JZ swaps or not.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #92
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
I can't stand disassembling calipers, the pistons have to be the most annoying thing ever to try and remove. Gotta do it to get the color changed though.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #93
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Another small insignificant update. Ended up finding a little bit of time to make the lines for the oil cooler.

These canle cutters make quick work of the nylon braided lines. Tried them on some -10 SS hose and there wasn't even a chance of them cutting though. These small cutters I found will cut up to -10 nylon hose.

Lines running from the cooler.

Ran the lines through this extremely convenient hole made at the factory. Thanks for thinking ahead Nissan.

And down to the block.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-02-2016, 10:16 PM   #94
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Nice! Motivating me to work on my heap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #95
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Goodnight my children. Tomorrow I drop you off at the beauty shop.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #96
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
::heavy breathing::
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #97
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Nice collection of rims, you've got there... I like where this is going!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:02 AM   #98
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Thanks! I need to sell the VS-XX's soon and the SP1's are my friend's wheels.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #99
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Props on the build man - great work. Stay after it!!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:04 PM   #100
Mister.E
Post Whore!

I removed the NISMO 2 way so that I can get it drilled out to accept the 13mm ring gear bolts for the 3.69 final drive setup that I picked up.

Also, split the calipers in half to get them ready for powder coating. I still need to grind the letters off of the rear calipers before taking them in.

Just last night these output shafts showed up. Time to source some 350z axles.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #101
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Pulled out the Koyo KA radiator and slapped in a brand new SR20 N-Flo radiator. Decided to just remedy this now prior to it becoming an actual issue later on down the road. I noticed this bleeder port that was not present on the undivided core of the KA radiator and it has given me some additional ideas for this cooling system.

Now that the inlet pipe is going to be on the opposite side, I shipped the coolant neck and PBM swirl pot out to Stewart Leask to have some trick JZ bits fabbed up. Can't wait to get this piece back, I've had this in mind for a while so it will be nice to see my idea created and put to use.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #102
Mister.E
Post Whore!

E's '95 S14 Build - The true "forever" build

Some progress pics of Stew's work on my water neck swirl pot for the 1J

Old 07-04-2016, 08:59 PM   #103
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
I love Stewart's aluminum work. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:23 PM   #104
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Very very clean!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:35 AM   #105
EnvisionMore
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EnvisionMore is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Never seen the swirl pot done like that before, looks very nice
EnvisionMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #106
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Stew does some great things. He's an inspiration for all of us small-time fabricators.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #107
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Yeah he was definitely the person that I needed to do this; his work is super clean. I'm hoping to learn how to weld once I have the majority of this build completed.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:46 PM   #108
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Bump for updates

Eliminated the factory cluster temp gauge (since the JZ sensor doesn't work with the 240 cluster) and had a bung welded on to use my Defi gauge instead to monitor my temps.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:36 PM   #109
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Got the final product back from Stew. Looks like everything that I could have asked for, I'm in love with this piece.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:17 AM   #110
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Dude that looks badass
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:42 AM   #111
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

i saw his IG post this morning. that cap is bad ass. and the piece in general is really good. i've been wanting to do something similar with my VQ for a while.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:59 AM   #112
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
Dude that looks badass

Thanks, I really think it turned out great. I need to either hit it with some polish or get it coated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
i saw his IG post this morning. that cap is bad ass. and the piece in general is really good. i've been wanting to do something similar with my VQ for a while.

The cap came from Phase2, it feels like such a quality piece when you are holding it. I can't wait for my car to actually drive so I can put it to use.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:03 PM   #113
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
That's a really nice piece you had fabbed up! Loving the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #114
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Function and Form

Love it
Old 07-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #115
Mister.E
Post Whore!

So the front fenders have been sold.

Then the wheels sold.

And then the rear fenders sold.

Stay tuned for updates! [emoji111]🏻️
Old 07-26-2016, 07:35 PM   #116
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Coming along nicely. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!
Old 07-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #117
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Sorry for the lack of updates! We've gone weeks at ridiculously high temperatures, like 110+, and I haven't been able to work on the car. I decided to hit these bolts with a wire wheel on the bench grinder to clean them up, though. Anyone care to guess what they are for? Free hug to the winner. [emoji16]

Old 07-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #118
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
engine block
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:59 PM   #119
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
engine block

Negative sir. They are the bolts that hold the caliper halves together. I had to order a bunch of things for the rear brakes that I thought I had already purchased, so yeah....

Assembly pending delivery. They are the same color as my valve covers: Krome + Candy Blue

Old 07-29-2016, 06:13 AM   #120
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
I forgot that was part of the car
But great color choice nonetheless, did you do it yourself?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk