Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
s14 ls1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
s14 ls1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s14 ls1 wire harness help!

okay so iv been doing some research online and cant find my answers. So im doing a ls1 swap in my 95 zenki s14 and im looking for a ls1 harness that has connectors for the fuse box and the wind shield wipers but i found this harness http://www.wiringspecialties.com/wsprls1ins14.html and it doesnt have a ecu for it and so my question is what ecu do you use? Next this wiring harness has an option for 5 peed swap and i have a t56 so obviously thus harness wouldnt work right? And so i was looking and i seen this wiring harness http://currentperformance.com/LS2.html. i dont think this has a s14 fuse box connectors and or windshield wiper connector so can anyone tell me what they did and what wire harness did they use? i have a 5.3l ls motor, can only put ls1 ls2 and ls6 parts on it.
s14 ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14 ls1 View Post
okay so iv been doing some research online and cant find my answers. So im doing a ls1 swap in my 95 zenki s14 and im looking for a ls1 harness that has connectors for the fuse box and the wind shield wipers but i found this harness http://www.wiringspecialties.com/wsprls1ins14.html and it doesnt have a ecu for it and so my question is what ecu do you use? Next this wiring harness has an option for 5 peed swap and i have a t56 so obviously thus harness wouldnt work right? And so i was looking and i seen this wiring harness http://currentperformance.com/LS2.html. i dont think this has a s14 fuse box connectors and or windshield wiper connector so can anyone tell me what they did and what wire harness did they use? i have a 5.3l ls motor, can only put ls1 ls2 and ls6 parts on it.
I don't think you are understanding that the selections provided are where you provide them with specifics for your swap.

I have just recently ordered this harness my self.

The wiring harness is plug and play with your chassis and any compatible LSx ECU, such as the ones listed on the page where you select options before ordering.

I too have a 95 S14 that was originally automatic and has been converted to 5 speed.

I selected:
No ABS, because my car doesn't have it
Chassis year, 95-96
F-Body Engine, because of the AEM ECU I am using
T56 only, as I will not be using an automatic
Auto to manual, as my chassis was converted to manual
No A/C, cause I like to sweat
No HPTuners, because I am running AEM

The harness covers everything in the swap and includes the charge harness and interface at the chassis connector for Cluster operation, fuel pump control, etc. If you have questions/concerns they are generally quite helpful on the phone.

Last edited by NISR20MO; 04-21-2014 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Add more info
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
s14 ls1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISR20MO View Post
I don't think you are understanding that the selections provided are where you provide them with specifics for your swap.

I have just recently ordered this harness my self.

The wiring harness is plug and play with your chassis and any compatible LSx ECU, such as the ones listed on the page where you select options before ordering.

I too have a 95 S14 that was originally automatic and has been converted to 5 speed.

I selected:
No ABS, because my car doesn't have it
Chassis year, 95-96
F-Body Engine, because of the AEM ECU I am using
T56 only, as I will not be using an automatic
Auto to manual, as my chassis was converted to manual
No A/C, cause I like to sweat
No HPTuners, because I am running AEM
so it does work with t 56 and where did you get your ecu from? you have pics of it connecting to your ecu?
Old 04-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14 ls1 View Post
so it does work with t 56 and where did you get your ecu from? you have pics of it connecting to your ecu?
I am still waiting on my harness as they are being produced currently. Yes it works with the options you select, so if you pick T56 only it will work with that. The ECU I was going to originally use was a OEM PCM commonly reffered to as a "411" ecu/pcm, whatever you prefer. The harness as it is designed plugs into almost any ECU that you will find controlling a Gen III/IV LSx or truck motor in most any newer GM.

The ECU I have is a standalone by AEM that directly replaces the stock factory ECU/PCM.

I am building a L33 5.3 truck motor. I suggest you look at silviav8forums.com and ls1tech.com and even performancetrucks.com for some helpful info about the motors. And also to get a good understanding of what is involved in the swap.

Last edited by NISR20MO; 04-21-2014 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: kant focking spell
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
s14 ls1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISR20MO View Post
I am still waiting on my harness as they are being produced currently. Yes it works with the options you select, so if you pick T56 only it will work with that. The ECU I was going to originally use was a OEM PCM commonly reffered to as a "411" ecu/pcm, whatever you prefer. The harness as it is designed plugs into almost any ECU that you will find controlling a Gen III/IV LSx or truck motor in most any newer GM.

The ECU I have is a standalone by AEM that directly replaces the stock factory ECU/PCM.

I am building a L33 5.3 truck motor. I suggest you look at silviav8forums.com and ls1tech.com and even performancetrucks.com for some helpful info about the motors. And also to get a good understanding of what is involved in the swap.
okay thanks and yea im doing the same exact swap.