Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
RoadRaceCoupe13

Trader Rating: (0)
RoadRaceCoupe13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which engine?

Hello everyone, forgive me if this has been asked already. I did a search on the forums but did not find a related post. That said if I missed it would someone provide the link please?

Ok my question. I have a 92 240 coupe. I want to make it a track runner on the weekends but still maintain some daily drivability. At first I was thinking SR20DET swap. I love the engine and it seems to make great power with reliability. But then my buddy said why not just beef up the KA? My car has a KA out of a 95 with around 76k miles on it.

What are the thoughts on the two setups?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Old 06-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #3
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Old 06-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Old 06-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

This has been covered a million and a half times in the last 20something years. If you search you will find your answer, as well as some gnarly arguments.
No need to add on to them

And I write too!
Closed Thread