Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
namawon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
namawon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm beginning to hate the 240sx scene.

I swear the 240sx scene is getting almost as bad as the mainstream Honda scene.
So many un-educated, rude people in this scene lately.
Its amazing what you get when you're trying to sell your car.
I don't even want to answer them back sometimes, it just like "did they really just say that? wow. Were you educated in a barn somewhere?"
Anyway, rant over.
Im sure other people have dealt with this.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Well, you live in pizzle. Things aren't looking too good to start with.

But yeah, there has definitely been a large influx of people who don't care about the car, they just want something so other people will tell them they're cool.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well yeah there's lots of douchebags, an brndck noted. (anyone who tells you about how many s chassis they owned, does NOT love 240s, for instance. Especially if they ever parted a un-wrecked car.)

But, how could you expect smart questions from people who don't own the car? They're not in the scene, they want in - and if they've seen a douchey scene, set them strait on it, help them out and help the scene out (if you don't, they'll just buy one from someone who doesn't care as much)
Old 01-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
kpnasty
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kpnasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
alot of people are elitist pricks, which i find funny. but ive also met alot of awesome people i now consider good friends. live and let die i guess
Old 01-28-2014, 11:43 PM   #5
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
It doesn't matter what scene you're in, you'll always get idiots that know nothing, fan boys that want to impress their friends, and usually meet a small group of people that end up being awesome friends. Choose wisely and make entertainment of the others. Lol
Old 01-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

mrturboextreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by namawon View Post
I swear the 240sx scene is getting almost as bad as the mainstream Honda scene.
So many un-educated, rude people in this scene lately.
Its amazing what you get when you're trying to sell your car.
I don't even want to answer them back sometimes, it just like "did they really just say that? wow. Were you educated in a barn somewhere?"
Anyway, rant over.
Im sure other people have dealt with this.
^^This is spot on. Trying to buy or sell an S chassis anymore is so painful. It took me a while to find one after I returned from my deployment. Everything I found was either destroyed to the point of no return because the owner didnt care about it, or WAY overpriced. I paid 600 bucks for my first 89 back in 2005 all stock single cam but was in great shape. Cant find anything like that anymore it seems.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I'm DEFINITELY an elitist prick.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
namawon
Zilvia Member

namawon is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha yeah, port saint lucie as a whole isn't a great place for cars.
It seems like no one really knows what a 240sx is really, they just want something "tyte" to drift in.
That's fine and all, just do it in a beat down, broke car. Not a car that's been babied for five years.
Top questions when selling an s13:
Open diff?
5 lug?
On coils?
All the while, all the questions they're asking me are already on the for sale ad.
Also, asking for pictures, when all of them are already on the ad.
No one asks hardly, hows it run? Always serviced on time? Any accidents?
I swear man.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
pablito_s13
Leaky Injector

pablito_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
You sound like a honda guy, complaining about other honda guys. Even though they are all in the same group
Old 01-30-2014, 05:16 AM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I stopped trying to associate with most S-chassis owners cuz most of them nowadays are douchebags. It got to the point that I started throwing used parts away because I'd rather not deal with these low balling fucks.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 AM   #11
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Op fine....leave. Chances are you did NOTHING to change anything. And "scene"..such a horrible word.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #12
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
Op fine....leave. Chances are you did NOTHING to change anything. And "scene"..such a horrible word.
scene is a horrible word i agree. personally i am part of no scene and am perfectly happy. there is no "scene" around here. i spot 240s rarely around here and personally don't know anyone that has a 240.
i've always liked 240s and just wanted one. it took me several months to find one that wasn't in a wreck and had straight body panels and or frame and ran good. it was 10 times easier finding good older muscle cars or conquests when i was looking than it was to find a good 240.

but anyways just do your own thing and stay away from the "scene".
Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #13
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I stopped trying to associate with most S-chassis owners cuz most of them nowadays are douchebags. It got to the point that I started throwing used parts away because I'd rather not deal with these low balling fucks.
Pretty much how I felt. I was getting along with more Mustang and Camaro guys than 240/import people...which eventually led to me selling it.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I have a shed full of KA & SR parts and yeah I so rather not deal with some snot nose zit faced punk! For me it was neva about the scene. Most Honda guys have made the transition when they realized what the actual meaning of torque steer was!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:18 AM   #15
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
Most Honda guys have made the transition when they realized what the actual meaning of torque steer was!
What does that have to do with anything? When people say shit like this, they tend to be 'those' people who the OP was talking about.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #16
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Hobbs...its all irrelevant. Op wants to act like Kanye, this "scene" is the funniest shit ive heard. Why cant someone be into a hobby without a fanbase? I was into legos as a kid, but got out when it got flooded with dupoblox.... So dumb
Old 01-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #17
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Hobbs...its all irrelevant. Op wants to act like Kanye, this "scene" is the funniest shit ive heard. Why cant someone be into a hobby without a fanbase? I was into legos as a kid, but got out when it got flooded with dupoblox.... So dumb
I understand where he's coming from, selling parts for these cars has become a hassle, I've only had one single sale in the past year where someone paid my asking price plus shipping, no haggling, no "oh I didn't mention after going back and forth that I don't even have the cash yet". While I understand the price point will attract younger folks it seems like a majority of people that own 240's are just really fucking stupid.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #18
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
hell im still into legos and probably older than 95% of the people on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
I understand where he's coming from, selling parts for these cars has become a hassle, I've only had one single sale in the past year where someone paid my asking price plus shipping, no haggling, no "oh I didn't mention after going back and forth that I don't even have the cash yet". While I understand the price point will attract younger folks it seems like a majority of people that own 240's are just really fucking stupid.
i guess that depends on what you're selling. some of the asking prices i've seen for used parts in the classified section on here are preposterous. i can really see it going both ways. but then again there really is no "pricing guide" for this kind of stuff.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #19
Doobster

Doobster is an unknown quantity at this point
Scenes dead, everyone is a fanboy, I never see anyone build a car for themselves anymore, it's always about impressing others with a sticker covered hood or plasti dipped wheels like every car on speed hunters.

Recently, I sold my 240 and dealt with the losers low balling or trying to get money from their dads. Luckily there was that one dude that had the respect for the car, there is some hope out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #20
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
Pretty much how I felt. I was getting along with more Mustang and Camaro guys than 240/import people...which eventually led to me selling it.
As soon as I get a chance to sell the S14, clear out all my CC debt and survive the AF's 2014/2015 Retention Games...I'm getting a damn C6 Z06.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #21
alexnettles

alexnettles is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha sorry for haggling with you Hobbs.. Anyways.. There are definitely people that want to always feel superior to everyone else by talking big/taking shit/giving you their opinion without you asking. I live in a relatively small town in Mississippi, and sometimes go to Birmingham to meets or whatever, there are some cool people there, and there are definitely douches. It's funny that 240s are so popular.. It's like skateboarding.. I was the only one at my school but now every teenager dresses like one. It sucks, but it's also good in some ways, like lots of people with second-hand parts not just incredibly expensive stuff that had to be shipped from Japan. Also.. I don't know why this was originally mentioned, but I've got no problem telling people I've had three s13s in the past 12 years.. The first was a '91 hatch. Beaten to death from gravel road drifting and delivering pizza, the engine gave out at ~205k I think. The second, I paid $600 for. Flawless '90 hatch, but non-running, so I paid XAT Racing in Tampa to put an SR in it. Sadly, it was the victim of my first DUI, only six months later. Yeah. I'm an alcoholic(3 years sober in two days). The '92 hatch I have now, I bought before I even got my license back. I remember always wanting an s14, but when I saw that red beauty parked out in front of a used car lot, I fell in love. Bought it two days later, having only some vague idea of how to work a clutch.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #22
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
^How do you have zero posts?

I got rid of my 240 before this one, because I was tired of the people getting into the cars.

After about a year or so I was looking for one again.

It doesn't matter if I don't care for the people, I love the cars. I don't think I'll ever be without one again.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #23
Zeratul
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Zeratul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
And "scene"..such a horrible word.
You can also add "game" to that list.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:58 AM   #24
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
As soon as I get a chance to sell the S14, clear out all my CC debt and survive the AF's 2014/2015 Retention Games...I'm getting a damn C6 Z06.
Damn, the good ol' Chair Force is slimming down? And I thought I was being toyed with when they gave me a line number for SSgt in August and denied my base of preference in September...and that was in 2007, at the height of our involvement overseas.

Sounds like they're really putting the screws to people. :/

Hopefully it works out for ya, man. But, if it comes to it, there's plenty of good paying jobs out there for ex military, especially if you are in maintenance like me.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:39 AM   #25
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Well, Im over the hump so I'm trying to get that pension at this point. Talking about cutting down 25,000 folks in the next 5 yrs. They're doing all kinds of programs and retention boards to get the numbers down. Welcome to the 1 fuck up and you're out Air Force and hold your breath your AFSC at your rank isn't overmanned or you have not had a PT failure in the last few years.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 AM   #26
alexnettles

I was wondering that myself. Probably because I use this tapatalk app for trolling forums

Old 01-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #27
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The 240 scene is idiots who smack their car into a wall trying to drift and assholes who think they are better than everyone. There are very few real people in this scene, and those very few people generally stay away from everyone because they're treated like shit for no reason by other 240 guys. I could go on and on.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #28
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i got into 240sx's because i love the way they look and ive seen good builds that inspire me to make em look better. i follow no scene or trend or friggin game just my own thoughts on how my car should look. true ive gotten ideas from others but who hasn't?!?! i can honestly say ( especially in the Honda and Nissan scene) its hard to be "original" and that shouldn't be the issue. build the car to your own liking's, people don't like it? well screw them the haters arent the ones with the pinkslip to the car are they? i have respect for those who are older on here and have actually seen the car scene evolve to where it is today they have the right to truely give a less biased opinion on the sway of the car scene. OP your 21....what have you contributed to any type of "fad" you know how they start? people have the balls to start a trend and it eventually sticks.... like the bosoku thing in japan.. do i like the ridiculous exhausts they mount on their cars? no. do i post threads bashing them for what they do? no. so what exactly gives you the god card of judgment here?? yes im aware im young and have my own thoughts but, i also know that not everything i think is right always is.
my 240 broke down..again
Old 01-31-2014, 11:47 PM   #29
RavenSpirit

RavenSpirit is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a 91 240sx because my stepdad had one and I used to like it. Loved that car. Had it for a few months, and sold it before I deployed in 2010. Years later, I'm kicking myself square in the ass because it was a good condition, unmolested 240sx that I could have taken the 8k I came back from deployment with and done a V8 swap to it. Instead, I took the car I paid 3k for and sold it for 750 because it had what I now know to be minor issues... plus I didn't want to hassle with it being stored... I have learned a lot about cars since then, and I can't believe I sold it for that little due to the minor problems I had with the car and my own laziness.

I want another S13, badly...

On the subject of the "scene", OPs post is the reason I don't go to car meets and such anymore. Everyone wants to tell me what to do with my car or why their car is better, especially on the import/tuner side of things. It irks me.

I'm also kind of scared to try and buy a 240SX again because most of them are beat to hell and drifted and wrecked, salvage title, etc. I'd love to find a nice, clean title stocker like I had before. My stepfather's was a mint condition stock black coupe, and he loved that thing... if only if only
Old 02-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #30
alexnettles

I had to watch a 99%clean, completely untouched, gold '90 coupe go to the crusher a few months ago. It was pretty sad.

Closed Thread