Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 09-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #121
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes you are right the government does only see in $$ thats why alot of things in the US will never work. Because the government wants there money first before anyone else gets to benefit. And sadly but yes I myself agree that there is no way that the government will charge less then the streets. But I am right on that would be the smart thing to do in that situation charge less then the streets. Thats the only way ppl will buy from the government rather then the streets.

Im sure they would purchase the quantities from somewhere else just because of outsourcing. It would plain out be cheaper to have some other country grow and buy it from them rather then spend the extra money to do it our selfs. Just like you said the government only see's $$ and thats why half this country is jobless fucking outsourcing.

and I quote " frankly most of the US is not mature enough for something like this." I totally believe this too.

Idk how much they would tax but I do know this. Right now the marijuana tax in Oakland it is $18 for every $1000 that a medical marijuana business makes and thats not that bad at all imo.

Now I dont think its fair that there are state's that you just get a ticket for anything under 28g's or so. But here in FL I go to court or jail and have to take a drug class for having 1g. That is not fair to me, how about if you get cought u have a ticket that you have to pay that way its still tech illegal but our courts and jails will have alot less ppl and the government still gets money.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #122
Dalton918
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dalton918 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
gov. would never take a loss, that's business bruh.

Say you want to buy a hotel room and the room is 300$.

Now go to that same hotel and rent 50 rooms, its not going to be 15 grand, you woould get a discount

Supply and demand is very simple economics.
Dalton918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #123
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton918 View Post
gov. would never take a loss, that's business bruh.

Say you want to buy a hotel room and the room is 300$.

Now go to that same hotel and rent 50 rooms, its not going to be 15 grand, you woould get a discount

Supply and demand is very simple economics.
I have to disagree with you there on all your points. There is such a thing as "acceptable" losses. If it promotes or grows your business over time. Your a business for long term success not short term profits (ESPECIALLY a GOVERNMENT). And to the hotel comment alot of places do BULK discounts because they are already making considerable margins, it looks like they are cutting you a deal while still making plenty. Supply and demand is simple economics that you don't seem to grasp...
Old 09-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #124
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever. Nothing would happen if they legalized pot. Nothing.

Well, actually, they'd probably have less people caught up in the legal system - which, IMHO, would be a good thing.

Pot has been decriminalized in the Netherlands for decades now and they don't have any problems.

The streets aren't dirty or littered with drug corpses.

There aren't gangs shooting it out in the streets.

And people aren't breaking into cars to pawn shit to get their fix.

Consumption is a personal choice, and it shouldn't be up to the government to decide what you can and can't put in your body.

Peace.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #125
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

There are actually alot of places in the world that marijuana is decriminalized and they are doing good. Yes that would be a totally good thing that our court/jail systems would not be over flowing with simple marijuana charges. But if ppl keep getting in trouble that means the government will keep making money. Shit theres over 700000 people in our jails for marijuana. Just think if all those ppl were out how much tax money we could save not having to pay for new jails/inmate clothes/inmate food ect ect . Yes I love the fact we are a "free country" but yet we still have ppl watching us telling us what we cant do.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #126
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
Ok, here is the documentary I was looking for earlier that I wanted to show you guys.

Its called:

THE UNION: The business behind getting high.

The Union

Check it out and let me know. Positive or Negative details
i was just about to say ...

it will never be fully legalized in the US. like amsterdam . i like the fact they you need to get approved from a DR. better then goin to the store and buyin a sack.

But at the same time DR.'s dont like that because they dont like patients growin their own medicine, unlike gettin your loratabs,somas or zanex ect. ..

sucks .. but oh well

btw if anybody goes on HULU there is a documentary about Jack Herer. I would advice to watch it.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:56 AM   #127
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post

it will never be fully legalized in the US. like amsterdam .
it's not "fully legalized" in Amsterdam.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:23 AM   #128
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
it's not "fully legalized" in Amsterdam.
that is true .. right now the goverment is bust'n coffee shops all over the place not only in Amsterdam but also spain

but its more legal then what it is here in the U.S
Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #129
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
theres money to be made in sending people to jail...i do agree that the decriminilization of marijuana should take place, its a complete waste of my tax dollars...period.. im in florida, and i know that less than 20 or so grams is 100 dollar fine, one of my neighbors had a run in, but didnt have his i.d. so he spent the night in the clink....from my research vaporizers are a lil bit safer cuz there is no smoking involved....but breathing in steam isnt safe either...smoking aint safe, however if u CHOOSE to, then excuse me while i light my spliff!

LEGALIZE IT!!!

in all honesty i would rather someone smoke cannibus, than cigs...and if america legalized it, i wouldnt smoke it, just like any connoissuer there should be limits to anything...keep ur intoxication off the streets where you will be in danger to yourself and others...thats what i agree with.. be safe
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #130
BTP
Zilvia Member

BTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreakDrifter View Post
theres money to be made in sending people to jail...i do agree that the decriminilization of marijuana should take place, its a complete waste of my tax dollars...period.. im in florida, and i know that less than 20 or so grams is 100 dollar fine, one of my neighbors had a run in, but didnt have his i.d. so he spent the night in the clink....from my research vaporizers are a lil bit safer cuz there is no smoking involved....but breathing in steam isnt safe either...smoking aint safe, however if u CHOOSE to, then excuse me while i light my spliff!

LEGALIZE IT!!!

in all honesty i would rather someone smoke cannibus, than cigs...and if america legalized it, i wouldnt smoke it, just like any connoissuer there should be limits to anything...keep ur intoxication off the streets where you will be in danger to yourself and others...thats what i agree with.. be safe
we all need to smoke a blunt the world would be a better place.
BTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #131
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

[QUOTE=JesusFreakDrifter;3038238 im in florida, and i know that less than 20 or so grams is 100 dollar fine, one of my neighbors had a run in, but didnt have his i.d. [/QUOTE]

Where do you get this info?? I also live in FL and if the cop catch you with anything you are going to jail then to court. What ID because you can only have a medical marijuana Id in the 13 or so states that are pro medical marijuana.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #132
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

LEGALIZE IT!!!

Let us break it down here. Sure there is money to made with people in prison. To be honest I still haven't seen a solid reason to have Marijuana decriminalized. I don't see how its a waste of tax dollars though? The fines create more capital. I do not live in Florida but from my understanding it is CRIMINAL to carry any amount of marijuana in Florida, whether one gram or a kilo.

"LEGALIZE IT!!!" -> No.

Lets be frank here again, this is kind of attitude that does nothing but HURT the people who are actually Pro-Marijuana. The people who have no real argument but insist on being involved in things they do not understand. I would 110% rather have the person next to me smoking a cigarette than a joint. You have NO IDEA how the individual will actually act when they are "high". You do realize not everybody just gets all giggly and happy? Some people get aggressive and/or paranoid?

Quote:
keep ur intoxication off the streets where you will be in danger to yourself and others
Only statement I agree with in your entire horribly spelled paragraph of vomit.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #133
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
Where do you get this info?? I also live in FL and if the cop catch you with anything you are going to jail then to court. What ID because you can only have a medical marijuana Id in the 13 or so states that are pro medical marijuana.
experience,,,where are u,? in fort lauderdale it is cut throat but, yea, my peoples been telling me about the fines....there cats smoking in the parks all day...but these are more urban areas, not sure about suburbs...like coral springs and parkland....they may have a zero tolerance deal or something lol

and Sleepy240, there is a lot i can say, but wont, i'll just say this tho....the money wasted jailing teens with a with nickel bag of herb could be spent actually finding pedophiles, and serial killers and rapists...i absolutely do not care wat you choose to do to yourself, that is ur choice..smoke...dont smoke...watever...however i would rather see marijuana accepted in and used in the many ways that it has to offer...and it does..then hear about another disclaimer (ie)**has ur loved one suffered or died from taking our AMERICAN DRUG ADMINSTRATION approved product** i know wat people are capable of...but yes u are right under the influence might be a different story...but that isnt just marijuana...thats codeine, thats zanex, thats zoloft, high blood pressure medicine, ADD medication...excuse me but these are all products that cause many disturbing side effects not related to someones already natural statis...i rather someone smoking marijuana around me and have the possibility of doing something stupid (in reality i dont chill with such persons) than taking depression medication and turning suicidal and distant...(i.e. cannabis is being used in research as a cure to depression/ cancer regression/ asthma/ insomnia/ sleep apnia/hypertension.. i can keep going if u want...)the only reason the research isnt as extensive is because it isnt being funded...who in the world working at the CDC or FDA, ADA or cancer research institute wants to hear that something can actually cure these diseases, with little to no effort at all...i'll go ahead and answer that for you. for a country with no moral to begin with...*scoff* please!! the product is going to continually be smoked, sold, worn, and people are going to go to jail because of it...in all honesty thats just the major reason it isnt legal yet, more money is to be made jailing folk then serving them lol

last i checked on ocala sheriffs offices, an inmate was booked on less than 20grams of canibus, with no set bail amount, he was prolly out the next day
like i told u this same story happened to someone i know

however i will agree, i just read wat i wrote yesterday and yea it was vomit. , but if ur ready to get serious then i will too...bless
Old 09-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #134
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Lets be frank here again, this is kind of attitude that does nothing but HURT the people who are actually Pro-Marijuana. The people who have no real argument but insist on being involved in things they do not understand. I would 110% rather have the person next to me smoking a cigarette than a joint. You have NO IDEA how the individual will actually act when they are "high". You do realize not everybody just gets all giggly and happy? Some people get aggressive and/or paranoid?
From when this thread was started I was 110% for decrem/legalize of marijuana. But from watching The Union and hearing other peoples opinions I have changed my mind. I still think it should be illegal BUT I think that they should not have as harsh punishments going to jail/court for having alittle weed is fucking stupid plan out. How about they give out a ticket if you have under a set amount, anything over that amount then you have to go to court or something. I am 110% with you when I dont want some random ppl smoking next to me because yes everyone acts a different way when they are high but on that note we drink next to random ppl every day/night and alcohol effects ppl harder then pot does.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #135
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
experience,,,where are u,? in fort lauderdale it is cut throat but, yea, my peoples been telling me about the fines....there cats smoking in the parks all day...but these are more urban areas, not sure about suburbs...like coral springs and parkland....they may have a zero tolerance deal or something lol
Im in Tampa ill have to check into this.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #136
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
I am 110% with you when I dont want some random ppl smoking next to me because yes everyone acts a different way when they are high but on that note we drink next to random ppl every day/night and alcohol effects ppl harder then pot does.
So please explain why weed should be illegal and alcohol should not.
This statement is contradictory to your earlier statement of....

Quote:
I still think it should be illegal BUT I think that they should not have as harsh punishments going to jail/court for having alittle weed is fucking stupid plan out.

and....

Quote:
How about they give out a ticket if you have under a set amount, anything over that amount then you have to go to court or something.
They already do that here in California, the point is that the punishment of being put on probation for a minimum of 2 years for said amounts (of weed) is a waste of California state resources.
Another reason the city of Oakland is trying to recoup by charging taxes.

Especially when the people that are getting caught (growing or distributing) are generally 20-35 college type people and are usually working toward a better means of living or higher education (no pun intended). They are not these mafioso Mexicans or fucking al qaeda terrorists they try to portray in those anti- drug commercials. I have had numerous probation officers tell me (when I was on probation with them) that they dont care about weed in urine test and they wish that they would take if off the offense list. they consider it a waste of time to have to hunt down non-criminals for dirty tests.
As a result a lot of probation officers dont even register it as a dirty test. Its not even worth the paperwork.

sorry to pick apart your statement.
I have a tendency to do that when Im ....
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #137
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
So please explain why weed should be illegal and alcohol should not.
This statement is contradictory to your earlier statement of....

and....

They already do that here in California, the point is that the punishment of being put on probation for a minimum of 2 years for said amounts (of weed) is a waste of California state resources.
Another reason the city of Oakland is trying to recoup by charging taxes.

Especially when the people that are getting caught (growing or distributing) are generally 20-35 college type people and are usually working toward a better means of living or higher education (no pun intended). They are not these mafioso Mexicans or fucking al qaeda terrorists they try to portray in those anti- drug commercials. I have had numerous probation officers tell me (when I was on probation with them) that they dont care about weed in urine test and they wish that they would take if off the offense list. they consider it a waste of time to have to hunt down non-criminals for dirty tests.
As a result a lot of probation officers dont even register it as a dirty test. Its not even worth the paperwork.

sorry to pick apart your statement.
I have a tendency to do that when Im ....
It was a point for sleepy240 man to think about. He does not want to stand next to ppl smoking but we will stand next to ppl drinking IMO the only ppl I want to stand next to if it be drinking or smoking is hot chicks. The only reason alcohol is legal and marijuana is illegal is because the profit that alcohol brings in same thing with tobacco. Thats what I think idk the real facts and if someone does post them up. The reason I think it would be a bad idea if weed was legal is everything would go to shit and ppl would take advantage.

I think it should be illegal (thats the only way to controll weed) along the lines of speeding is illegal or boating w/o a lifevest is illegal. So just a simple non traffic violation ticket.

So you are saying if you get cought in cali then you get a ticket and automatic 2 years of probation??

PS sorry ill answer your next questions tomm im fucking tired and not thinking right.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #138
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I think it should be illegal (thats the only way to controll weed) along the lines of speeding is illegal or boating w/o a lifevest is illegal. So just a simple non traffic violation ticket.
obviously it is NOT the way to control weed...

you can't.

People are gonna do what the people want to do.

Declaration of Independence 1776, Thomas Jefferson, check it out some time
drftmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #139
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
i think marijuana should be illegal because hemp farming would threaten the paper industry.

LOL OH WAIT
Old 09-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #140
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Anybody ever gotten "secondhand" or "contact" drunk?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #141
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftmark View Post
obviously it is NOT the way to control weed...

you can't.

People are gonna do what the people want to do.

Declaration of Independence 1776, Thomas Jefferson, check it out some time
Yes ppl are going to do what they want to do I never said they weren't. But if you make it legal the government has no way to controll/over see whats going on. Its just easyer for them to arrest ppl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i think marijuana should be illegal because hemp farming would threaten the paper industry.

LOL OH WAIT
Hemp and weed are kinda two different things. You can grow hemp without there being weed. Hemp would not only save us billions of $$$$ it would also save use billions on trees. Did u know all of our for fathers in the Free Mason society smoked weed and grew hemp.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #142
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
now thats a real comment, i respect that, because u can get it in ur system just by contact lol...isnt there a certain type of bagel that also leaves "traces" of wat appears to be thc in ur bloodstream....

hey in all honesty, the laws are changing rather quickly, kind of like the rastafarians wanting it to be legalized...it is in a sense for them, because its used in religious practice...i think it was passed on '03, they can't traffic it, they can't haVE it shipped, or get caught with it in a wrong venue i guess, but they can grow it and smoke it without being penalized
Old 09-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #143
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Have you ever experienced a contact high? I haven't.

I sure as hell know what it feels like to be high and I hang out with a lot of stoners, hell I even hang out with them when they are hotboxing a car... nothing.

Shit's bogus.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #144
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
While most of the THC is indeed absorbed by the smoker's lungs, some is still exhaled and can be taken in by someone close to them at the time. No it is not as strong, and the amounts are not as high as the person actually smoking. Most likely not even enough to pop on a Urinalysis.

However, I have never heard of anyone getting a DUI/DWI because they sat next to someone who was doing shots of Patron.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #145
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Have you ever experienced a contact high? I haven't.

I sure as hell know what it feels like to be high and I hang out with a lot of stoners, hell I even hang out with them when they are hotboxing a car... nothing.

Shit's bogus.
I have to disagree with you here. There are plenty of cases of "secondhand" highs, especially in the situation you describe as "hotboxing" a car. Google might help you out a little bit with your arguement. But have you ever got drunk by being around somebody consuming alcohol? Cause I sure as hell have not.

The people you are describing and "hanging out" with are exactly the reason marijuana will never be legalized. "Hotboxing" a car certainly is not giving you any credibility. It is the people who ABUSE the substance that ruin it for everyone else. I do not smoke and won't, but for the people who do you can thank your fellow "potheads" for giving everyone a bad name.

And back to the Hemp thing. As somebody else said Hemp does not automatically mean marijuana is involved. And sure there is tons of money to be had but is it more than whats with paper? I doubt it, trees are available NOW, Hemp takes an investment for down the road. The government sees dollar signs, but they don't care about the dollar signs if they are twenty years down the road.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #146
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
However, I have never heard of anyone getting a DUI/DWI because they sat next to someone who was doing shots of Patron.
valid, but i've heard of people getting cancer because they sat next to someone smoking cigarettes.

edit: i'll go ahead and say that there's no solid evidence of secondhand smoke causing cancer, and that smoking isn't the only way you can get cancer. but i'd really like to hear a solid, logical explanation of why tobacco is legal and marijuana isn't, based on health concern or public safety.

gonna go a little liberal here, bear with me.
the tobacco companies are the face of evil in America. they stay in business because they addict people to their product and their lobbyists hand out the most money.
when smoking bans started enjoying a little popularity in America, the tobacco companies realized they needed a new product that could be covertly consumed in places where smoking is banned, for the enjoyment of the addicted populace. in comes snus, which was never marketed here before, and, in fact, has now been banned in most of the EU.
and then they act like dealers. every magazine i open has a Camel ad in it with a coupon for a free tin of snus with any tobacco purchase. and for the past year or better, every time i go to a large event in the city (fourth of july fair, Taste St. Louis, St. Patrick's day parade, etc etc etc), there are two tents set up: one for Camel and one for Skoal. the Camel tent gives anyone over 18 TWO free tins of Snus for walking in with a valid ID. the Skoal tent does the same with their snus product and Skoal Bandits. first one's free, isn't that the saying?
anyway, tobacco is the devil and it's legal. if the concern is people getting contact highs... i've never experienced one, and that could easily be controlled.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #147
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I am addicted to tobacco. Its bad, you get the cold shivers, sweats, your on edge... if you havent had a puff in a day or 2. So I agree, tobacco is the devil. It kills, no doubt about it. Im sure if I smoked as much weed as I have tobacco, however, I'd be brain dead long before lung cancer killed me lol.

I guarantee it will be legal one day... Its just a matter of time.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #148
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
And back to the Hemp thing. As somebody else said Hemp does not automatically mean marijuana is involved. And sure there is tons of money to be had but is it more than whats with paper? I doubt it, trees are available NOW, Hemp takes an investment for down the road. The government sees dollar signs, but they don't care about the dollar signs if they are twenty years down the road.
^False^

Im pretty sure Hemp would put the paper companys out of business. Because 1 hemp grows alot lot more faster then trees so it replenishes its self faster then trees. 2 It will be alot less harmful to the environment because you can have a hemp farm to produce all the hemp you want without cutting down millions and millions of trees to make the same amount of hemp paper.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #149
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

i could've sworn there was some sort of school house rock type of cartoon about that very thing,,, where a company was built and paid for its product, but in the end the raw material to make the product became scarce, and it drove the co outta business, it was pretty good too
Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #150
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
^False^

Im pretty sure Hemp would put the paper companys out of business. Because 1 hemp grows alot lot more faster then trees so it replenishes its self faster then trees. 2 It will be alot less harmful to the environment because you can have a hemp farm to produce all the hemp you want without cutting down millions and millions of trees to make the same amount of hemp paper.
I think you missed my point. The United States can continue to cut down trees RIGHT NOW. They can't just pop up Hemp farms overnight. It takes time, capital, and employees. And to be totally honest I would not see it putting PAPER out of business, unless of course they stopped using wood to build thing and started using Hemp. Paper isn't just made from raw trees, the leftovers from production of lumber are also used as an example. Hemp has little uses at the moment to the market, you don't see a large demand for Hemp clothing, or Hemp paper for that matter. Hemp products haven't taken off because frankly they are not worth the cost IMO. I mean hell they have existed for MANY years.