Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-17-2020, 05:56 AM   #1
leftfootbrake

Trader Rating: (0)
leftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 I bought an uncracked s13 dash but it cracked, any advice on restoration?

I was able to source a geniuine uncracked LHD dash with the vents as well from a 1990 car for 50$.

The dash hat sat in a shack for 4 years without being touched, it was perfect but it had a ton of dust etched into the material. I bought it on a cold night and put it in the coldest room I had. Waited 24 hours and grabbed a wet cloth, made sure that the water had a similar temperature to the dash.

The dash material itself feels very hard. After that I slowly and carefully cleaned it with the cloth two times, it looked amazing, even though it still had tons of dirt. Left it to dry a bit and when I returned two hours later, two very small cracks appeared on top of the bulged part where the instrument cluster sits. The parts where they appeared became soft.

What should I do with this dash? I feel kinda bad for what happened, a few experienced nissan owners told me that I did the safest thing. Some recommend putting alcantara-like material on it or flocking it even. However I want it to be completely stock, how I can I restore it? Resin and paint or are there any other ways?

Thank you and sorry if my post is in the srong subforum.
leftfootbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links