Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
180love
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
180love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cheap drifting tires, that don't chunk?

What's up guys, I'm trying to see if anyone on here has brought a pair of Sailun Atrezzo's out to a drift event, and knows how they'll hold up?

I can get these tires fairly cheap through my work, but I'm curious if anyone has any first hand experience drifting on these.

If not, let me know what tires you guys prefer to drive on. (For the rear)
180love is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I love those. They go in and out of stock though.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #3
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Had really good luck with Triangle tires burning to chord every time regardless of pressure, temp, track surface.

Unfortunately I've been using Nankang AS1s lately due to size and availability. They've been delaminating/chucking a little while after hitting the wear indicators . This is at about 40psi cold.

Anyone had better luck at other pressures with these things?
Old 04-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
If you can get them cheap enough, rock them on every wheel forever.
Haven't been to a track in a while but I've definitely heard of guys using Sailun with no issues.

I guess it depends on how hard/long you'll be driving, but if you can squeeze a day or two out of them for the right price, why not?

(Assuming this isn't an everyday track scenario before the guys that live there go crazy on me.)
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:34 PM   #5
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I've had good luck with the following in 225/45/17

Sumitomo A/S P01 ($61 a piece)
Achilles ATR Sport "1" and 2 ($63-70 a piece)

Keep in mind that the Sumitomos run really wide, its damn near square on a 9" wide wheel. The Achilles are a fair bit skinnier.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
Smitty64life

Smitty64life is an unknown quantity at this point
Sumo do have a decent amount of grip. I have had great luck with Accelera
Smitty64life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:18 AM   #7
blackmags91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blackmags91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I did about 6 or 7 events over the course of a year running Nankang NSII and/or Nankang NS20 for the rears. I could get a full event in on one set (with mild sr20) and a few of the times still be able to drive home on them before replacing for the next event.

They did well for the price. I was also working at Discount Tire at the time so I could get them stupid cheap. They chunked just a tad bit after hitting the wear bar but I would recommend them to any casual drifter just trying to have some fun on a budget.

EDIT: A buddy of mine had a very similar situation but on Accelera's; same feedback from him.
blackmags91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #8
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmags91 View Post
They chunked just a tad bit after hitting the wear bar but I would recommend them to any casual drifter just trying to have some fun on a budget.
HP? Size? PSI?

My AS-1s keep delaminating after hitting the wear indicator.

260ish HP | 235-45-18 | 40psi cold

I don't give a shit if they chunk a little, I just don't want to be slappin' tire on my QPs.

Anyone else know a cheap tire (<$80) in 235-45-18? I can't find shit other then the AS-1.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #9
do it sideways
Zilvia Junkie

do it sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Some good burning tires are federal 595, triangle tires, atr sport
do it sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #10
RWD_FTW

RWD_FTW is an unknown quantity at this point
this is my second season drifting. The ideal (cheapest) tire size for my Z is 245/40/18 (230WHP). I run -0.02 rear camber so tire wear is even. So far ive used; Kenda Kaiser, nankang ns20, gt radial champiro, zeetex, and others I don't remember.
Kenda= They chunked out super fast. before it even got to the wear mark.
Nankang= Good. They chunked out after the wear mark. Decent life
Gt Radial= Great. Didn't chunk out but wear out fast. Grippy.
Zeetex= Good. Chunked out after wear mark. Good life.

Last year running the same power I would go trough a pair and half of the second per event.
This season with the PBM angle kit im destroying tires. 3-4 full brand new pairs per event. So tire price has become number 1 priority lol.
The cheapest out of the ones I listed has been Nankang Noble NS-20. $70-$80 on discounttiredirect.

If anyone knows anything better please share as well. Need to save on this shit
RWD_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:59 PM   #11
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Did several events on a mix of tight and fast tracks with ONE PAIR of Achilles ATR (225/45/17).

Little to no chunking (note: locked the brakes on a flat spin/went off course into gravel), even past the wear bars.
No signs of cording yet, swapped to fresh tires as soon as there was no signs of the tread pattern.
Still sticky even though they've been heat cycled like crazy.
Grip is abundant throughout the life of the tire, very sticky compound

At -1.0* of camber and .15* toe in (near factory), 40-45 psi was the sweet spot for my setup/power (260whp).
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #12
RWD_FTW

RWD_FTW is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
HP? Size? PSI?

I don't give a shit if they chunk a little, I just don't want to be slappin' tire on my QPs.

Anyone else know a cheap tire (<$80) in 235-45-18? I can't find shit other then the AS-1.
I used AS-1s last event and they sucked!!!!!!! 225/40/18 chunked out big time way before the wear mark. 233HP and I ran them at 30psi
RWD_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #13
blackmags91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blackmags91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
HP? Size? PSI?

Oops sorry, this is my first time coming back to this thread!

275ish HP; 225/40/17; 35psi cold
blackmags91 is offline   Reply With Quote